Just Give Me 10 Days - Round 224

Replies

• SModa61
    SModa61 Posts: 2,828 Member
    huango wrote: »
    SModa61 wrote: »
    My right cheek is all puffy from my tooth infection. ☹

@huango Dentist involved yet??? IMO you want an antibiotic.

Thanks.

I'm sure I need antibiotics.

I think it's the same tooth I had a root canal 4weeks ago; had a rash reaction to the amoxicillin.
    I actually have a check-up appt on Wednesday; I will call them tomorrow (they were closed all long weekend/Monday).

[/quote]

@huango I hope it gets under control. 2021, I had an infected tooth (no pain, just lump on side of gum), and lost the tooth. Have an implant now. :( It's made me a little paranoid. Will be thinking of you.
  • Machias1949
    Machias1949 Posts: 249 Member
    @cory17 Statins can deplete the mitochondria in some people. In my case, it did not first affect my muscles (which is what is normal in those cases) but it affected my nerves-which is why most doctors poo-pooed my complaints. I finally went to a research doctor who agreed the damage was from the Statins. My cholesterol is off the charts, so I figured the damage was already done to my nerves, so I would try again.
    The COQ10 supplements stop or lower the effects of Statins on your mitochondria (as I mentioned before, in Canada, they require all Statins to be produced with COQ10; due to the price US Pharma has fought that. Most doctors will advise their patients to take the supplements (100 mg for every 5mg of Statin med).
    This time it began to affect the muscles in my upper thigh, and I noticed my leg felt weak. The doctor stopped the Statin for 2 weeks to try a new method:
    I restated the Statins two days ago-I now take 5mg of Statin EVERY OTHER DAY and 200mg of COQ10 EVERY DAY. Fingers crossed!
    FYI: I am not anti-meds or anti-vaccine and not even anti-Statins. In fact, I would love to be able to stay on Statins. Hope that helps.
  • quiltingjaine
    quiltingjaine Posts: 5,741 Member
    @deepwoodslady Thank you, Donna. It’s good to be home but I wish I had left this cold on the ship!

And again, thank you @musicsax for starting the round when I was unable! 😘
  • Viridian1539
    Viridian1539 Posts: 128 Member
    First time trying this so I hope I do it right! My name is Bekkah, just getting started with MFP after not using it for a few years. My scale only does whole numbers so I won't have as detailed numbers.

Long-term Goal weight: 150lbs

SW RND 224 - 195

5/22 - 195
    , did PT in morning, 1 hour of Taekwondo in evening. Ate under calorie goal
    5/23 - 194, only some light exercise, need to boost that more. Slightly over calorie goals, but remembered vitamins! Hit 130/100oz on my water goal too! Overall, I'd give the day a 7/10
    5/24 - 193/4 (scale was difficult to read this morning, prob. closer to 194 since I drank a LOT of water) Doing TKD again tonight and hope to go on an evening walk. If I hit water goal, giving the day an 8/10
    5/25 - 193, PT in the morning, 1 hour of TKD in the evening. Calories are going to be over today because I ate a very good but very high calorie chili for lunch :sweat_smile: is what it is. Wouldn’t be surprised to see a little push back on the scale tomorrow as a result. It’s pretty hot today so drinking extra water!!
    5/26 - 193, Didn’t have the energy for a morning walk like I was hoping. That routine will have to begin over the weekend. WFH today so will be mindful of taking breaks to stretch/move. Lengthy walk planned for after dinner!
    5/27 - No access to scale
    5/28 - No access to scale
    5/29 - 199
    Quite the spike; I don’t think I’ve been eating *that* badly. Took my weight at the end of the day and after drinking a ton of water to catch up after a day walking around the city without access to a refill station - hoping I can blame that!
    5/30 - 194 Phew. I did go up a bit, which doesn’t shock me as I haven’t really been careful about my eating, but 194 is a much less scary number. Morning walk to Safeway and planning to hit the gym after work, so let’s see if I can get that number down again for tomorrow’s weigh-in!
    5/31