WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MARCH 2023

Replies

• 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,300 Member
    Debbie ~ Every time I read your report on Destiny I just want to cry for her and her family. I am praying for them.

Carol in GA
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,935 Member
    1948CWB wrote: »
    Debbie ~ Every time I read your report on Destiny I just want to cry for her and her family. I am praying for them.

Carol in GA

Right now it is really hard on the family. The dad is out of town for work and the grandma is out of state with one of her sons and of course her mom is with her so that leaves the other two kids alone. They are 14 and 16 with an uncle and aunt that live kind of close if they need something.
  • Joy1580vb
    Joy1580vb Posts: 282 Member
    kymarai wrote: »
    Hugs and prayers continue for Destiny!

Joy Pyrenees are the BEST! My Sara was mixed with Golden Retriever and the absolute sweetest. She was 13/14 yo when we had to put her down about 2 years ago. We got her as a stray around 2 yo. I still kiss her as badly as Katla misses Schooner. We have had many dogs, but after the last two just haven't found the passion to get more. They both had to be fed corn free food.

Back to work!
    ❤️
    Kylia in wet Ohio

Yes we loved our Jessie. She was just 6 weeks old when we got her and was such a delightful dog. Our current dog Buddy (border collie/lab) will probably be our last...maybe. He's 6 years old, full of energy and also loved to bits. May consider a rescue senior dog when he passes as we enjoy the companionship of a dog.
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,106 Member
    Ginny sorry to hear that! 💕

Question for everyone. We are going to be driving to Florida the first week of April. We will be making a stop in New Orleans. My question is, has anyone that has been there have a place that we must see. We will only be there a couple hours at night and three hours during the morning. Would like to see the best of the best!

💕 Mary from Arizona/Minnesota
  • sh0tzz99
    sh0tzz99 Posts: 945 Member
    Well, after a week-ish, I'm back at the weight I was before our vacation. Some of the gain was probably airplane bloat.

So sorry to hear about Destiny. That is so sad.

OK, enough procrastinating. I need to get my work done!

Tina in CA
  • minicooper452
    minicooper452 Posts: 615 Member
    Welcome newbies and returnees! (((hugs))) to those who need them.

Oh no, Debbie, I am so sorry for Destiny and her family. She's been such a shining star throughout this whole ordeal to have this crop up. How horrible for her. I'm sending my prayers.

Really wonderful dinner with my dear friend Cheryl last night. We get together almost every three months and it's like we saw each other just yesterday and not for years. We'll sit and take a table for hours and talk and talk and talk. (and compensate the staff very well, of course!) Had an amazing wedge and sirloin salad that was HUGE! Had the rest of it for lunch today.

23. Tune into your feelings, without judging or trying to change them... never really had a problem with this!
    Love and Blessings, Carla, in MN
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,519 Member
    Stats for the day-

Walk w/family- Lucy in stroller- 1hr 56min 25sec, 98elev, 2.96ap, 95ahr, 121mhr, 6.11mi= 635c
    Strava app= 749c
    Zwift home bike trainer- strava stats- 1hr 23min 47sec, 1161elev, 113aw, 18amph, 36gear, 112ahr, 131mhr, 25.08mi= 523c
    Strava app= 544c
    Zwift stats- 1hr 23min 43sec, 1165elev, 113aw, 48arpm, 17.99amph, 25.1mi=

Total cal 1158

Another 25mi ride
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    edited March 2023
    Mary,

Personally, I would go on a walking tour that includes a cemetery:
    nbk66uwv1c60.jpeg

But these two options are very popular:
    x8q8ud0m8m30.jpeg

Some people just can’t leave New Orleans without eating a Muffuletta at Central Grocery, Beignets at Cafe du Monde, and New Orleans-style BBQ shrimp at Pascal's Manale.

New Orleans is a lot of fun.

We also enjoyed jazz groups in the evenings.

Karen in Virginia
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,106 Member
    Mary,

Personally, I would go on a walking tour that includes a cemetery:
    nbk66uwv1c60.jpeg

But these two options are very popular:
    x8q8ud0m8m30.jpeg

Some people just can’t leave New Orleans without eating a Muffuletta at Central Grocery, Beignets at Cafe du Monde, and New Orleans-style BBQ shrimp at Pascal's Manale.

New Orleans is a lot of fun.

We also enjoyed jazz groups in the evenings.

Karen in Virginia

Thanks for all of this information!! This may become a semi annual drive-through, so it’s nice to get some ideas of what to do when we have a short visit there!

💕 Mary from Arizona/Minnesota
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,033 Member
    Lanette your little chicks are fascinating! I'm sure you will learn to tell them apart soon. What fun!

And thank you for the compliment! Things are going really well for the moment.

Annie in Delaware