50 Shades of Grey

Replies

• PepperWorm
    PepperWorm Posts: 1,206
    It's bad enough someone wrote that abomination, but now they're going to violate the brains of the masses by making a movie? Entertainment has gone WAY downhill.

THIS.

So much this.

Don't even have to read the thread to this.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    I'm a guy and I was Christian before she wrote the books.
    Not something to brag about.
    :drinker:
    Agreed....the 'sexiness' aside, Christian was a giant d-bag control freak, who would have been kicked to the curb by any self-respecting woman after his first childish jealous rage!

There is nothing sexy about being abusive.
    Absolutely agreed....what I meant was the "OMG, he's so good looking" and "his pants hung LIKE THAT" references in the book...as if looks can compensate for being a total immature d-bag.
    Not just looks. He's also rich. So, you know, stalking and control issues are perfectly OK.

And, you know, accusing your WIFE of trying to trap you when she winds up pregnant the storming off to get drunk with your ex dom who hates your wife and wants you back.

What a hero.

*swoon*
  • joywo
    joywo Posts: 39 Member
    Charlie Hunnan cleans up beautifully and he has the stare down! Not sure about the girl tho.
  • PepperWorm
    PepperWorm Posts: 1,206
    Make your own movie or get online and search free amateur BDSM. Much more fun and cheaper.

ROFL, ok. Thread winner.
  • sandy_gee
    sandy_gee Posts: 372 Member
    Didn't even recognize either of the names. Googled and still not impressed.
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Not just looks. He's also rich. So, you know, stalking and control issues are perfectly OK.

And, you know, accusing your WIFE of trying to trap you when she winds up pregnant the storming off to get drunk with your ex dom who hates your wife and wants you back.

What a hero.

*swoon*
    Oh jeez! I didn't read the second or third books, but it annoyed me in the first one how she kept claiming not to care about his money. As if she would have kept going back if he was some guy who made like $50K a year?
  • karibj2010
    karibj2010 Posts: 264 Member
    Wasn't very happy when the announcement was made...I'm going to do some watching of Sons of Anarchy to see what I think of him. I just don't see those two when I picture Christian and Ana in my mind when I was reading the books...but I will still go see the movie August 2014...maybe I will be pleasantly surprised.
  • I read the first book and lost interest instantly took me three weeks to finish it but curiosity kept me going back hoping it would get better...who cares lol..but Charlie Hunnam is one hot hot hot man!!!
  • rml_16

What a hero.

*swoon*
    Oh jeez! I didn't read the second or third books, but it annoyed me in the first one how she kept claiming not to care about his money. As if she would have kept going back if he was some guy who made like $50K a year?
    They were just SO IN LOVE!!!! And no one understands because no one else knows what it's like to BE IN LOVE!!!!

Money mattered not at all. Not one little bit. It's ROMANCE!!!

Now would you quit looking at Christian. I know you want him but he's MINE. MY HUSBAND, not yours. Keep your hands to yourself.

And just because you're a nurse taking care of my comatose stepfather doesn't mean I can't tell you want him, too. *glare, glare, glare*
  • I hope these actors are practicing up on their 'blushing, flushing and gasping", because that's pretty much half the text of the book :laugh:

Not to mention murmuring. Seriously that's about the way they said everything in the book.

I liked the general story but the book was very poorly written.
  • Dovekat
    Dovekat Posts: 263 Member
    I think the trouble with making any book to film adaptation is that all of the fans have very specific images in their heads. Everyone will have their own picture of the "perfect" [insert character name]. Sometimes Hollywood hits the mark well and it's generally close enough to please the masses most times they don't. On the other hand if an actor is skilled they can surprise you, maybe these choices will surprise fans by being able to carry the roles despite not meeting visual expectations.

I've tried to read the books and failed, much like I did with the twilight series they are poorly written in my opinion though I know women who rave about them and in fact recommended them to me energetically, both series now I come to think of it... hmm. It will be interesting however to see how they make a movie out of this because as others have stated it's essentially an x rated bdsm novel.
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Who knew BDSM could be so boring...

tumblr_inline_mp0xzc9scT1qz4rgp.gif

I will admit Charlie is smoking. But I cannot bring myself to read the damn books since all my vanilla friends have and now think they kinksters. :noway:
  • Bubbakristie
    Bubbakristie Posts: 4 Member
    that is hysterical....this clip and abt your friends.
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    I hope these actors are practicing up on their 'blushing, flushing and gasping", because that's pretty much half the text of the book :laugh:

Not to mention murmuring. Seriously that's about the way they said everything in the book.

I liked the general story but the book was very poorly written.
    OMG..yes, how could I forget all the murmurring? She did a lot of biting her lip and blinking up at him too....I'm sure that will take some serious acting chops :huh:
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member

What a hero.

*swoon*

Ugh more cliche` of course he had to be rich and of course she doesnt care. Just like the damn Twilight series Belle claimed to not love money, but she didnt end up with the poor Indian wolf boy living on the reservation.
  • Naina_Bug
    Naina_Bug Posts: 74 Member
    I glad that they didn't choose any big name actors. Good choice that they chose newbies.
  • rml_16
    I glad that they didn't choose any big name actors. Good choice that they chose newbies.
    LMAO

They didn't choose them. Those were the only actors willing to tie their names to this junk. No one established would touch it.
  • LauraMacNCheese
    LauraMacNCheese Posts: 7,173 Member
    LMAO

They didn't choose them. Those were the only actors willing to tie their names to this junk. No one established would touch it.

QFT!
  • danger2oneself2
    danger2oneself2 Posts: 340 Member
    I'm prob the only dude here thats read this book :noway:
  • LauraMacNCheese
    LauraMacNCheese Posts: 7,173 Member
    I'm prob the only dude here thats read this book :noway:

Quick...go fix something while watching football & chugging a beer...perhaps that will allow you to retain your man card :wink: