Weight loss experiment with possibly unrealistic expectations lol

Options
1235»

Replies

• Dan__Cote
    Dan__Cote Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    "Weight loss experiment with possibly unrealistic expectations lol" @merekins It's all in the title. *pop*
    Update:
    Yup. Weight loss has slowed down. I've increased my morning fasting cardio to 30-40 minutes (5min warmup, 20-30min cardio, 5 min cooldown). Weight training 4 days a week. Nothing too crazy. Upper/lower body split. Circuit training. 15-35 reps per set. I eat back some of my calories. For instance: Yesterday i burned apx. 235 calories doing cardio. I have no idea how many calories I burned doing circuit training. I ate a 782 calorie dinner (very satisfying), and was still under by 83 calories. First thing in the morning I weighed 201.6lbs. Only 10.4lbs down over the past 17 days. Not quite on track with my Unrealistic Expectations. I'll still get there though.
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,028 Member
    Options
    Enthusiasm is always good for a few lbs. Cheers.
  • Dan__Cote
    edited March 2023
    Options
    I've been tracking my weight, skeletal muscle, fat mass, body fat%, BMI, body water, and BMR over the past 3 weeks to see any trends that can help indicate my real results. I figure 3 weeks of data will be able to show a better assessment. Here is what I found:

Weight (W), Skeletal Muscle (SM), Fat Mass (FM), Body Fat % (BF), Body Mass Index (BMI), Body Water (BW), Basel Metabolic Rate (BMR),
    Feb22- W 208.6lbs. SM 81.1lbs, FM 58.7lbs, BF 28.5%, BMI 32.7, BW 109.4lbs, BMR 1830 Cal.

Mar01- W 203.7lbs, SM 80.9lbs, FM 54.5lbs, BF 27.7%, BMI 31.9, BW 108.1lbs, BMR 1812 Cal

Mar08- W 202.7lbs, SM 80.6lbs, FM 54.5lbs, BF 27%, BMI 31.7, BW 108.6lbs, BMR 1820 Cal

Mar15- W 201.8lbs, SM 81.3lbs, FM 52.8lbs, BF 26.2% BMI 31.6, BW 109.3lbs, BMR 1829 Cal

I have data for almost every day, but I figured every 7 days would be enough for people to read. As you can see, there are a few categories that stayed (relatively) the same. If anyone cares to check out my MFP food diary they will see that I increased my calories slightly (from 1600 to 1733).

It's interesting to look at the statistics from week to week and see the actual results of your efforts. If my Galaxy watch and digital scale are to be believed, I have lost 6.8lbs. 208.6lbs +.2SM - 6.9BF -.1BW over the past 3 weeks. WAY slower results than I initially predicted, but not bad for the average Joe.
  • Dan__Cote
    Options
    Update:

Another week has gone by. Lets see how I did.

Mar22- W 201.2lbs, SM 80.9lbs, FM 52.8, BF 26.2%, BMI 31.5, BW 108.9, BMR 1823
    -0.6 -0.4 = = -0.1 -0.4 -6

Ouch... not good. Lost a little muscle and 0 fat.

Small change for this coming week. I'll go to bed and wake up 30 minutes earlier to allow myself time to increase my fasted morning cardio. I'll be reducing my post-workout carbs by half. Maybe introduce intra-workout aminos into the equation. I'll also be increasing my step goal to 14K a day. Let's try this out for a week and see what happens. I welcome any suggestions.
  • Dan__Cote
    Options
    Update:

As of my last post I have gradually increased my calories to maintenance and will continue to do so for another 3 weeks. I have been much more generous with carbs too. Nothing excessive. Pretty much, I just focus on getting at least 180g of protein and the rest is whatever fits. It's been much less stressful. I still do weight training and cardio 5-6 days a week. My results have been much better than I anticipated.

17APR- W 206.2lbs, SM 85.2lbs, FM 51lbs, BF 24.7%, BMI 32.3, BW 114lbs, BMR 1890
    +5 +4.3 -1.8 -1.5 +.8 +5.1 +67
  • Dan__Cote
    Options
    The goal has never been about "weight" loss. It's about "fat" loss. My metabolism got wrecked towards the end of the 6 week diet. But, the diet was very effective at helping me lose fat quickly. It certainly is not sustainable for an extended period of time. Since returning to maintenance, I have been able to lose fat (much slower) and actually put on muscle. My water weight has increased, which was to be expected. Overall, I am about the same weight, but my body fat % has dropped. In a few more weeks, I am going to go on another 6 week diet. This time, I'll be less ambitious. 1800 calories a day should yield good results and I won't be dropping too low for too long.

My cholesterol was out of whack because I was taking things I shouldn't have been taking (SARMS and the occasional beer...or 12). Horrible decisions for liver and kidney health. I need to make an appointment to get my blood work done. I will post my results as soon as I do. Until next time.