WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MARCH 2023

Replies

• dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,932 Member
    I will see what I can find out.but again they have no mental health coverage in house treatment or otherwise.Carmine should have been in counseling a long time ago,yes he goes every other week at 100.00 a pop that Tracy pays for out of pocket..
    He hates the school he is at,but its a technical high school,but we all went to Portland high school and it got us nowhere.And Tracy wont let him go back there.
    He just doesn't know what he wants..
    His pediatrician prescribed the celexa.

my son HATED school in middle school and high school. I really didn't know if we would all make it through those years intact. Lots of anger management problems which he took out on me.
    He would refuse to get up to get to school on time. Found out he hated his second class so much that his solution was to not get up until that class was over.
    I talked with his teachers and found so many that told me they spent more time trying to control their classes than actually teaching. Jona has always been very quiet, not asking for help when he needed it. Even back in second grade he told me he would rather fail than ask for help. Those two issues do NOT work well together. His teachers just said, we didn't know he needed help, he didnt come to us and ASK.
    We ended up pulling him from the school and did independent studies. He did his work at home online and went to meet with his teacher once a week. Yes, we did have a few problems with him going that day in the beginning but the teacher really got to know him and found things Jona was really interested in. He was taking classes that would usually be at the junior college(NEVER at his regular high school) and he went from being three or four semesters behind to graduating less than one semester behind. He really loved the classes he took.
    I know this is not the best solution for all kids but I am so glad we found it for ours.
    Yes, he does have a little anger management issues but only rarely and they are never towards me. They also aren't as severe or as long.
    I took the brunt of most of it and didn't let dh know about them because he also has the same anger problems. He either wasn't involved at all or he came in, over the top where I had to break them up.

Debbie
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,028 Member
    Heather hope you feel better. Glad you got home okay; it's scary to get sick while out and about.

Annie in Delaware
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,932 Member
    fanncy0626 wrote: »
    Debbie we’ve been praying for Destiny since you posted about her. I have put her on a couple prayer chains as well. 💕🙏💕we’re hoping for a miracle 💕🙏💕

💕Mary from Arizona/Minnesota

Thank you!
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,101 Member
    Heather I hope you feel better! Chicken soup is the best remedy! You have a fantastic husband!

💕 Mary from Arizona/Minnesota
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,811 Member
    Prayers for Destiny.

Happy belated birthdays to Barbie and Viv.

Terri - well wishes for your hospital stay.

Going to see if I can get some mowing done in the gazebo area. Can't believe how thick the grass is getting already. Would also like to burn what is in the firepit, leaves and dead branches. Was told that baking soda in water sprayed on moss will kill it so may try that out on the back patio.

Everyone take care, Sue in WA
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,101 Member
    Viv I’m sorry to have missed your Birthday! I hope you had a fantastic time!
    🎉🥳🎂Happy Birthday 🎂🥳🎉

💕 Mary from Arizona/Minnesota
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,747 Member
    Belated Birthday Wishes to our end of March Birthday gals!

Debbie ... continuing to pray for Destiny.

Terri ... will be praying for you as you enter the hospital.

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,505 Member
    Stats for the day-

Walk w/family- *kirby is still pushing lucy*, 2hrs 2min 20sec, 76elev, 2.93ap, 83ahr, 102mhr, 6.02mi= 603c
    Strava app= 738c
    Zwift home spin bike- strava stats- 1hr 12min 28sec, gear35 & 40, 797elev, 121aw, 16.6amph, 113ahr, 132mhr, 20.05mi= 475c
    Zwift stats- 1hr 12min 33sec, 800elev, 121aw, 50arpm, 16.62amph, 20.1mi= 506c

Total cal 1078
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,677 Member
    Prayers sent for Destiny !!!
    I picked up Doris and took her to the chinese buffet i didn't go crazy one small plate and fruit afterwards
    But my back,legs and hips are screaming..they hurt slot.
    I just took some tylenol and I didn't sleep great last night going to Trudys for dinner,but just bringing something to drink,and to socialize
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,355 Member
    <3
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,505 Member
    edited March 2023
    Happy Wednesday Ladies!

Prayers for Destiny - that the surgery is successful and she can get complete healing after this chemo and have a long and happy life.

Rita - glad your DH was Ok with selling his guns, great idea offloading things you aren't using anymore. Hope you get your asking price. Always good to have some spare cash!

Barbie and Viv - Happy Birthday! I haven't celebrated mine (except to close family) for years. I'm eternally 50, lol.

Barbara - glad you are enjoying the Breath book. I still don't nose breathe as much as I should but I'm more aware of it. What struck me was how the shape of our mouths develop when we mouth breathe instead of nose breathe as infants and youngsters.

Heather - hope you feel better soon! I'm impressed by your strength and great physical shape. :)

Annie
    - way to go with the ankle weights. :p

Karen - so glad you have many opportunities for exercise at your new place. Wow. Who ever designed it did a lot of planning to keep the residents in good shape.

I plugged the TV in this morning, selected YouTube and did some Tai Chi and Qi Gong. I'd forgotten how much I liked the instructor - Don Fiore - and how it helped with my balance and flexibility. I'd been sort of doing it in the mornings but watching an instructor was beneficial actually following someone, reminders about breathing, etc. Karen, I watched a bit more of the "Upright Health" channel too. I've only had the TV on maybe half a dozen times since DH passed last May.

So it appears the squirrel problem in the shop attic might actually a bird problem. I think a sparrow has chosen to make a nest there, having found a vent hole that didn't have a good cover. I've set out 4 traps (3 live, 1 snap trap) and the only thing I've caught is one fat mouse in a small live trap. I'll give it a couple more days. My young friend Trev volunteered to go up in the shop attic next time he's here and check it out better and tack in some screen.

The roofing contractor just left. I'll be getting moss removal on the house, shop and small shed roofs and prevention treatment. He estimated my current roof will last another 4 or 5 years. Next step will be getting new gutters. The current ones leak and look shoddy, they are nearly 30 years old. This will be another step in getting the place back in shape. Grateful I still have tax refund $$ to work from.

The "kid" (I'm guessing early to mid 30's) who gave the quote was fun to talk to. He's into Dungeons and Dragons and a very personable young man. It was great leaning on his truck and having him tell me about the high points of his life, his hobbies, vacation plans, etc. I guess I'm easy to talk to, lol. My day is much better for having met him. <3

After a morning of rainy overcast, the sun is out and things seem to be drying off rapidly. I hope to get another crack at using my push mower. Cardio, here we come, lol.

Have a great evening!

Lanette B)
    SW WA State

Hello, I believe this is you that I received a mailed check donation??? If it was, I got it today, thanks sooooo much!!!!!!! I’m now up to $315!!!!!
    By the way, I LOVE LOVE LOVE your handwriting, mind sucks BIG time
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,034 Member

Intentions for March:
    🔹Maintain weight < 140 (I have managed to stay at the lower end off the 140s)
    🔹Continue with Solid Habit development

Intentions for today:
    📍Solid habits✔️
    📍general chores✔️
    📍Grocery shopping ✔️
    📍prep for art display tomorrow ✔️
    📍Prep for hospital ✔️

Virtual (((hugs))) and 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻 for all those those who need them.

🙋‍♀️ Miele failte to the newbies.

☘️ Terri

March Action for Happiness:
    1. Set an intention to live with awareness and kindness. I intend to live with awareness and kindness
    2. Notice three things you find beautiful in the outside world.Trees silhouetted against the sky; the appearance of snowdrops in spring; the sound of waves breaking on the shore.
    3. Start today by appreciating your body and that you are alive. I meditate on this each morning when I wake up, and am grateful for each new opportunity to have a good day.
    4. Notice how you speak to yourself and choose to use kind words. Positive affirmations are very powerful. Be kind to yourself, always.
    5. Bring to mind people you care about and send love to them. We chatted with our girls about other family members, and raised a glass to them.
    6. Have a ‘no plans’ day and notice how that feels. I will do this tomorrow (7th)
    7. Take three calm breaths at regular intervals during your day.Resisting the temptation to plan my day. Serendipity reigns today.
    8. Eat mindfully. Appreciate the taste, texture and email of your food. ✔️
    9. Take a full breath in and out before you reply to others. I’m a great advocate of deep breathing, and find this works well.
    10. Get outside and notice how the weather feels on your face.I wasn’t looking forward to going outside this morning as we had snow overnight and it seemed very cold. However, the sun shone in a clear blue sky, and the wind had dropped right down again, and I spent time with my eyes closed feeling the heat on my face before I went into the centre for Latin Study.
    11. Stay fully present while drinking your cup of tea or coffee. Always! Gives me calm thinking time.
    12. Listen deeply to someone and really hear what they are saying. When I tried to do this with DH this morning, he got distracted by a discussion on What the Papers Say on TV. 😝 However, we often have in-depth discussions, usually over lunc and dinner.
    13. Pause to watch the sky or clouds for a few minutes today. The sun was valiantly trying to break through rain clouds just after sunrise, but the forecast is for heavy showers, but I’m watching the blue patches in hope that it clears up.
    14. Find ways to enjoy any chores or tasks that you do.Doing the task isn’t the problem 😝 It’s getting started that’s difficult. I sometimes put on my favourite music, or listen to a podcast.
    15. Stop. Breathe. Notice. Repeat regularly. Having coffee after putting away the week’s groceries. There is pink blossom on my prunus purpurea, magnolia buds are beginning to colour up, tulips and daffodils in the containers outside the window are beginning to bloom. There are lots of little birds flitting about in the trees. Spring is doing its best to banish the winter cold. This is a regular joy in my life.
    16. Get really absorbed with an interesting or creative activity. I am preparing some paintings for a display of my Monday Painters work
    17. Look around and spot three thing you find unusual or pleasant.Today it is more like autumn tha spring. There is a thick sea mist. My usual view of countryside is reduced to about 500 yards. Everything looks damp and grey.
    18. If you find yourself rushing, make an effort to slow down. Took things slow and easy today. Planning to do the same tomorrow as it’s Mother’s Day in UK.
    19. Appreciate nature around you wherever you are. My writing desk has a lovely view of the countryside beyond houses. And there are lots of bird life flying about amongst the trees in the neighbouring gardens..
    20. Focus on what makes you and others happy today. My writing, and my art always makes me happy, and sharing it with like-minded people makes them happy. That means that today was filled with focusing on what makes myself and others happy.
    21. Listen to a piece of music without doing anything else. ’Love Affair’ - Rainbow Valley. (NOW! That’s 60’s)Hubby came home and disturbed me 😝
    22. Notice something that is going well, even if today feels difficult. My prep for the art display next week is going well. Most members have already given pieces for display.
    23. Tune into your feelings, without judging or trying to change them. I am fully in the moment, relaxing, and contemplating what I will have for breakfast, and how I will spend my day. DH has gone out for the day so I am free as a bird so to speak. (My natural bent is positivity. I choose to be happy in the moment. I acknowledge all my feelings, but on the rare occasions when I feel down, I choose to count my blessings, put in some music and dance.)
    24. Appreciate your hands and all the things they enable you to do. I am grateful for all the pleasure I get from working with my hands at my art and crafts.
    25 Focus your attention on the good things you take for granted. Positive thoughts are so uplifting
    26. Choose to spend less times looking at screens today. Not easy, but I will refrain from being distracted, and succumbing to any unnecessary scrolling. Machka: Not much hope of getting into the garden here as it looks like the rain has settled in for the day.
    27. Cultivate a feeling of loving-kindness towards others today. I am planning to distribute as many smiles as I can today.
    28. Notice when you are tired and take a break as soon as possible. I have rests regularly. But I also get up and walk around often. When I’m tired I fall asleep easily.
    29. Choose a different route today and see what you notice. Not going out today.
    30. Mentally scan your body and notice what you are feeling.
    31. Discover the joy in the simple things of life.
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,028 Member
    edited March 2023
    Good evening ladies!

My dad had a severe leg muscle cramp this morning. I was able to get him to the family practice doctor this afternoon and she thinks it was his compression stockings getting twisted while he was napping. So no real problems in the end.

We got halfway to the doctor before I realized I was wearing my slippers. Oh well. I missed best-dressed by a mile a long time ago.

I ate a lot today and I have not yet begun to exercise. I've done this before, where I lose a couple pounds and think "that's good enough." So my effort slacks off. But not this time! I owe it to my future self to keep going!

I'm a little afraid of the sciatica. At least I called the doctor and made an appointment for it. April 12. So I've got a ways to go to figure this out.

Have a great day everyone!

Annie in Delaware
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,034 Member
    Prayers for Destiny - that the surgery is successful and she can get complete healing after this chemo and have a long and happy life.

Heather: I hope you have recovered from your outing. (((Hugs)))
  • sh0tzz99
    sh0tzz99 Posts: 945 Member
    Destiny is a strong person. I'm not sure I could make the decisions she has made.

Machka-Sorry you had a terrible, no good, very bad day. Hope the next one is much better.

Annie-You've been doing so well! Don't give up!

It's raining again. I don't mind much, as long as it stops before I need to drive in it.

Tina in CA