Join our Jumpstart Your Health Challenge

Replies

• nightfeeding1
    nightfeeding1 Posts: 25 Member
    I want to lose 10kg in weight, look and feel better and buy some new clothes :smiley:
  • mammaw2009
    mammaw2009 Posts: 1 Member
    edited January 2023
    2023. Making it my goal to get to my lowest adult weight so that would be 199. Currently was 235. Now at 210.6 heading the right direction , in a healthy way . Been journaling walking everyday and really making decisions on what I am eating. Kinda doing my research ❤️. This app is extremely helpful. I love progress 😀
  • nanerkay
    nanerkay Posts: 725 Member
    Hey everyone! I'm Michael, and have a goal to start exercising in the realm of calisthenics and strength conditioning. Back on May 7th 2022, I was 26 @ 280lbs at 6'5" and today January 26th, I'm 27 (assumably so) and now 242 lbs! Slow and steady, but I haven't done much exercise, just changing diet. So now it's time to start monitoring my diet closer and commiting to logging it on the app as well as starting to exercise! Thank you so much for this platform and the effort put in to making it easier for laymen like me to figure out how to understand the fuel your body needs depending on your goals!

That's awesome you have lost so much without exercising.
  • nanerkay
    mammaw2009 wrote: »
    2023. Making it my goal to get to my lowest adult weight so that would be 199. Currently was 235. Now at 210.6 heading the right direction , in a healthy way . Been journaling walking everyday and really making decisions on what I am eating. Kinda doing my research ❤️. This app is extremely helpful. I love progress 😀

That's my first goal is to be under 200. I have about 50 pounds to go but I'm not trying to rush it. I just want to learn to eat healthier meals and get more exercise.
  • dwn1267
    dwn1267 Posts: 1 Member
    Yes!!!! Looking forward to putting myself first and getting healthy! I want to lose 30 lbs and improving my overall fitness. I sit at a computer all day at home and have become a slug. I want to feel proud of my body and energized!
  • MomJess4
    MomJess4 Posts: 10 Member
    Hi. I need to get back on the wagon with healthy eating and exercise. My blood pressure is elevated and I just feel like crap. Is there any way to buddy up with someone for motivation?
  • Stephen_LacaJr
    Stephen_LacaJr Posts: 20 Member
    Can I join the challenge without the app? Don't have a device that supports it. Anyway, my goal for 2023 is to reach 200 lbs. Will then have just 20 to go for my ultimate goal weight. Started on 01/02/2023 at 340 lbs. Today starts week 5 and I am down to 310. Whoot Whoot. On my way!!
  • JennBuckish
    JennBuckish Posts: 38 Member
    Hey everyone! I'm Michael, and have a goal to start exercising in the realm of calisthenics and strength conditioning. Back on May 7th 2022, I was 26 @ 280lbs at 6'5" and today January 26th, I'm 27 (assumably so) and now 242 lbs! Slow and steady, but I haven't done much exercise, just changing diet. So now it's time to start monitoring my diet closer and commiting to logging it on the app as well as starting to exercise! Thank you so much for this platform and the effort put in to making it easier for laymen like me to figure out how to understand the fuel your body needs depending on your goals!

Good job Michael - keep the successful streak going in 2023!
  • JennBuckish
    JennBuckish Posts: 38 Member
    Can I join the challenge without the app? Don't have a device that supports it. Anyway, my goal for 2023 is to reach 200 lbs. Will then have just 20 to go for my ultimate goal weight. Started on 01/02/2023 at 340 lbs. Today starts week 5 and I am down to 310. Whoot Whoot. On my way!!

Great job!!!!
  • nanerkay
    MomJess4 wrote: »
    Hi. I need to get back on the wagon with healthy eating and exercise. My blood pressure is elevated and I just feel like crap. Is there any way to buddy up with someone for motivation?

I need something to get me remotivated. I'm hoping the warmer weather will motivate me to get out and walk this week.
  • nanerkay

That's awesome.
  • Lightbeamer
    Lightbeamer Posts: 49 Member
    2023! Let's get Moving!
  • TromboneMom42
    TromboneMom42 Posts: 5 Member
    mimonde18 wrote: »
    I want 2023 to be the year that I lose my weight and improve my health.

I feel the same way. I basically went off sleep meds that made me hungry
  • nanerkay
    I started at the beginning of the year but I'm still struggling so much. I've had a lot of health problems here the last two weeks. Now my knee is bad so exercising is ruff. I have problem moving my neck to the right. I'm so frustrated. 😖
  • salserajen
    salserajen Posts: 13 Member
    tden0930 wrote: »
    Happy New Year!!! my goal is to stay focused on my health and happiness.
    Love it! How is it going so far?
  • salserajen
    Love it! How is it going so far?
  • salserajen
    ruthbot9 wrote: »
    I am 64 and want to get off the yoyo dieting cycle and want to increase my strength and energy while getting back to a reasonable weight with a BMI of 25-28. I am attempting to reduce sugar in my diet for the month of January.

• salserajen
    Yoyo dieting is exhausting. For me it turns into such a mental game. What have you been doing recently to get on track?
  • nanerkay
    I'm not doing any kind of a diet I'm just changing things a little at a time this week I'm going to eat more vegetables and less junk. I may have to stop my exercising because my left leg is swollen behind the knee. I'll have to see my doctor about it. I'll call them tomorrow.