Shape Shifters Team Chat - FEBRUARY 2023

Options

Replies

• izzyred9400
    izzyred9400 Posts: 913 Member
    edited February 2023
    Options
    Just a quick check in with my steps.Well done @LaurieWrobo great loss.@SavageMrsMoose well done for getting in the healthy BMI range!
    @Pupowl I'm loving your daily inspiration cards & the holders are cute too.Its good to write your goals down.I feel that you have to get yourself in the right mindset to achieve your goals & it seems easier to keep to them if you're in the right mood.Especially if you have a victory of any kind.I used to measure myself once a month,as my waist especially can vary from one day to the next.Good to try whatever suits you though.
    My steps
    2/18 6,419
    2/19 5,073
    2/20 18,684
    2/21 16,079
    Had a lazy day today & didn't go out.Ive started tracing my family tree & it's very addictive.I did do a bit of cleaning & laundry but didn't make it to the gym.
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,104 Member
    Options
    @jessicakrall8 - I might need to skip my weigh-in this week. I’m traveling to Austin, TX and I’m not sure if I’ll be able to access a scale on Thursday.

Should I let you know for sure tomorrow morning or just request the change now?

@PatriceFitnessPal I marked you as EXC. Enjoy your trip!
    Jessica
  • Pupowl
    Pupowl Posts: 1,562 Member
    Options
    @izzyred9400
    Thank you, I am glad you enjoy the cards. I believe there are 144 cards total between the 3 sets, so it will be a while before we get through them all. Mindset is super important when it comes to weight loss for sure and I agree that victories help a lot. I found it much easier to continue after a loss than after a gain. I think measuring once a month is plenty, that's what I used to do as well. But it was easier to have everything tracked in the list and it's not really much effort to measure when I weigh in anyway, so weekly is fine with me. Have fun tracing your family tree!
  • Pupowl
    Options
    Daily check in ~ February 22
    Steps: 19.320
    Workout: yes, (2/4)
    Good morning Shape Shifters. Not a very interesting day here. Printed out some weekplanners and the list to track my weight and measurements on. I made a sort of scrapbook back when I started losing weight seriously, so I put the pages in there. I stuck to my eating window of 11:00/16:00, had a high deficit, did my 30 minute workout on time, turned off pc on time, read some in bed and had a decent sleep. Another green day for my habit tracker. Happy Thursday everyone <3
  • Pupowl
    Options
    Here is the card for today.
    5e4tpp2ihqxn.jpg
  • SavageMrsMoose
    SavageMrsMoose Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    @Pupowl Love this message! Reminds me not to take life to seriously... One of my favorite instructors on Peloton often says, "It ain't that deep, honey" as in- enjoy yourself, no one cares if you are pedaling at 85 cadence or 95 cadence... Its just a bike ride.

@PatriceFitnessPal Have a great time in Austin!

Steps - I got my runs in the past two days!

2/21 15,660
    2/22 17,632

Have a quiet day here- its very cold! Going to try again to get both the bike and run in today. My daughter, her fiance, and a friend come in tonight, but very late. Looking forward to some company!

• kcpond
    kcpond Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Username: kcpond
    Thursday
    Previous weight-244.1
    Current weight-244.9
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,055 Member
    Options
    Hi SS... You have a new member joining your amazing team for March...Please welcome @vanzeem15 :)
  • brttny7979
    brttny7979 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! Late again on my weigh-in (supposed to be Monday). Sorry! It’s been a good week overall. I ran a 5k in 33 minutes which is something I never would have been able to do a year ago! Excited and nervous about a girls trip this weekend which will likely make it difficult to exercise and eat right. Plan is to enjoy it and get right back on track Monday. Going to try to weigh-in either way to keep me accountable. Hope everyone has a good weekend.

Name- brttny7979
    SW- 198
    PW- 148
    CW- 147
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,104 Member
    Options
    Hi SS... You have a new member joining your amazing team for March...Please welcome @vanzeem15 :)

0cqw6zcb30ep.jpg
    @vanzeem15 Welcome!! We're glad you found us!! When you get a second, take a minute and introduce yourself. I'm Jessica, one of your two Captains and the other is @Pupowl . Together with our two Motivators @angmarie28 and @PatriceFitnessPal , we're your leadership team. I think you will find this team is a great balance, a good group and a very kind little "family" to help keep you motivated. Let us know if there's anything we can do to make your journey a little easier!

I recommend a couple of things...first go back to pg 1 of this chat thread and read out FAQ. I will also post it as soon as the March chat thread is started. It will answer a lot of beginner questions and for anything else, just post and several of us will likely chime in. Second, get involved...post, ask questions, start a new discussion...the more you put into this team, the more you'll get out of it. Finally, if you're a challenge or walking/running fanatic, take advantage of our monthly Step Challenge and our weekly Group Challenges that change every week. You will find information about both of those in the chat threads and links to the group challenges.

Again, welcome! Good luck in March and beyond!
    Jessica :blush:
  • ac204
    ac204 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    AC204
    Sundays
    PW:182.8
    CW: 184
  • Pupowl
    Options
    Daily check in ~ February 23
    Steps: 17.474
    Good morning Shape Shifters. Not a great day here since I got a mild migraine at the end of the morning. I went to bed when I realised how bad it was, but I didn't manage to sleep. I got up after an hour because I felt like I could at least function a bit again. My head was feeling all foggy and like a cotton ball the rest of the day, so I couldn't tolerate much. No reading, no music, no videos, no puzzle. It was a little bit boring! I walked Tinus and made sure I got my steps done early so I could go to bed when I needed to. That was a good call because I ended up going to bed at 19:00. My food was low due to naussea, so I got every habit checked off, except for the workout which I wasn't planning to do yesterday anyway. If my head behaves, I will do a long workout today. Happy Friday everyone <3
  • kodakslim
    kodakslim Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    💟Weigh-in💟

👩 Username: kodakslim
    🗓 Weigh-in day: Friday
    👣 PW: 155.6
    👣 CW: 153.2

I’m happy with this loss. Now, if I can just get past 153, that would be great! I put new batteries in my scales because the same numbers keep coming up, and I thought they might be broken :D

I haven’t really had any time to do daily check-ins as I’ve been busy with uni and packing for the house move. I’ll be able to participate more in the next few weeks, but I’ll still continue to post my weigh-ins in the meantime.

I hope everyone is keeping well <3

• SavageMrsMoose
    SavageMrsMoose Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    @brttny7979 Congrats on your 5K! Have a great time on your girls trip!

@Pupowl Love the "thought for the day"!

SavageMrsMoose

Fridays:

PW: 156.0
    CW: 153.2

This was the second weight this week that was under 154... What is roughly the top of a healthy BMI for me! Next goal- to break 150. I looked at MFP and the last time I did that was July 2018. Won't get there next week, but fingers crossed the following!

My daughter got home at 12:45 pm last night and my son texted me about his intramural basketball game at 6:30 am, so I didn't get much sleep. Tonight is the big fashion show. Probably will have a couple of cocktails and enjoy myself- get back on track with the diet tomorrow.

Hope everyone has a great Friday!

• Pupowl
    edited February 2023
    Options
    @kodakslim Great loss!
    @SavageMrsMoose You are doing amazing this month! Must be an awesome feeling to reach a healthy BMI.
  • frankwbrown
    frankwbrown Posts: 12,185 Member
    Options
    frankwbrown
    February week 4
    Weigh in day: Friday, February 24
    PW: 235.7
    CW: 236.2 ( gained 0.5 lbs; 0.21%) this week
  • frankwbrown
    frankwbrown Posts: 12,185 Member
    Options
    Daily step goal: 10,000
    Tue 2/21: 11,070
    Wed 2/22: 15,528
    Thu 2/23: 10,196
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,041 Member
    Options
    The MARCH 2023 Team Chat is open!
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10884770/shape-shifters-team-chat-march-2023/p1?new=1

Please head to the new month to post (re)introductions and lay out your commitments for a nice green March!

Continue this week's weigh-ins and step reports here. Thanks!
  • mulecanter
    mulecanter Posts: 1,792 Member
    Options
    Mulecanter
    Friday
    PW: 221.5
    CW: 224

Salt!
This discussion has been closed.