πŸŽ‰β„οΈ January Daily Logging and Weigh-in Challenge❄️πŸ₯³

Replies

• deepwoodslady
    deepwoodslady Posts: 11,823 Member
    Well, this sucks. After three full weeks of exercising everyday plus getting my steps in everyday plus watching every bite that goes in my mouth - I have lost eight ounces.
    Why do I even bother.

@WhiskeyDeltaKilo Don't throw in the towel and declare yourself the loser when your body is fighting you. You are a 'Winner! You cannot be Defeated! Stand in your Work and your Truth. You Got
    This
    , my friend!
  • jimmydr5
    jimmydr5 Posts: 254 Member
    Hello, I’m Jimmy.
    I’m 40, 5’10”

My goals for January :
    βš–οΈWeigh- in daily
    βœ…Workout 5-6 times /week
    βœ…IF
    βœ…Tracking
    βœ…Deficit diet

Jan 1: 86.1 kg βœ…βœ…βœ…βœ… 5 km run
    Jan 2: 85.8 kg βœ…βœ…βœ…βœ… 5 km run
    Jan 3: 84.9 kg βœ…βœ…βœ…βœ… 15 km run
    Jan 4: 84.4 kg βœ…βœ…βœ…βœ… 8 km walk
    Jan 5: 85.5 kg βœ…βœ…βœ…βœ… 10 km run
    Jan 6: 85.2 kgβœ…βœ…βœ…βœ…2.5 km run.2.5 km walk.
    Jan 7: 85.2 kg βœ…βœ…βœ…βœ…21.39 km run
    Half marathon completed πŸ₯°
    Jan 8: 86 kg βœ…βœ…βœ…βœ… 4 km run
    Jan 9: 85.4 kg βœ…βœ…βœ…βœ… 5.62+0.73 km walk
    Jan 10: 86.2 kg βœ…βœ…βœ…βœ…6 km walk
    Jan 11: 85.1 kg βœ…βœ…βœ…βœ…5 km run
    Jan 12: 85.2 kg βœ…βœ…βœ…βœ… 6.78 km walk
    Jan 13: 84.9 kg βœ…βœ…βœ…βœ…5 km run
    Jan 14: 85.8 kg βœ…βœ…βœ…βœ… 5 km walk
    Jan 15: 85.7 kg βŽβœ…βœ…βŽ No workout
    Jan 16: 86.1 kg βœ…βœ…βœ…βœ…5 km run
    Jan 17: 84.8 kg βœ…βœ…βœ…βœ…5km run. 5 km walkπŸ₯°πŸ₯°
    Jan 18: 84.2 kg βœ…βœ…βœ…βœ…1.75 km walk
    Jan 19: 85 kg βœ…βœ…βœ…βœ…5 km walk
    Jan 20: 84.9 kg βœ…βœ…βœ…βŽ5 km run
    Jan 21: 85.1 kg βœ…βœ…βœ…βœ…5 km run
    Jan 22: 85.6 kg βŽβœ…βœ…βŽ no workout
  • WhiskeyDeltaKilo
    WhiskeyDeltaKilo Posts: 58 Member
    Good morning, @iLive2Walk
    I don't know what to believe about weight loss. I see all kinds of comments for CI/CO and IF and Keto and all the rest and every one has fans and every one has detractors. I read the medical sites (WebMD and Mayo Clinic and my health insurance) and they all say the same thing "move more, eat less". Which isn't good advice but at least is simple bad advice.
    The weight loss industry rakes in $72 BILLION every year because nothing works.
  • andreajlnhe
    andreajlnhe Posts: 249 Member
    Good morning, @iLive2Walk
    I don't know what to believe about weight loss. I see all kinds of comments for CI/CO and IF and Keto and all the rest and every one has fans and every one has detractors. I read the medical sites (WebMD and Mayo Clinic and my health insurance) and they all say the same thing "move more, eat less". Which isn't good advice but at least is simple bad advice.
    The weight loss industry rakes in $72 BILLION every year because nothing works.

@WhiskeyDeltaKilo The weight loss industry makes billions because people want a solution... a quick or easy fix. Truly, weight loss is really just math. Calories in calories out. Any weight loss trend that works (IF, Keto, etc) only works because the person was able to achieve a calorie deficit using that plan (whether or not they were aware of it). Exercise can help, but might not if the person eats those calories right back. Also... you have been exercising every day for several weeks. Some of your weight could be from muscles repairing. Any change or increase in exercise routine can cause some gain, not from fat gain, but from additional water retained to heal the muscles. So you can't necessarily always go by the number on the scale. If you are eating at a calorie deficit, it will go down! You just have to keep doing what you are doing and be patient. Don't give up. Hang in there!! If you have not done so yet, I recommend looking at some of the success stories here on MFP. They can be informational and encouraging.