Shape Shifters Team Chat - FEBRUARY 2023

Replies

• PatriceFitnessPal
    PatriceFitnessPal Posts: 1,323 Member
    edited February 2023
    @pupowl - Yelling stresses me out, too. I feel as though I have some kind of PTSD because I try too hard to keep the peace and avoid upsetting people who yell to get their way.

I have to stand my ground or walk away when it’s an ethical topic, or something based on foundational principles, but it’s not easy for me. I can feel it in my body and it takes a lot of energy for me to stay calm in those situations. I used to take on other people’s emotions when they were upset and I found myself prioritizing whatever issue was setting them off at the expense of my own needs, time, etc. I’m getting better at it but still need practice!

So, I’m also working hard to express my feelings calmly but firmly on major issues, and let minor issues flow through me. I want to be kind, helpful, and fair — without allowing people to cross boundaries and take advantage of me. I think the first step for me is setting some clear boundaries so that I can overcome my ‘people pleaser’ tendencies when it’s important to protect myself.

Wishing you peace ☮️ and confidence in dealing with any rude or demanding people you have to interact with Shape Shifters. Let’s surround ourselves with people who bring us up instead of tear us down whenever possible!
  • nancyinmo
    nancyinmo Posts: 148 Member
    @PatriceFitnessPal
    Thank you for your kind words, and thank you to everyone for your encouragement!! I am very excited for all the new opportunities and challenges ahead!!
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,101 Member
    The February Week 4 Group Challenge is open and ready to begin on Sunday, Feb. 19th. Join us this week when we work on Commitment and Reflection! Here's your link:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10884387/february-week-4-group-challenge-daily-commitment-and-reflection#latest

Hope to see you there!
    Jessica
  • jessicakrall8
    Well this achy feeling is hanging on, along with a headache and my sore arm. I just didn't feel like heading out into the cold, so I cancelled. We'll have to reschedule it sometime when I'm feeling better. After such a busy and stressful week, along with all the rest, I'm worn out, so I laid down after eating some lunch and fell asleep.

Got the Group Challenge opened up and ready for tomorrow. Would love to see more of my SS friends to join in...there's always a lot of creativity and focus on areas that YOU need, so I think you'd enjoy it.

Gonna head back and lie down again for a bit...have a good rest of your #Caturday (says Betty!) :blush: She curled right up with me for that nap...who wouldn't fall asleep next to a purring love bug?! I just love her so much...

Jessica
  • SavageMrsMoose
    SavageMrsMoose Posts: 633 Member
    SavageMrsMoose steps

2/15 5869
    2/16 7,397
    2/17 15,085

I've been trying to catch up on a bike challenge so haven't been running as much- boy it really shows in my step count!

• jessicakrall8
    rcmd8vstdu0t.jpg
    @angmarie28 I need your steps from 2/10 to present...all other walkers, please check the chart and report your steps for all of Week 3. Thanks guys!

We're missing the following weigh-ins for this week (incl today), so please report in ASAP so we can update your weigh-in for week 3. Thanks!
    @bearchested
    @GwenS23
    @ewilhelm2487

Thanks for helping your Captains stay up to date!

Jessica
  • Bumbinella
    Bumbinella Posts: 90 Member
    Bumbinella

Weigh ins: Sunday

PW: 164.5 lbs
    CW: 162.2 lbs

So glad the scale is finally moving again. Had to go back to strict keto for that, but at least it’s working 😅💪
  • bearchested
    bearchested Posts: 215 Member
    Hey everyone, my goals have changed a bit to losing more weight again so I'd like to join the weekly weigh-ins. I've made a lot of progress with my training, but will be participating in a bike ride across the state of Iowa later this year and so I'm working on dropping weight along with sticking to my current training schedule of weightlifting and cycling.

CW: 195.6

@bearchested I will send a message to the MODS to add you back to active. Thanks for the starting weight. What day would you like to use for your weekly weigh-ins. I'll let you know once your back on the chart. Welcome back!
    Jessica

I'd like to stick with Friday. Thanks!
  • alleykat69
    alleykat69 Posts: 277 Member
    alleykat69

weigh in: Sunday
    PW: 193.9
    CW: 194.3

Steps for February 12-18
    Sunday 3830
    Monday 5769
    Tuesday 5350
    Wednesday 5109
    Thursday 2999
    Friday 5571
    Saturday 3567
  • frankwbrown
    frankwbrown Posts: 12,178 Member
    Daily step goal: 10,000
    Fri 2/17: 14,797
    Sat 2/18: 11,022
  • Bumbinella
    Bumbinella Posts: 90 Member
    Pupowl wrote: »
    Here is the card for today.
    1hvoo4fshm0y.jpg

Love that you’re sharing your motivation cards with us. Thank you ☺️
  • jessicakrall8
    They look delicious @CasandraW ! I'm sure she'll love them all week. I bet the applesauce adds an extra boost of sweetness, as well as moistness too. My mom always made special treats...didn't know how good I had it, at the time! :blush:

Loving the cards @pupowl ! Thanks for sharing!

@lauriewrobo Congrats on finishing the program...you're really doing great!

@bearchested Got you back on Friday's and I counted your starting weight for Friday, but if you DID do a weigh-in, let me know and I'll update it. I didn't see a post, so I just assumed. Welcome back, again!
    Jessica
  • LaurieWrobo
    LaurieWrobo Posts: 1,262 Member
    Steps:
    2/15 7,865
    2/16 7,010
    2/17 5,096
    2/18 5,646
  • LaurieWrobo
    LaurieWrobo Posts: 1,262 Member
    Thanks @jessicakrall8 for recognizing my accomplishment. I do appreciate it 🥰
  • Pupowl
    Pupowl Posts: 1,553 Member
    Daily check in ~ February 19
    Steps: 17.728
    Good morning Shape Shifters. I did a lot of cleaning, went to two stores because the first one sold out on something I needed and watched two movies that were so bad that I am pretty sure I lost braincells I am never getting back. Otherwise relaxed with Tinus and played some games. Happy Monday everyone <3
This discussion has been closed.