Airport VIP Lounge Chat

Replies

• Tabatha_Cain
    Tabatha_Cain Posts: 4,960 Member
    Good Morning Airport Friends:

I hope you all are doing well this morning. Today is Saturday and it is going to be a busy day today. I have a lot to get done. Joe and I are going to be replanting in the garden this morning as some of our plants did not make it. Probably our doing. We are new at this so it is going to take some work. We are also going to be doing some doordash. I think that is a good idea. We need to get a bit of extra money.

@Dianedoessmiles1 - Exactly. I might have stayed if she were more supportive. I agree that the local laundry matt is way easier to wash your blankets. I use them also as mine is right up the road as well.
    @Kurtize - I am so sorry David's husband is back in the hospital. I really hope they figure out what is going on this time. Intestinal issues are the worst sometimes. That is awesome that Kayla got a clean bill of health.
    @aalley5 - That is good that you stuck to your portion sizes. That can be really hard to do. I will definitely check out your pinterest page. That is pretty cool.

Well I hope you all have a wonderful Saturday.

Tabatha
  • macrat12
    macrat12 Posts: 6,124 Member
    Rabbit, Rabbit wishing luck for this month of June to those who read this.
    Insight Timer Quote: Hope will never be silent.—Harvey Milk
    I AM: I choose to have faith.
    Action for Happiness: Decide to look for what’s good every day this month.
    Happy National Say Something Nice Day!!!!
    Happy World Milk Day!!!!
    Pliability QOTD: The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall.—Nashawn Kelley
    Day 152 of 2024 miles I’m 2024 and I had 5.84 miles yesterday.
    Beginning my day with a 45 min walk before breakfast.
    Work noon-5PM so getting in Pliability: Spine + Hams after breakfast/before work and 60 min walk this afternoon.
  • aalley5
    aalley5 Posts: 3,015 Member
    edited June 1
    @Dianedoessmiles1 and @ Tabatha_Cain - thanks!
    Hope you have a wonderful day everyone!
  • Patti241
    Patti241 Posts: 4,826 Member
    Diane: had a nice cool day yesterday. Today is not that bad either
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Dianedoessmiles1 Posts: 13,354 Member
    edited June 1
    @Tabatha_Cain , how did the planting go? We do have a garden here that we can plant things in It's not a very big one. When I went by it today the other day a small bush was planted. It looked quite thirsty. My Google is thumb is always look at the leaves have to leave look like they're starting a wilt it needs water. I felt bad for it. How did door dash go?
    @Aalley5, awwww hope you also had a very good day!
    @Patti241, today is just as gorgeous as yesterday was! Tomorrow we've talked of going to the ocean. We'll see if they happens,
  • Kurtize
    Kurtize Posts: 6,862 Member
    Today Kayla and I started our 30 mile walk (for the month of June) for the American Cancer society.
    Here we are this morning.
    u62bvlot4oij.jpg
    Doug came home from the hospital last night, right now everything is normal.
    @Tabatha_Cain glad the exist interview went well. That's what they called where I use to work.
    Wishing you a great rest of the evening and a Happy New Month! As the sun rises on this new beginning, may God’s blessings shine upon you. May He grant you strength, wisdom, and success in all your endeavors. 💪
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    @Kuritze, awww Kayla is sooo cute!!! ENJOY that walk! GLad Doug is okay!! Hopefully that'll remain.
  • macrat12
    Insight Timer Quote: The key to knowing joy is being easily pleased.—Mark Nepo
    I AM: I release my need to impress others.
    Action for Happiness: Say positive things in your conversations with others.
    Happy Rotisserie Chicken Day!!!!
    Pliability QOTD: Success is how high you bounce when you hot bottom.—George S. Patton
    Day 153 of 2024 miles in 2024 and I had 6.24 miles yesterday.
    Work 9AM-3PM and I’ll get my 45 min walk in this morning at work, Pliability: Prime Movers and 60 min walk after dinner.
  • Patti241
    Diane: Today is nice here as well.
  • Kurtize
    k8ildpq89dhy.jpg
  • aalley5
    aalley5 Posts: 3,015 Member
    edited June 2
    Week of June 02
    There is no one on this earth like you. Please take care of yourself.
    There are many things we can’t control, but we do have influence over how we treat ourselves. Research shows that self-compassion increases optimism and connectedness, and decreases anxiety and depression.

I invite you to love and accept yourself, just the way you are. Here are three simple ways to get started:

💙 Make space in your day to do one thing for yourself
    💙 Give yourself a compliment — if it feels weird, it’s working!
    💙 Try to see yourself the way other people see you
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    @Patti241 we hit 78 which was to much for me!! Hehehehe!! I mostly did inside stuff. I went to meeting than we went out to eat a bunch of us. We do this weekly, I've worked my around that to do so in a way it causes my body NO issues. I am glad you had a nice day also.
    @Kurtize, it sure is!
    @Aalley5, LOVE THAT!! When we respect ourselves, we respect others also.
  • Tabatha_Cain

I hope you are all doing well this morning. Today is Monday and it is going to be a great day. I am going to be taking it easy at work today. I only have 4 days left of AAA employment. I am going to be helping clients in office, and answering the phones, but not worrying about memberships or credit cards. That is not my problem any more. So I am happy about that. I think in my spare time I will be working on these flash cards for my husband. He said he needs me to make them up because his writing is horrible and sometimes even he cannot figure out what he wrote. So I am helping him.

@Dianedoessmiles1 - The replant went well. We replanted some watermelon, carrots, and sweet onions (green onions). One of our tomato plants survived, and 2 green peppers and 1 mystery veggie because I cannot remember what we planted in that spot. So it will be known once it starts producing.
    @Kurtize - Thank you. Kayla is adorable. I am glad Doug is home and doing well.
    @aalley5 - I love that. Thank you. I needed that today.

Well I hope you all have a wonderful Monday.

Tabatha
  • macrat12
    Insight Timer Quote: Do not feel lonely, the entire universe is inside you.—Rumi
    I AM: Good things are coming my way.
    Action for Happiness: Re-frame a worry and try to find a helpful way to think about it.
    Happy World Bicycle Day!!!!
    Happy National Leave the Office Early Day!!!!
    Pliability QOTD: It’s not about perfect. It’s about effort. And when you implement that effort into your life…every single day, that’s where transformation happens. That’s how change occurs.—Jillian Michaels
    Day 154 of 2024 miles in 2024 and I had 6.53 miles yesterday.
    Work noon-6PM so getting in At Home Resistance Bands: Shoulders/Arms + Core Challenge: Core after breakfast, Pliability: Full Flexors before work and 60 min walk this afternoon.
  • Patti241
    Diane: Yeah we had a nice day here and another nice day on tap for today or at least I hope so,
  • Kurtize
    Happy Monday. It is quite warm today. Kayla and I did our walk early again. Have a great rest of the day.

One of today's inspirations:

The more one does and sees and feels, the more one is able to do,
    and the more genuine may be one's appreciation
    of fundamental things like home,
    and love, and understanding companionship.
    - Amelia Earhart
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    @Tabatha_Cain , LOL It'll be fun to see what was planted that is the "mystery plant". NICE with only 4 more days (or is it now 3?) left at AAA. Soon you'll be at the new place. LOVE the no pressure to sell!! It's to bad they did to you all, it's a pressure I'd not enjoy either.
    @Patti241, same here!! WOW! The east coast has been so doing so much better this year! I am so grateful!! I've been able to go out and walk for a few days IN A ROW!!! NICE!!
    @Kurtize, awwww Kayla is so awesome!! And NOT AT ALL SPOILED!! LOLOL Hmmmm neither are Izzy or Oscar. We all took a super long nap this afternoon. SWEET!!
  • Tabatha_Cain

I hope you are all doing well this morning. Today is Tuesday and it is including today 3 days left of AAA employment. Yesterday there was a company wide outage. Our system crashed but it only crashed for some people. So like half our office could not get into their computer and half the Kalamazoo office which is the next town over. It is so crazy. So it was literally 2 of us that could do anything in our office. So it was me and the new agent that could do anything. So I had a lot of phone calls and a lot of people coming into the office and I had to run the paperwork for the end of the night because my co worker could not. It was a mess. They are saying it will not be fixed today either. So well we are going to be in the same boat today. I am going to restart my computer today. I think it needs it. So we will see how that goes.

@Kurtize - I love your quote
    @Dianedoessmiles1 - Yes it would have been a great job if the pressure was not so bad. But this year they seem to be harping on the memberships. Like my boss did not do that last year.

Well I hope you all have a wonderful Tuesday.

Tabatha
  • Patti241
    Diane: Yeah it has been good weather
  • macrat12
    Insight Timer Quote: Look at other people and ask yourself if you are really seeing them or just your thoughts about them.—Jon Kabat-Zinn
    I AM: I am at ease in times of uncertainty because I know my strength.
    Action for Happiness: Take a photo of something that brings you joy and share it.
    Happy National Hug your Cat Day!!!!
    Pliability QOTD: Champions aren’t made in gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them: a desire, a dream, a vision.—Muhammad Ali
    Day 155 of 2024 miles in 2024 and I had 5.53 miles yesterday.
    Work noon-6PM so getting in At Home Resistance Bands: Chest/Triceps + Core Challenge: HIIT after breakfast, Pliability: Bottom Half before work and 60 min walk in the afternoon.