Shape Shifters Team Chat - MARCH 2023

Replies

• PatriceFitnessPal
    PatriceFitnessPal Posts: 1,298 Member
    edited March 2023
    @KHill875 - It’s not easy to hold everything together when you’re sleep deprived. I’m glad your daughter is over her stomach flu. Sending good karma to your household for a healthier spring season! It’s worth it to let some tasks go so you can rest — 😴

@Armygirlarmyof1 - I hope you get some relief from your swelling and stiffness. Gentle movement by cleaning sounds like a good idea!

Thanks for posting the daily card to help us reflect and get in the right frame of mind to face the day @Pupowl. I’ll try to bring warmth, comfort, and goodwill to everyone I interact with today!

Onward, ShapeShifters!

• jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 4,947 Member
    Gm yall. A lot of stiffness I n my left knee. So tes, weight is off because of swelling.
    Cw. 230.8
    Pw 221.8
    Abd it rained here during the night so it added to the puffiness in my left knee and ankle. This is just water retention and nothing else. I'm hoping that all the movement from spring cleaning will eventually catch up. Lol.

@armygirlarmyof1 I've EXC you from your weigh-in this week because of the swelling. If you feel better by week's end, weigh in on Sat...otherwise, just weigh in next week.
    Jessica
  • izzyred9400
    izzyred9400 Posts: 857 Member
    edited March 2023
    Pupowl wrote: »
    @izzyred9400
    Are your steps for the 19th really 3.755? I am guessing you forgot the 1 in the front there, but just checking. :)
    @CasandraW
    Thank you, I hope to go back to 'normal' again tomorrow. You had an awesome loss!

@Pupowl I know it was not like my usual numbers but it is correct.I was unwell all that day & spent most of it in bed.Thankfully I've made up for it since.
  • Armygirlarmyof1
    Armygirlarmyof1 Posts: 492 Member
    @jessicakrall8, tyvm. I'm hoping some of the spring cleaning stuff will help. Movement different from the normal is what I'm hoping will jog this.

@PatriceFitnessPal , ty. I'm hoping movement of a different kind will help.
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 9,759 Member
    Please share our sign-up thread for any new members. Do you have friends who might like to give it a try? Ready to make some real spring cleaning changes? This is the place to register for April:
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10887282/registration-for-new-members-april-2023#latest

This is for NEW members. If you are already here, no need to sign up again. Thanks for helping more people join us!
  • Pupowl
    Pupowl Posts: 1,360 Member
    Here is the card for today. Happy Tuesday everyone <3
    tlfi4vm6epfa.jpg
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    Thanks for posting the daily card @pupowl. It made me think about songs that give me the chills when I hear them and make me want to sing along. I don’t have a nice voice but I enjoy music. I sing along in the car when I’m driving alone so I don’t ruin the song for anyone else but it makes me smile to see someone else who loves music singing along happily whether they have a pleasant voice or not!

Shape Shifters — Is there a song that gives you the chills and makes you sing along?
  • LaurieWrobo
    LaurieWrobo Posts: 1,204 Member
    Thanks for posting the daily card @pupowl. It made me think about songs that give me the chills when I hear them and make me want to sing along. I don’t have a nice voice but I enjoy music. I sing along in the car when I’m driving alone so I don’t ruin the song for anyone else but it makes me smile to see someone else who loves music singing along happily whether they have a pleasant voice or not!

Shape Shifters — Is there a song that gives you the chills and makes you sing along?

Angels Among Us by Alabama always makes me 😢 😭
  • pedal__power
    pedal__power Posts: 186 Member
    step check-in:

3/24 15,085
    3/25 16,423
    3/26 13,320
    3/27 16,530
  • SavageMrsMoose
    SavageMrsMoose Posts: 632 Member
    @PatriceFitnessPal and @Pupowl I also love to sing alone in the car. I have a terrible, off-key voice. Some of my best memories of my daughter’s skating days were when we’d have long drives and sing together. I used to sing songs from Peter Gabriel’s So album in high school… very cathartic

Steps

3/25. 14,073
    3/26. 7476
    3/27. 13,535
  • frankwbrown
    frankwbrown Posts: 11,918 Member
    Daily step goal: 10,000
    Sun 3/26: 12,959
    Mon 3/27: 10,915
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 4,947 Member

Foolish Heart by Journey (love Steve Perry's voice)...or any of the hits from Boyz to Men...SO love me a good boy band!
    Jessica
  • izzyred9400
    izzyred9400 Posts: 857 Member
    My steps
    3/25 10,465
    3/26 19,538
    3/27 21,408
    3/28 8,572
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    edited March 2023
    Thanks for sharing the songs you love to love!

I’m enjoying them! Journey is a classic (and that hair!). It’s like a trip down Memory Lane to hear Boyz to Men and Peter Gabriel again — I used to listen to ‘Your Eyes’ by Peter Gabriel over and over again in the late 1980’s!

So fun!
  • Pupowl
    Pupowl Posts: 1,360 Member
    Here is the card for today. Happy Wednesday everyone <3
    u5orioe1kjfp.jpg
  • LaurieWrobo
    Wednesday Weigh In
    PW: 160.4
    CW: 161.0

Eating more protein- need to make sure I get more water in
  • LaurieWrobo
    Steps:
    3/25 3,877
    3/26 4,458
    3/27 3,744
    3/28 4,752

Not hitting my step goal b/c I'm not walking outside its still cold and snow - like it's snowing & windy this morning- winter does not want to leave Wisconsin
  • SavageMrsMoose
    SavageMrsMoose Posts: 632 Member
    @LaurieWrobo its not leaving Colorado either! BRRRR

I'm back from my short trip to Houston and I'm only up .8 from Friday's weigh-in. Not too terrible. I've got a busy but unexciting day today, but will be home for almost two weeks, which will be nice, even though it is awfully cold.

Hope everyone has a great Wednesday!
This discussion has been closed.