I'm thinking of having an affair ;-)

2»

Replies

• iplayoutside19
    iplayoutside19 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Here's what we'll do. We'll give her the number of the "attorney" who needs my bank account/ss number so I can claim my inheretence from a long lost relative.

They should be able to work something out.
  • shell1205
    shell1205 Posts: 138
    Or maybe get her in touch with the Spanish lottery official who keeps telling me I've won and he needs my account number to wire me the money... (keep in mind, I work for a bank, which I think makes it even funnier!!)
  • tubbytabbytales
    tubbytabbytales Posts: 5,883
    haha ive had that one aswell and also a one of a lady saying the same about her late husbans fortune who in there right mind falls for them?

You'd be surprised by how many people actually do fall for those scams. I worked in banking for a long time and people would actually bring in the emails and ask for loans to send these people money. We did our best to talk them out of it, but some could not be convinced it was a scam.

That is insane!!
  • It's sad that so many people actually fall for these things. I mean, I'm not doing the best financially right now & I understand that if you're desperate, you might jump on anything that looks like a way out, but in this day & age, how do people still fall for such obvious scams? Maybe more schools need to add critical thinking to their list of mandatory classes.
  • mstarrett01
    mstarrett01 Posts: 74 Member
    Maybe she can tell the Russian oil oligarch who is in deep financial and legal trouble and needs me to launder some money for him, oops, I mean, channel it to offshore accounts, to stop emailing me. Or maybe we can hook them up? They sound like a match made in heaven!

PS: Oops. I was supposed to keep that "top secret" between the oil guy and myself! HAHAH!

Or maybe she can help out the Nigeria people who's son is in jail? :laugh: :laugh:

Or the Nigerian people trying to make a deposit on my behave to the Bank of Nigeria. She can send them "HER" bank account information so they can deposit the funds in her name instead of mine ;)
  • mekhala
    mekhala Posts: 123 Member
    i havent had the pleasure of any of these scams... i keep my email adress from dodgy sites... :bigsmile: however i have been getting some strange phonecalls from a garage in slouggh asking me to take my fiat in... i dont have a fiat, and my name isnt carol... :ohwell:
  • DMK710
    DMK710 Posts: 106 Member
    The real issue here is.....Why are you thinking of having an affair? That stinks...
  • valeriebpdx
    valeriebpdx Posts: 497 Member
    The real issue here is.....Why are you thinking of having an affair? That stinks...

Um, really? I just think he has a good senses of humor.

Dan, I am with you on giving props for the "a lot" thing. Many native English speakers should take a note about that one.
  • weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    There is only one thing left for you to do............."Book her Dan-ohh" :noway: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
This discussion has been closed.