Downsizers Team Chat - NOVEMBER 2022

Replies

• JarheadSFMF
    JarheadSFMF Posts: 54 Member
    edited November 2022
    We have another new member joining our awesome team ...Please welcome @JarheadSFMF :)

Thanks!! Hi all 😀

I actually did the opposite of most when Covid locked us down. I got laid off at the beginning of it all. I also realized and recognized the paths some were going down and not taking care. I quit drinking and started working out. Kettlebells in the home office grew to a pretty nice garage gym.

My highest and scared straight weight was 287lbs. My goal was 200lbs, but now I am thinking 210-215 fits me best as I start lifting more. I try to get steps outdoors everyday, but steps aren't my current goal.
  • aneedlecraft
    aneedlecraft Posts: 172 Member
    @Megan_smartiepants1970

Steps
    11/20: 1463
    11/21: 2734
    11/22: 3063
    11/23: 3150
    11/24: 2547
    11/25: 1841(fitbit on charger until after lunch)
    11/26: 471 (sick & didn't wear fitbit most of the day)

11/27 & 11/28 - still sick & didn't track

Well, I went to the urgent care yesterday after running a fever for 2 days. Got an unexpected diagnosis - an ear infection *shrug* I picked up meds today & am starting to feel better. Also had a NSV - the urgent care doctor commented on my blood pressure being in a good range.
  • rwood566
    rwood566 Posts: 987 Member
    Good evening all. Another Monday has gone by the wayside. Only a few more of these accursed days left this year.
    Check in:
    Steps for 11/27 - 14365
    Steps for 11/28 - 6850. Should be more but carried bags.
    Calories - 2850. High, but special day. 35th anniversary.

I spent a lot of the day shopping with daughter. Had to replace anniversary gift that broke. Tried a donut shop that is a fusion of Mexican and American.
    A huge welcome to all the new people.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 38,927 Member
    rwood566 wrote: »
    Good evening all. Another Monday has gone by the wayside. Only a few more of these accursed days left this year.
    Check in:
    Steps for 11/27 - 14365

I spent a lot of the day shopping with daughter. Had to replace anniversary gift that broke. Tried a donut shop that is a fusion of Mexican and American.

Happy 35th Anniversary :)
  • Slimmersixties
    Slimmersixties Posts: 760 Member
    Just want to share this .... In October, despite hitting my calorie goals and increasing my exercise my weight loss really slowed down. The maths said I should have lost 10lb but I only lost 4lb. I was feeling really demotivated. Decided to try something new in November and changed to intermittent fasting, with just one meal a day. Well the maths say I should of lost 7.8lb but I actually lost 9.4lb. And now I'm only 11lb away from target. I know its not for everyone, but it's working for me. Going to stick with it until I reach goal :) Short term pain for long term gain :)
  • laura9400
    laura9400 Posts: 418 Member
    @Megan_smartiepants1970
    11/20 - 7,103
    11/21 - 8,295
    11/22 - 2,504
    11/23 - 10,257
    11/24 - 3,998
    11/25 - 7,655
    11/26 - 7,921
  • JaysFan82
    JaysFan82 Posts: 852 Member
    For the first time since I've started this I've been feeling completely unmotivated. I'm still going to the gym regularly but I'm having to force myself to get up and go. I'm sure a weight loss this week will pick me back up.
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,478 Member
    Hey! Just found this group, and am looking forward to losing it (the weight, that is). I, like so many, put a LOT of weight on during the covid lockdowns. I got in really bad nutrition habits and used food as a stress reducer. I ballooned up to the largest weight I've ever been. My company makes outdoor furniture, and one day I threw my back out bad while lifting a picnic table. A trip to the doctor and a discouraging MRI gave me motivation to get back to my normal weight, which for me is about 215 lbs. That's 66 lbs. away still, which seems daunting at the moment. I've lost 21 lbs. since I began, 11 of which have been since I joined MFP. I'm typically a very positive man, and I know I can do this, but I can use all the motivation and support I can get! Thanks!

Welcome to the team! Congrats on losing 21 pounds.
  • lindamtuck2018
    We have another new member joining our awesome team ...Please welcome @JarheadSFMF :)

Thanks!! Hi all 😀

I actually did the opposite of most when Covid locked us down. I got laid off at the beginning of it all. I also realized and recognized the paths some were going down and not taking care. I quit drinking and started working out. Kettlebells in the home office grew to a pretty nice garage gym.

My highest and scared straight weight was 287lbs. My goal was 200lbs, but now I am thinking 210-215 fits me best as I start lifting more. I try to get steps outdoors everyday, but steps aren't my current goal.

Welcome to the team! Sounds like you already are on the right path. What are some of your goals?

• lindamtuck2018
    rwood566 wrote: »
    Check in:
    Steps for 11/27 - 14365

Happy Anniversary!
  • lindamtuck2018
    Steps: 10,195
    Sleep: ✔️✔️
    Log food: ✔️
    Exercise: ✔️

My goals this week are:
    Log food at least 5 days
    Sleep 6.5 hours minimum
    Exercise 3 days

Pool was great. Had a few coughing fits but I was the only one at the pool. I swam a little and general exercises. Not too crazy. I am about to leave for my injections. Good thing as I fell out of bed and jolted my back. I hit my head on the nightstand so I am hoping it knocked some sense into me. I thought only kids fell out of bed. 😂

Have a terrific Tuesday!
  • cormierannie
    cormierannie Posts: 4,388 Member
    Sorry for the delay.
    cormierannie
    Weigh in day Sunday
    PW: 140 pounds
    CW:139 pounds
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    3yv08xogx1sv.jpg

Here is my 2nd reminder of the people's steps I need for November week 4 ..Please have them in this evening 11/29 so that I can post the results in the morning ..Thank you :)

@IP2021 11/20 - 11/26
    @Jpedno 11/22 - 11/26
  • IP2021
    IP2021 Posts: 85 Member
    @Megan_smartiepants1970

Here are my steps:

zntaghytoldw.jpg

Was in Malta from Thursday to Sunday, so did a lot more walking than normal 🤗
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    We have another new member joining our awesome team ... Please welcome @Maesneuadd :)
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Please welcome @Bigjuicy2point0 to our amazing team :)
  • JaysFan82
    JaysFan82 Posts: 852 Member
    Buncha dudes joining us next month!
  • Bigjuicy2point0
    Bigjuicy2point0 Posts: 906 Member
    Please welcome @Bigjuicy2point0 to our amazing team :)

Thank you very much. Definitely glad to be here.
    Little bit about me, I've struggled with my weight since I was 10. I'm 43 (yes still this sexy at 43 lmao) at 39 I was getting ready to go through a divorce so I found the gym as my happy place. I went from 365 down to 265 before covid hit. With my job I supplied the entire state of Michigan with covid testing supplies so I was working 7 days a week for the first 3 months. That calmed down but now working 2 jobs to help pay down some debt so I had completely fell off track going back ip to 293.4. Now I'm forcing myself back to my happy place and staying on track. Reading the post on here I think this is exactly what I needed. Thank you for the support
This discussion has been closed.