Come to Jesus Talk

124»

Replies

• PrettyAlaskan
    PrettyAlaskan Posts: 130 Member
    3/17/2023 - 235 - I’m weighing myself and checking in so that I can be accountable.

@PrettyAlaskan way to go.. the first step I believe is taking control and changing something one is not happy with.

Sugar is killing me and I’m forfeiting my destiny by giving in to the seduction of it. …..(snip) ….face looking puffy and aged, and lack of male attention, which makes me feel lonely and sad.

I feel this, I wasted too many years fat. I kept going and wasn’t a hermit.. but I never let people take my photo, I had to buy clothes that hid bumps and blahs. Losing the weight was one of the best gifts I could have given myself. Unfortunately it was an endless cycle of not having mental or physical energy until I decided the extra work was worth it. For me - I had to embrace the challenge.

You mentioned face .. I immediately thought of a mantra I like for maintaining skin’s vitality is to remember the S’s.

(My dermatologist always highlights that nutritional choices go a long way in preserving skins youthfulness..)

Sunscreen is sexy
    Sugar in excess is not
    Sobriety saves
    Smoking sucks
    Snacks should nourish
    Self Care 7 days a week

I’m working on self care here. 😉
    My destiny is to be a professional photographer and graphic designer for TCC. I will look the part. People will not only notice me, but they will respect me and follow my vision. In the name of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit, Amen!
    I begin again.

I am surrounded everyday by artists, Photographers included… being in Alaska you definitely have the beauty of the landscapes! Carpe Diem!

PS- What is TCC?

Ah TCC is where I work :smile: Thanks for the S's! I will totally use them. I've been seriously struggling. At this point I've been fasting all day till lunch then finding a small keto meal and then dinner the same. I think my main problem is being physically and mentally exhausted all the time. I go to work full time and then go home to kids and husband. I love them, but sometimes wish I could take a break :lol:
  • PrettyAlaskan
    LifeChangz wrote: »
    @PrettyAlaskan ~ followup comment on all the books - all of them have 'eating ideas/suggestions' ~ i snagged some, set aside some for later, thought no way ever for some of them, lol - what I found most helpful were the kernels of truth/understanding for my own squirrely behaviors/circumstances - for example the book Food Junkies - i waded through all the various kinds/explained and related to 1 - which i had not previously seen before...

and also 'recovery recommendations' same kind of thing - many resources push 12step programs which don't ring my bell - the book had 1 paragraph, i think, on something called 'rational recovery' and I thought - yes, that could be my cup of tea... I lean towards 'cbt' type life/coping skills and look forward - towards positive change... don't find beating ourselves up as helpful at all... we can and people do find a way through - but it is an active choice to address these things and to take steps to get better.

and, for me, that has meant pondering how I respond to sugar, carbs, processed foods - any? all? or some threshold? For me, there seems to be a 'threshold' - if I eat too many, appetite roars. If I reduce, I get physical withdrawal symptoms and fortunately, appetite resets/reduces. physically. so for me, the impact on my body from EXCESS sugar/carbs-combo with salts & fats (aka hyper-palatable foods as defined by Kessler in the 'end of overeating') is a real appetite trigger - that points the way forward.

Thanks for bringing up cognitive behavioral therapy, I had been wanting to study up on that, and will try to circle around back to that. Fasting seems to be helping me some, my appetite just goes away when I do that and there's no stress of trying to figure out what to eat.
  • PrettyAlaskan
    nanerkay wrote: »
    I usually crochet or work on a project of some kind.when I feel like binge eating. Especially when it's too cold or wet to go outside and walk. I also play praise and worship song and dance and praise God. Day 3 no sweets or dessert. It was tempting at church to eat cake but I stay strong.

That's really good! I'm cheering you on :smile: I like your simple approach, maybe I'm just overthinking everything as usual :lol:
  • nanerkay
    nanerkay Posts: 725 Member
    edited March 2023
    My nephew has came back home to stay over the weekend something things kinda got off track. But today trying to get back in a healthier way of thinking.