Mission Slimpossible Team Chat - JANUARY 2023

1121314151618»

Replies

• shaunarlr83
    shaunarlr83 Posts: 374 Member

@Katmary71 - thank you! I don’t know why but when you spoke of napping it sounded so lovely and I’ve napped for the past two days in a row and already yearning for another 😅 I used to nap/sleep all day all of the time. I know now it was my way of dealing with life. Since I moved to my moms I’ve napped twice, once after I first moved here and had very little resting period and then two weeks ago when I took some allergy pills. Somedays I don’t want to get up, other days I’m ready for bed really early, but most days I really enjoy just being awake!! I also stopped energy drinks back in November aside from vitamins that boost energy. I’m sure I was harming myself with how many I drank. Sorry for the randomness there…and you were right…

@DrewsAnna - my friend has been to that place in Seattle, it’s the same artist! Dale Chihuly and his art is known as Chihuly glass! He’s from Washington, I know I’ve seen his work before but didn’t know much about it or him, I’m fairly new to art and artists….trying to broaden my knowledge a bit 😂 I also had no idea that his largest permanent exhibit is right here in Oklahoma City, I will be going SOON!!!!!!

@Cornanda - awe cuteness!!!

@vegan4lyfe2012 - what’s tatting? Lol I’ve picked up several things over the years, most has stuck with me. I want to learn more but figure I will save knitting and crocheting for when I get older. I did make my daughters curtains and was surprised how easy it was and how much I remembered since I haven’t sewed in about 5 years. That dinner looked amazing! Yay for the victories!!

@19shmoo69 - it’s pretty much all connected with downtown Bentonville and expanding. I believe they are building a large health complex but also redoing the landscaping around the museum. They had guys fishing for their fish under the bridges and said they will be draining and cleaning the ponds. Even the creek bed is landscaped it was really a gorgeous area to visit!

@sleepygirl79 - welcome, you will love this group. They are very helpful with ideas and so encouraging!

@AmbersWay - I hope the sickness leaves your house entirely. My brothers family lives next door and someone over there is always sick. I’m glad it doesn’t travel between the houses too often.

@micaroo4 - I might be joining you in the winter weather updates, they said our area is expected catastrophic ice storms next week! 😬😬😬

@trooworld - I’m so sorry about the anxiety attack! Amazing loss!! 😍

@davidji82 - I sure the results from the extra workouts will shine through next week.

Thank you all for the kind words! I’ve been getting a lot of random “You look so happy” messages from Facebook friends who hardly ever talked to me before. Guess I wasn’t as good at pretending as I thought I was and who knew actually being happy was so easy!!! 😁😁😁

I did make it to the gym with my daughter but first I did the Muscle Burns Fat Dynamic Recovery workout from Beachbody and I have been so sore for the past two days!!! I finally got her liking the kettlebells!!!
    Wednesday mom and I watched little Athena’s memorial service via livestream.
    Back to the gym late that night!
    Cousins funeral yesterday and visit with my older brother all evening. My other cousins memorial service will not be until February 3rd.

My younger brother has missed a few breakfasts and dinners here lately, I’ve been sleeping in most days and skipping breakfast altogether but we are all still making great choices. Last night I made beef patties topped with pepperjack cheese and rotel, fried cabbage with bacon, and hot corn!
    Hot corn is my family’s recipe and it doesn’t sound quite appealing to most people but is really the best thing ever!!! My great grandpa had a garden with only corn, onions, and jalapeños but also had pigs and chickens. They say he threw all of the things he had on hand together and hot corn was born, we have it at every family get together…

Crispy fried bacon crumbled into bits.

Sauté peppers and onions in the bacon grease.

Add corn (sweet corn is best) stir the bacon bits back in and add eggs. Usually one egg per can of can of corn, cook until egg is scrambled together with corn!!

So good! If anyone gives it a try let me know what you think!

I also went to talk to a lady at my tribe that helps get you started working she was going to have me start at a desk job next week that was only temporary, but this morning I got a call back for the overnight ER Tech position that I applied for! My interview is Monday!!! I’m really excited about this opportunity so y’all send all the prayers and good vibes my way that y’all can! I will be working with my daughter a few hours a night before she gets off at 11:30pm

We had plans to go hiking today but her sleep schedule is still messed up and I’m not sure she will be able to get up to go before she has to be back at work. I’m pretty used to staying up super late and trying to change to being an early bird has started to wear on me so I don’t think I will have a problem working a night shift. 🤞🏼@bethanie0825 and @tammymccrady6278 y’all will have to give me pointers on dealing! 😜
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,070 Member
    Friday weigh in
    Cornanda
    PW: 175.2
    CW: 173.9

:)
  • Cornanda
    Quick pop in- been a busy week with the new beast. Hubs and I decided we were maybe ready to get a dog. Barely started looking and found this little guy. The stars all aligned and two days later, he was here with us. Whoa! He was "rehomed"- didn't get along with another dog at the home. I really don't see how- he is so chill.

He's 7 months old, and a complete sweetie. He is maltese, yorkie and poodle. He's also much more potty trained than his previous owner said it was- that's a relief! @trooworld - his occupation is trying to get his belly rubbed 24/7.

I'm in love!

Lisa
  • Brigit42
    Brigit42 Posts: 39 Member
    Hi MS ....You have a returning member coming your way ... Please welcome @Brigit42 (use to be raquelfit2)

Thanks Megan!

Not sure if anyone remembers me but I was here last year under the name (Raquelfit2) thought I'd choose a different name this time. (Trying to keep it interesting...lol)

I took a MFP break and gained back all the weight I lost. So I'm back to try again.

Hope everyone is doing well!
  • GabiV125
    GabiV125 Posts: 3,126 Member
    Username: GabiV125
    Check in day- Thursday
    PW: 135.2
    CW: 136.2
    This week was a party week, with 2 birthday diners out and 3 deserts gatherings. All delicious and gain completely worth it! To be honest I expected more. Went in with only one rule: maximum one fun serving per day, either drink or desert.

MFP names- it used to be max 2 changes after the initial setup, done directly in settings, and if any were wanted after, then contact MFP for support. Not sure what’s now.

It’s almost February and I didn’t see any snow this season.
    Can the excess from your places be sent over here, please ? 😁😁
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 42,776 Member
    Hi MS..Another new member joining your team ...Please welcome @txcritter69 :)
  • sleepygirl79
    sleepygirl79 Posts: 199 Member
    I love how friendly and welcoming everyone is. I have a question for the vets here before we get Feb challenge started. My body does not like lettuce after the fact (you know what I mean). Therefore, salads are non-existent in my diet. I wish I could eat them as a healthy alternative. Does anyone have any suggestions for a substitute? Too many veggies are not great for me either ☹️ Thanks
  • vegan4lyfe2012
    vegan4lyfe2012 Posts: 1,214 Member
    @Katmary71 – I’m so jealous of your free seed section at your library. I just bought an 8-pod hydroponic growing system (one for me, one for Hunter). I’m going to buy seeds tomorrow. I hate having to buy packets of 100 when all I need are a few. I think I’m going to do lettuce, spinach, basil and chives. Yes, I definitely think it’s worth it to make my own milk. I bought a one pound bag of raw almonds for about $6 and it only takes 2 Tablespoons to make 1 cup. I add a date if I want it sweetened. And that’s it! I’m researching recipes now for the pulp that’s left over. Hate to waste it. I also bought a bag of soybeans and I’ll make some soymilk sometime this weekend. I’ll report back on how that turns out :) Anyway, Rancho Gordo has both regular and black garbanzo beans. I’ve never tried the black ones, but the regular ones are good. If I were you, I’d pick one or two other beans to try…if you’re not feeling too adventurous, go with vaquero and alubia blanca.
    @DrewsAnna – I am not a morning person either! Good job getting up 2 consecutive days!
    @AmbersWay – I didn’t even think of having anything tailored! Thanks!
    @davidji82 – Hang in there! It seems that exercise does that to most people.
    @trooworld – Unfortunately, overeating happens regardless of it being restaurant food, comfort food, or even healthy food. I just need to get in tune with my satiation cues better. I was doing Better Balance for the longest and had the same issue…too many negative bites. Found it to be too discouraging and eventually just stopped bothering to enter anything. Conquer Cravings is working good for me so far. Been doing this one since the beginning of January. Love your end-of-the-week roasted veggie idea! And WOOT WOOT on the almost 3# loss!!!
    @shaunarlr83 – Tatting is how you make lace. Like doilies and edging. It’s very intricate. It’s actually not as hard as it looks, but you definitely have to pay attention to what you’re doing. Prayers going up and fingers, toes and eyes crossed for your interview!
    @Cornanda – Congrats again! What is your little guy’s name?
    @Brigit42 – Welcome back!
    @GabiV125 – That gain is excellent for the number of parties! Good job keeping it reined in!
    I am so glad it’s Friday. Just want to relax, do some stamping, and get some walking in (we’ll see about the walking since it’s 24F today). I got some new stamping products, so those of you who’ve already given me your addresses, I’m going to work on sending happy notes to you :) For anyone else, you can send me a friend request. After I accept it, then you can private message me your name and address and I’ll put you on the list, too! All the creating helps keep me out of the kitchen :)
    Drink your water and eat your veggies!
    No Zero Days logging:
    1. Cook bean/grain: B)
    2. Weigh all food: B)
    3. Log all food: B)
    4. 30 minutes activity: :s (still really struggling with this one)
    5. Stop eating when pleasantly full: B)
  • micaroo4
    micaroo4 Posts: 3,757 Member
    Friday

Not a great day, because of a night of insomnia. Taking in too many calories to try to make up for lack of sleep which of course doesn't work. On the other hand, it's a beautiful sunny day, warm for January, and I had a great walk plus a workout this morning on the elliptical and some yoga to round things out. Worked on my current crochet project for a while but then ran out of yarn. Sent for 2 more skeins so that I can finish it. It will be 5-7 days before it arrives. Grrrrr. I knew when I started that I was probably going to run out of the white, but I needed to wait until I ran out so that I could estimate how much more I would need. I've got plenty of the other colors leftover. I'll probably make some hats with the leftovers.

-Mica
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,273 Member
    The new month's chat thread is open! Continue to weigh in here through the end of Saturday. Go to February for (re)introductions, goal setting, and idea sharing -

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10882863/mission-slimpossible-team-chat-february-2023/p1?new=1
  • micaroo4
    Micaroo4
    Weigh In Day Saturday
    PW 127.0
    CW 127.0

-Mica
  • Cornanda
    @vegan4lyfe2012 - His name is Gus.

I will do a longer post tomorrow.

Lisa
  • gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,477 Member
    Username: gemwolf110
    Weigh in week: 4
    Weigh in day: Sat
    Previous Week's weight: 217.4
    Todays Weight: 219.8
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 42,776 Member
    Hi MS...Another new member joining your awesome team ...Please welcome @OliviaGarciaSmith :)
  • micaroo4
    Welcome @OliviaGarciaSmith !

Seems like this team had a great month of January! Ready to rock February!!
    u8in98qb1k1g.jpg

-Mica
  • tammymccrady6278
    tammymccrady6278 Posts: 219 Member
    tammymccrady6278
    Weigh in day Saturday
    PW 238.3
    CW 236.7

I’m nights this week so I’m so very excited to be down. I don’t get my steps in and I have to fight the urge to snack all the time. I work privately in someone’s home as a nurse so not much to do at night. Not like in a hospital or long term care where u always are going. That’s why I haven’t been on here much this week. I am covering for the night girl who is on vacation. Almost done just tonight and tomorrow left then back to normal.
  • digger61
    digger61 Posts: 3,973 Member
    Username: Digger61
    Weigh in day: Sat
    Previous Week's weight: 222
    Todays Weight: 218
  • megnolia82
    megnolia82 Posts: 856 Member
    Sunday weigh in

SW: 228
    PW: 217.8
    CW: 216

Had some setbacks this week. It’s going to be a long recovery.
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,273 Member
    edited January 2023
This discussion has been closed.