DECEMBER 2022 CHALLENGES -- 12/01 -- 12/31

Options

Replies

• PaulaKro
    PaulaKro Posts: 5,698 Member
    Options
    Shelley,

You mentioned lo-carb eating awhile ago. Here's a forum with some amazing pictures of meals. Makes me want to try them all. I'm curious if people who aren't on lo-carb would find them as attractive? I recommend starting on the first page and going forward. The end feels like it tapers off.

paula

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10274397/what-does-your-low-carb-meals-look-like/p101
  • kjs1228
    kjs1228 Posts: 1,471 Member
    Options
    Paula - I really need to start sleeping more and proof reading :) lol

It was so cold yesterday. We had a lot of black ice so were pretty much stuck in the house in the afternoon. I had a message that had to be rescheduled unfortunately. But I did bake a bunch of cookies so that was good.

Today is so bitter cold. Picking up a bunch of catering and just dropped Rei at therapy....I could never live in Alaska lol!

Hope you are have a wonderful holiday!

Karen
  • cpanus
    cpanus Posts: 19,404 Member
    Options
    Christmas Eve spent w/Sara Pete Ronan, Collin, and Bean. I'd gotten Bean one of the squirrel towers that you hide the squirrels in and he gets them out through the holes in the tower. It was the big on! I put it in a chair along with two bears for Sara's neighbor's children.The next time I looked the tower was on the floor...all six squirrels scattered about, the bottom of the tower demolished, the cardboard pulled out and chewed up a little. I laughed soooo hard. I was glad he didn't go after the bears. We had fun.
    I think the kids were going to Pete's mom's for Christmas Day but she got sick (not covid) and decided she didn't want to spread the germs to the kids so declined getting together with them. We are invited over to Sara's tomorrow if we want to go. Maybe.
    I walked this morning...6.33 miles in 111 mins...it was a little cool but it was so beautiful. The past three or four days have been so foggy and cold. Today was a surprise. I hope tomorrow is clear, too.
    Chris
  • cpanus
    Options
    Merry Christmas, my friends!! Hope you all have a wonderful day and weekend.
    Chris
  • KAR1959
    KAR1959 Posts: 4,262 Member
    Options
    18xhb9hhkcuh.jpeg

I hope you all have a wonderful day with your family. Merry Christmas! 🎄🎄🎄❤️❤️❤️

Kathy
  • cpanus
    Options
    <3<3<3<3
    Chris
  • PaulaKro
    edited December 2022
    Options
    May the new year be kind.
    8y27x88xkmbf.png
    As the sun set on my deck on December 24th - Paula
  • zumbaforever
    zumbaforever Posts: 6,888 Member
    Options
    Beautiful photos and thoughts everyone. Thanks for all the kind thoughts.

Paula so excited to check out the site. Thank you for thinking of me.

Chris I wish you had a photo of that. It sounds like everyone had fun.

Christmas Eve was spent with friends. We played games and had a white elephant. Rocky and I brought home almost $300 in cash and gifts. It was amazing. Christmas was a walk with the kids and puzzle. Should be done tomorrow with it.

Shell
  • cpanus
    Options
    Beautiful picture, Paula.
    WOW Shelley!!!! We all should have been at that party with you!!!
    Bean made a mess with the squirrels and the tower...he can gut a squirrel in less than a minute. Squeaker goes first then a leg then the stuffing is pulled out then he needs a new squirrel to gut!! Amazing!
    Got 5.09 miles done in 89 mins in the freezing cold fog!! Then we picked up Ronan for some play time.
    Chris
  • zumbaforever
    Options
    Chris I hope you get a discount on those squirrels. Libby loves the ones that make sounds. Like cats that meow. Cows that moo. Etc. She makes them play over and over until she finally causes them to break.

Went for a walk today. Son came over to visit. Puzzle got neglected. Work tomorrow.

Shell
  • kjs1228
    Options
    Paula - gorgeous!!

Another night of crap sleep ;( Back to work today (although it shouldn't Be too crazy.) I'm going to work from home all week. Have to help Bella catch up on some homework backlog.

I plan on going to sunrise yoga at 7 :) why not right!

Karen
  • cpanus
    Options
    Shelley, I have a bucket of non-squeaky squirrels that still have their guts...if Bean picks one up, tries the squeaker and it fails to squeak cuz he un-squeaked it, he spits it out and continues looking through the bunch for a new squirrel. So funny!
    We have RAIN today in northern California!! So, no walking for me. I did have Collin duty until 12:30 today, so a little warn out and I didn't sleep well last night either. Might be able to walk tomorrow.
    Chris
  • zumbaforever
    Options
    Babies do tend to wear us out. But so worth it. Chris my daughter buys new squeaker and replaces the broken ones. But only for my pups. They don't pull out the stuffing. Silly Bean. :D

Work went fast today. A fellow co-worker is retiring early and will be missed. Sadly he is dying. Due to the Covid immunization he received. Caused his white cells to attack his brain. He has dead areas and there is no fixing it. He is truly a wonderful person. Tomorrow night we are getting together for dinner with him. And about 25 other folks.

Shelley
  • zumbaforever
    Options
    We had just over 30 friends show up to wish Clint a happy retirement. It was a great time for all.

Shelley
  • PaulaKro
    Options
    Shelley, So sorry for your friend.

Paula
  • PaulaKro
    Options
    @cpanus Flagging Chris to see if it giver her a notification in her bell. - paula
  • cpanus
    Options
    Thanks, again, Paula for getting me here.
    I have Collin Duty this morning. Must go get ready.
    Back later.
    Chris
  • kjs1228
    Options
    I can finally get in now too!!

Karen
  • kjs1228
    Options
    It was 53 degrees yesterday...summer compared to what we have had....got out and did a 30 min Peleton walk...felt great!!
  • kjs1228
    Options
    62temgaty5sv.jpg

Today is Bella's 17th birthday. I've always decorated her door when she is sleeping. What a year she's had....getting better and more mature over time. Hoping her 17th year is a good one 🙏

Karen