Help me love grilled chicken !!

13»

Replies

• Yeller_Sensation
    Yeller_Sensation Posts: 373 Member
    Wrap it in bacon.
  • SbetaK
    SbetaK Posts: 380 Member
    Instead of finding things to enhance grilled chicken, why not change your thinking to what things can you ADD CHICHEN TO? The idea is eating lean protein, add chicken strips to salads, light soups, tacos, sandwiches, pasta and stews, etc. Let the main dish be enhanced by the addition of the chicken.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    I really want to like grilled chicken but find it so boring and bland. Anything that I can do to help make it better?

Marinades.

Seasonings.
  • maryjaquiss
    maryjaquiss Posts: 307 Member
    Use a rolling pin to flatten the hell out of it (pretend you hate someone)

Marinate in chipotle paste

Grill

Because it's thinner and you've tenderised it by beating it up and marinading, it won't be as dry. It will also be delicious. Especially with corn on the cob (sprinkled with smoked paprika and done in the oven) and cajun spicy rice.
  • DenyseMarieL
    DenyseMarieL Posts: 673 Member
    Slow cooker magic:

chicken breasts and salsa

chicken breasts and chopped mango, onion and cilantro

chicken breasts and a bag of frozen stir fry mix, and sweet and sour sauce

I could go on. But I won't. Really, the possibilities are endless.
  • KimINfortheWin
    KimINfortheWin Posts: 251 Member
    There is some awesome Cajun seasoning called "Smack Your Mama" that is outstanding on everything, but especially grilled chicken. I also use it on fish, eggs, steak, all veggies, etc etc etc.

http://www.amazon.com/Walker-Slap-Ya-Mama-Seasoning/dp/B007TSL7J4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1378327622&sr=8-1&keywords=smack+your+mama+seasoning
  • pawnstarNate
    pawnstarNate Posts: 1,728 Member
    anything bland, always ALWAYS wrap in bacon. That is all
  • bellesouth18
    bellesouth18 Posts: 1,069 Member
    As mentioned before, don't overcook it. A boneless, skinless breast takes less than 20 minutes to cook, depending on the heat level. Here are a couple of ways I like it:

1) I grill it for a few minutes on each side and then baste with Pepper Jelly, either the red or green, and continue grilling until done.
    2) Using peaches and onions while grilling keeps the chicken moist and works very well in an oven, too.
    3) A friend of mine uses popcorn salt on her chicken. I've never tried it, but she swears by it.
  • alli_baba
    alli_baba Posts: 232 Member
    Brine it first in a salt water (sugar optional) brine for about 30 minutes prior to cooking -- makes it nice and juicy.

My dinner tonight -- chicken tacos:

-- pan fried chicken breast
    -- pickled red onions (thinly sliced red onions marinated in lime juice and salt for at least an hour -- Rick Bayless methond)
    -- sliced avocado
    -- chopped fresh tomato
    -- salsa verde
    -- cilantro
    -- corn tortillas

Delicious dinner under 550 calories including glass of wine!
  • trudijoy
    trudijoy Posts: 1,685 Member
    spice it up. peri peri seasoning is great. Often I just have the chicken plain grilled, or sprinkled with lemon and grilled, then add a big dollop of warmed salsa on top
  • anemoneprose
    anemoneprose Posts: 1,805 Member
    I can't eat skinless boneless grilled plain, makes me yak. These are my favourite things to happen to chicken at my place, when I can be bothered:

1) Roast whole chicken -> roast chicken -> chicken salad sandwiches or chicken in pasta or chicken in some kind of burrito.
    2) Korean BBQ
    3) Moroccan chicken tagine