WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MARCH 2023

Replies

• kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,600 Member
    <3
  • minicooper452
    minicooper452 Posts: 615 Member
    Welcome newbies and returnees! (((hugs))) to those who need them.

HAPPY FRIDAY!!!
    24. Appreciate your hands and all the things they enable you to do... they're my life!
    Love and Blessings, Carla, in MN
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,902 Member
    :)Barbara, The man who brings our groceries to the car is fabulous and Jake wanted to give him a tip but he is not allowed to accept one so we thank him every week and mention him in the survey I fill out for Kroger.

<3 Barbie in NW WA
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,809 Member
    kevrit wrote: »
    I am doing this Happiness calendar for March. Feel free to copy or simply use it if you’d like!

March, 2023 Action for happiness.org
    RVRita
    1. Set an intention to live with awareness and kindness. I intend to live with more awareness and kindness every day.
    2. Notice three things you find beautiful in the outside world.

Sky, sand and ocean
    15jmjq5nsagk.png

3. Start today by appreciating your body and that you are alive.

Yesterday's 54 km bicycle ride and 5 km walk on the beach ...

4. Notice how you speak to yourself and choose to use kind words.

19nper8umeoo.png

5. Bring to mind people you care about and send love to them.

:heart:

6. Have a ‘no plans’ day and notice how that feels.

The only plans we had yesterday was a stroll through a neighbouring arty town to look at the shops.

7. Take three calm breaths at regular intervals during your day.

I do box breathing at some point just about every day.

8. Eat mindfully. Appreciate the taste, texture and smell of your food.
    :)

9. Take a full breath in and out before you reply to others.
    Many times.

10. Get outside and notice how the weather feels on your face.

Afternoon walk ...

gk9c2ciwlcx2.png

11. Stay fully present while drinking your cup of tea or coffee.

Not so much today. But usually. :)

12. Listen deeply to someone and really hear what they are saying.

Haven't talked to anyone other than husband today.

13. Pause to watch the sky or clouds for a few minutes today.

Love watching the sky. :) Our house is especially well located for that, and at certain times of year, we get fantastic sunsets!

jomkq0tqutyd.png
    05wmx6w4ig4u.png
    7vc4lxr8ihsj.png

14. Find ways to enjoy any chores or tasks that you do.

Laundry! I don't mind doing laundry. :)

15. Stop. Breathe. Notice. Repeat regularly.

That's about all I can do today. I haven't done anything which requires effort.

I looked up the vaccine I had yesterday. Boostrix: diphtheria-tetanus-acellular pertussis (whooping cough). I am set for 10 years!

But headache, tiredness, body aches, sore joints and nausea are common side effects ... which I am experiencing.

My doctor also informed me that the antibiotic "cocktail" I've been prescribed will make me feel ill and give me a horrible taste in my mouth. But it is only for 5 days and should do the trick.

16. Get really absorbed with an interesting or creative activity.

I've been colouring these days because I'm not allowed to do much more. Fortunately, I enjoy colouring. :)

I've also been putting away laundry and rearranging a closet.

17. Look around and spot three thing you find unusual or pleasant.

The place is slightly neater and cleaner than usual. That's both unusual and pleasant. February was major house-cleaning month, then we went on holidays so the place is still clean.

I'm at home, surrounded by things I like.

There are photos I have taken recently showing on my second computer screen.

18. Have a 'no plans' day and notice how that feels or If you find yourself rushing, make an effort to slow down.

Today, I casually worked my way through part of the garden, catching up on some of the weeding.
    And we went for a short 10 km bicycle ride.
    And I've been colouring. :)

19. Cultivate a feeling of loving-kindness towards others today.
    :heart:

20. Focus on what makes you and others happy today.

Walking - 3.57 km

Cycling - 10.27 km

z6nik83nkcds.png

21. Listen to a piece of music without doing anything else.

I have music on all day. Most times I'm doing things, sometimes I'm not.

More cycling today ...

bqfierqjcrq9.png

22. Notice something that is going well, even if today feels difficult.

I was warmly welcomed back!!

And immediately swamped with work! It's going to be a challenge but it's nice to have a certain degree of freedom - autonomy!

23. Tune into your feelings, without judging or trying to change them.

So many feelings.

I've just started this new job so there is excitement and nerves going on.

And it is the 5th anniversary of my husband's accident. I cried a while last night.

24. Appreciate your hands and all the things they enable you to do.

Especially typing!

But I am appreciating getting my left hand back now that it is healed from the bite. I'm mixed-handed or cross-dominant, so I use my left hand a lot and miss it when it's out of action.

25. Focus your attention on the good things you take for granted.
    26. Choose too spend less times looking at screens today.
    27. Appreciate nature around you wherever you are.
    28. Notice when you are tired and take a break as soon as possible.
    29. Choose a different route today and see what you notice.
    30. Mentally scan your body and notice what you are feeling.
    31. Discover the joy in the simple things of life.

Machka in Oz
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,352 Member
    <3
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,294 Member
    :)<3:)
  • myvt9v4crh
    myvt9v4crh Posts: 391 Member
    edited March 2023
    ⭐️ 💖 ⭐️

Katla
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,500 Member
    Good afternoon ladies!

Debbie - how sad for Destiny. Sending prayers and hugs for her and her family and those who love her. She sounds like such a trooper. <3

Ginny - reading about that explosion gave me the shivers! Oh my WORD! Hope your leg cramping is just a one-time thing and no big deal. Easy fix with magnesium or something.

Speaking of propane tank - yesterday afternoon it was warm and sunny so I finally got after the potting shed. It's also my "canning" shed and has a 20 gal propane tank in it. It was in the way so I thought it needed a new home. I found out that it isn't supposed to be stored in a building! I stuck it under the grill with the other one beside the shop door. At least it's vented out there. Whew.

Barbara - hope you are on the mend! Did Joe catch it? You may have mentioned and I skipped. ;)

Annie - You. Just. Rock. Thank you for being such a good inspiration! :D

Lisa - wishing you the best with your new meds. It would be nice if they could take back what you haven't used yet. How nice of Egg to bring you breakfast, lol.

Michele - good idea for Vince to get an MRI and see what's going on with his back. Enjoy your visit with Jess. Good luck with the work under the power line.

Pip - you and Kirby are such great dog parents. Love the little one in the stroller. I'm leaning toward allergies too. Have people been using chemical yard spray or do they run in grass anywhere? Also can I send my MS donation to the address I sent it last year? Foxhill Dr. in Fresno? If that's not right, what's the right one?

Sue - sorry to hear about the stomach bug. Hope you and your DD are doing better today.

Tracey - did you hear anything back on that other job? Maybe you've already said. I've been skimming since the planning committee in my head have been busy with chickens and chitting potatoes. That means setting out the seed potatoes so they start to sprout from the eyes. Some of you gardeners knew, did you? :p

Made an early morning trip to Tractor Supply and came home with Alma, Thelma, Gladys and Fairy. 2 Copper Marans and 2 Rainbows. They are all different colors and patterns and I'm not sure which is which other than the two Marans are supposed to lay dark brown eggs. The rainbows - colored eggs, not sure what color. I think it varies. I'll tell you in 6 months.

As they grow I'll see who gets what name. :D All seem healthy and warm enough, no cheeping. Rosie looks at them and then walks away. They are in a large plastic tote right now and I set the lid on top with one end open about an inch for a little ventilation. It really holds in the heat. I have a hardware cloth lid I can put on it when it gets warmer.

They are doing great, huddling under their little brooder. This thing is slick. It's just a warming plate they can squeeze under just like being under mommy and if they get too warm they can get out and eat/drink/poop, lol. Much better than a hanging heat lamp that's a fire hazard. As they grow I can move it up a couple notches so they don't have to stoop, lol.

I tried to get some pix of them. They are camera shy but here's a glimpse:

87r6vc0t7p36.jpg
    3ugivo62va5f.jpg

Lanette B)
    SW WA State where we're supposed to get a snow/rain mix for the next 3 days.

Same address. They all walk on the sidewalks. Funny about Lucy and Chispa, they only walk on the grass when they want to peep or poop.
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,041 Member
    edited March 2023
    Prayers for Destiny <3

Michele I am with you on diet pop.

Beth my legs cramps did improve with Vit D.

One thing I learned about grain free food from Pet Summit support group is if it is kibble they have to add a starch to make it stick together. Dogs don't really need any kind of starch. What they often use is potatoes. Too much potato for a dog effects their ability to absorb taurine which is used in nerve development. Lack of it can also cause heart issues. Vets were starting to see heart issues with dogs as a result of dogs fed grain free. Her diet is mostly all meat and fish now with a few organic veggies and occasional cooked free range egg(raw disagrees with her), goats milk, and bone broth. The only grain I occasionally add to her food is non gmo oatmeal for the maganese. Her health and blood work is better as a result. A bit more time and money (fortunately she is small) but it saves me in heartache and vet bills.

DrewB is a lesson to me that what we put into our body directly affects our immune system and our overall health.

Allie They do the same here for our water. At the end of our property taxes noticed they tacked on a $120 recycle fee and 30 more for trash when we already have to to pay for our trash. So yes tacked on fees are everywhere.
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,798 Member
    March, 2023 Action for happiness.org

Word of the year: Appreciate : today I appreciate meditating.
    Exercise goals added
    Yoga 10 mins 3 times a week 9/15-(100%,100%)
    Walk 7,000 every day 21/31 (84%,86%,)
    Arm weights twice a week 3/10 (100%, 60%hurt my elbow, hurt my shoulder)
    Meditation: daily. 21/31 (82%(started Feb))

1. cut back drinking and limit to 2 days a week. 9/8–(100%,100%)
    2. Average 7,000 steps a week. 9484, 9104, 9417 (7,700,100%-9851,100%)
    3. Update budget every 2 weeks 1/2 —(100%,100%)
    4. Contact close family every week (4x) 14/158/ —(100%,100%)
    5. Contact Donat and sibs once a month (8x)26/64–(100%,100%)
    6. Weigh less last day of month compared to first until I reach 140. Start at 178.6,176,174.2—(100%,100%)
    7. Develop a journaling practice by aiming to journal at least 5 days a week. 15/20-(100%,88%)
    8. Read 12 books at least this year. 10/12 (100%,100%)
    9. Pay off credit card debt by January 2024 by making monthly payments to NDR——3/12—(100%.100%,100%)
    10. Continue building emergency fund at SLFCU (min$25 a month)$25+$25+$71(100%,100%,100)
    Decided that if I do more than stated I will not grade higher than 100% 2/5/23

January Met —100%
    February met —-90%
    March met met
    April met
    May met
    June met
    July met — met
    August met
    September met
    October met —
    November met—
    December met—

1. Set an intention to live with awareness and kindness. I intend to live with more awareness and kindness every day.
    2. Notice three things you find beautiful in the outside world. The blue water of Lea Lake, Snow on the mountains at a distance, walking a nature trail. All at Bottomless Lakes State Park.
    3. Start today by appreciating your body and that you are alive. I am healthy and above ground. I can walk,talk,hear, see, taste, and smell (mostly). I appreciate that I alive and have a healthy body.
    4. Notice how you speak to yourself and choose to use kind words. I will try…
    5. Bring to mind people you care about and send love to them. I sent texts to my long distance friends to send them love.
    6. Have a ‘no plans’ day and notice how that feels. Most days are like that for me. So much less stress!
    7. Take three calm breaths at regular intervals during your day. Sounds like a plan.
    8. Eat mindfully. Appreciate the taste, texture and smell of your food. Started at breakfast.
    9. Take a full breath in and out before you reply to others. I will need to keep this in the front of my mind all day.
    10. Get outside and notice how the weather feels on your face. Every day!
    11. Stay fully present while drinking your cup of tea or coffee. In the process of doing that right now!
    12. Listen deeply to someone and really hear what they are saying. I will have to really try to get this done today.
    13. Pause to watch the sky or clouds for a few minutes today. I love doing this!
    14. Find ways to enjoy any chores or tasks that you do. I made a necessary task to go for a liver scan enjoyable by buying lunch for myself for a change.
    15. Stop. Breathe. Notice. Repeat regularly. I really need to do this today! Didn’t remember to do this.
    16. Get really absorbed with an interesting or creative activity. I have stones to paint. Will be distributing along the trails in exchange for free peddle boat and paddle board rentals. Didn’t do this. Too windy out. I colored instead.
    17. Look around and spot three thing you find unusual or pleasant. Will do. 1. Lady wanting us to cut a lock off of her propane tank. 2. The rock formations around the park. 3. The lake surface when wind blows over it.
    18. If you find yourself rushing, make an effort to slow down. I will consciously try to do this. I completed this!
    19. Appreciate nature around you wherever you are. Easy here. I do it every day! Appreciation list in spoiler
    20. The blues,of the lake
    21. BirdsTweeting in the sky and trees
    22. Birds drinking water out of a plastic cover
    23. Kids laughing
    24. Salty look of the sand
    25. The piles of dirt along dug out canal
    26. The blue sky with wispy clouds
    27. The strong cold wind
    28. The boardwalk
    29. The hides to watch birds
    30. The blue ponds made by the canal
    31. The ducks swimming in the ponds
    32. The quack of the ducks
    33. The snow cap mountains in the distance
    34. The white dry spots of salt and Lyme along the trail
    35. The dead branches and bushes along the budding ones
    36. A spot of green here and there
    37. The red of branches preparing for spring
    38. The bubbling water in the canal
    39. The beginning green of the salt Cedars
    40. The baby fish in the puddling waters of canal overflow
    41. The mud sludge gathering under the bridge
    42. The brown prairie grass bending in the wind
    43. The tall swamp grass bowing down
    44. The bubbling water as it splashed out from under the bridge
    45. The white salty mounds along the dirt trail
    46. Holes dug by animals for burrows
    47. Tumbleweeds trapped in the brush
    48. The coo of a dove welcoming me back from the walk
    49. 20.Focus on what makes you and others happy today. Going to try!
    50. 21. Listen to a piece of music without doing anything else. I listened to music while walking, but not just sitting still.
    51. 22. Notice something that is going well, even if today feels difficult. Doing the wash and calling my mother.
    52. 23. Tune into your feelings, without judging or trying to change them. I try all the time since I’ve been meditating. Working well since I started in January.
    53. 24. Appreciate your hands and all the things they enable you to do. They do too many to list!
    54. 25. Focus your attention on the good things you take for granted.
    55. 26. Choose to spend less times looking at screens today.
    56. 27. Cultivate a feeling of loving-kindness towards others today.
    57. 28. Notice when you are tired and take a break as soon as possible.
    58. 29. Choose a different route today and see what you notice.
    59. 30. Mentally scan your body and notice what you are feeling.
    60. 31. Discover the joy in the simple things of life.
    Barbie's Happiness Commandments

Be Barbie
    Lighten up
    Do it now
    Dance more
    Choose strategy over willpower
    Cultivate an attitude of gratitude
    Come from a place of love
    Stay in the moment
    Act the way you want to feel
    Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good
    Don't expect praise or recognition
    It is what it is
    Don't take things personally
    Treat yourself like a toddler
    What's fun for other people may not be fun for you, and vice versa
    You can choose what you do, but you can't choose what you like
    Be kind, no exceptions
    Ask always, how could my life be better with less?

RVRita
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,798 Member
    What does Destiny want? Poor thing. I hope they are taking her wishes into consideration.

RVRita
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,189 Member
    These things just arrived. DH and Edie will be able to do some projects with them. I've texted Edie the photo. Might need to buy some stuffing. :p
    748klcxscsb7.jpg

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,101 Member
    Annie Congratulations on your loss! What you’re doing is working!

💕Mary from Arizona/Minnesota

• cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,189 Member
    Just bought two cheap pillows. One I can use in the spare room as an underpillow, as there are only 3 in there and the other we can use for stuffing crafts. :p Saw the idea online because toy stuffing is expensive.

Looks like we might be having the girls (separately) during the Easter holidays. I've got lunch with Max booked when DH is at cricket. :p Edie is very excited.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,429 Member
    Mixed up cups of cinnamon, turmeric, and powdered ginger so all I have to do is mix 3 tsps of the mixture to milk to make Golden Milk. Its a nice afternoon treat and warms my innards.
    Bought a small container of honey baklava yesterday, instead of chocolate chips for making cookies. So instead of a dozen or more chocolate chip/oatmeal cookies about, I have a small container of heaven. When I want a sweet somethinsomethin. I said a small prayer to honey bees that were instrumental in making this baklava.😁🤗🐝💖
    today is a small pizza. I am going to saute mushrooms, onion, and some kielbasa sausage, then put thin slices of tomato on it. Yum. Oh and black olives.😁
    Hugs to each of you ladies.💖.
    Realize you are so much stronger than you think you are!
    I hope this weekend brings those that are hurting, some healing calm.💖
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa