Mar.21 9546
    Mar,22 9327
    Mar.23 8896
    Mar.24 9937
    Mar.25 9065
    Mar.26 7173
    Mar.27 6011
    Mar.28 8658

Sorry I'm a couple days late on weigh in. Busy Monday, it was my Daughters 17th B'Day Yesterday! I was visiting a friend in the Hospital over the weekend & I just lost track of my days lol

Hope everyone is doing well. I enjoy reading the post especially the ones on "Garmin" I have been thinking of getting a new fitbit as mine is older, but now I might join in on the "Garmin" train! Have a wonderful day everyone.
  • izzyred9400
    izzyred9400 Posts: 858 Member
    @PatriceFitnessPal I love a good sing a long.I don't think I've got a great voice but I enjoy to sing.
    Get me some Bee Gees or George Michael.As I love musicals I have still got some cassette tapes & a player that I put on when I'm doing the ironing.Les miserables "Take me home" always brings a tear.Also the song from Mama Mia when she is getting her daughter ready for her wedding makes me well up.Maybe that's as I have 2 boys & miss the daughter I never had.
    As you know I love to dance,what's everyone one's choice to get down & groove to ? Mine is Play the Funky music by Wild Cherry,or any Motown,I'm a 70s fan.
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 9,764 Member
    Hey folks - the amazing Downsizers are not only our winningest team, they are recruiting and have more members than all the rest! Yikes! Let's give them a run for their money and grab some new members across the board :smiley:

Please share this link freely! If you're on a message board or forum or on your own feed, tell folks that there is room for a few lucky new people to join up. Tell them about your team and how it helps you. They have until Sunday to hop in for April - no April Fools, it's for real!!

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10887282/registration-for-new-members-april-2023#latest
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    PatriceFitnessPal Posts: 1,298 Member
    Pupowl wrote: »
    Hello Shape Shifters! I am sorry I haven't been active here much. I am doing fine (besides eating too much) but I feel really busy in my head and I haven't been able to find the space to post here much. I just don't have the brainpower. I hope to get back to my daily posting soon, but no promises. I hope everyone is doing well.

Thanks for checking in @Pupowl. I have been thinking of you and appreciated @CasandraW’s message to you after your mother’s visit, knowing that the change in routine can throw us off course.

I find that checking in here can help me focus my intentions for the day but I definitely understand the situation you find yourself in now when it’s too difficult for us to find the space in our heads or daily routines. It can be a real Catch 22! No pressure to post daily - and no promises are needed - so feel free to set the bar lower until the rhythm feels right and helps build momentum.

I appreciate how difficult it might be to post the daily cards so thanks again for all the effort you put into supporting the Shape Shifters group!

• PatriceFitnessPal
    @LaurieWrobo and @MrsSavageMoose - The cold rain seems to be finally making way for the sun to shine here so I hope you find some relief from the cold soon!
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    Happy Birthday to your daughter @JenHul!

I’ve also been following the Garmin suggestions and I’m torn between the Garmin and Apple Watches, which both have water proof features and apps for tracking rowing workouts. I’ll probably decide by the end of the week. I have a gift card for the Apple Store that I’d like to use because I’m notoriously bad about storing gift cards in places and then forgetting to use them.

@izzyred9400 - Thanks for adding more songs to our list. I’m really enjoying the suggestions and listening to the Les Miserable sound track reminded me how beautiful Josh Groban’s voice sounds. I got happily sidetracked into more songs be him - e.g., Raise Me Up - after watching this video:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=fXnRf3TQcpk

Keep the recommendations coming! 👏👏👏
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 4,955 Member
    edited March 2023
    Hey y'all:

Hope you had a great day today...halfway through the week! WOOHOO! I'm loving all the music discussions...love Josh Groban a lot...especially hit duet with Celine Dion a few years ago...they're both great talents! For me music is all about the vocals...MUST have a great voice...love tight harmonies...I love to sing. I miss Whitney Houston like there's no tomorrow! Also love Stevie Wonder...his lyrics are amazing. BIG R & B fan...

I planned to eat out today because I woke up a little late this morning and I had to choose between walking or prepping food. I did well with my choices, lots of oriental veggies and lean meats...nothing fried, except for my one small spring roll. Under on calories.

Work was a bit stressful today, but I did some deep breathing and got away from my desk when I could to stretch my legs and just breathe. Getting ready to lie down and read for a bit.

Have a Happy Thursday tomorrow!

Jessica
  • Armygirlarmyof1
    Armygirlarmyof1 Posts: 493 Member
    As far as music, I'm an ecclectic...I listen to it all. That's something encouraged with my siblings and I. If I had to pick 1 song and 1 song only, it would be Def Leppard pour some sugar on me. Yep yep. That 1 is for sure my jam...
  • Pupowl
    Pupowl Posts: 1,361 Member
    Here is todays card. Happy Thursday everyone <3
    wke9xopuy1gj.jpg
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    Here’s my weekly weigh-in report.

Name: PatriceFitnessPal
    Weigh-in Day: Thursday

PW: 134.6
    CW: 135.6

SW: 168
    LTD: 32.4

My goal is to sustain my weight within the 120-130 pound range. So, it’s disappointing to move more than 5 pounds beyond my target range.
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    edited March 2023
    The weekly weigh-in is a good time for reflection. I definitely learn something every week, regardless of whether I like the result or not —

I’m more active in the warmer weather, which helps increase my movement. I’ve been participating in ‘winter conditioning’ training with my rowing group, and sometimes join the off-season pickup soccer games, but it’s too easy to skip (e.g., stay home when the weather is bad or other plans are more attractive). Since the official soccer and rowing seasons are starting, I’ll be more accountable. It gets me outside more and improves my consistency, but I really need to figure out the nutrition side of the equation so I can maintain better balance throughout the year.

I’m going to review my nutrition logs for the past month and try to make some healthier substitutions.

I’m the past, I’ve cream was a problem in the evenings for me. I switched to eating fruit with a bit of yogurt on top as an afternoon snack, and only get ice cream after making an intentional visit to an ice cream shop or some similar effort (like a walk to the local grocery store for a smaller pint size container, etc.). I’d love to hear ideas from fellow Shape Shifters!

Do any of you have a food swap that has worked well for you?
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    Autocorrect made some changes to my message above, which might make it hard to understand …

*In the past, ice cream was a problem … for me.

The yogurt substitution helped so I’m hoping to make additional changes. Are there any substitutions that made a positive difference for you?
  • CasandraW
    CasandraW Posts: 495 Member
    @PatriceFitnessPal my biggest swap was crackers or bread for Broghies. They are kinda like a rice cake but thinner. I like them and so do my kids. My husband thinks they taste like styrofoam 🤷‍♀️ I don’t know if they are available in the US, but typically if I can get it in Canada it’s in the US to.
    My other big one is plain greek yogurt instead of the sweetened regular yogurt.
    4bi8cdsds23r.png
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    edited March 2023
    Welcome back and congratulations on your new home @nancyinmo! I’m glad you enjoyed your trip.

Thanks for the recommendation @CasandraW! You are always so helpful. I had never heard of Broghies so I’ll look into it.
  • SavageMrsMoose
    SavageMrsMoose Posts: 632 Member
    I too have switched to the plain greek yogurt with fruit @CasandraW . I also have switched to almond milk from 2 percent and I often sub sparkling water with a splash of fruit juice for wine or a cocktail. Probably should do that one more!

Congrats on your new home @nancyinmo ! Very exciting !!!

Steps

3/30 6,308

• jessicakrall8

Steps

3/30 6,308
    @SavageMrsMoose Missing your steps for Mar 24th, Mar 28th and Mar 29th...not sure what happened there, but I searched and cannot find them. Please advise.
    Jessica
  • jessicakrall8
    Had a potluck day at work...going to try and detail my food as much as possible, but very tempted to just write the day off with a few thousand calories...might not turn out that bad (who am I kidding)?!
    Jessica
This discussion has been closed.