From HCG to Low Carb?

2»

Replies

• Hi there,
    I have finished my 43 days on vlcd and on week 2 of maintenance. I lost 30 pounds and going strong, I know it is very hard and you need really strong will power. Just hang in there and know perseverance will bring you success!!! And you will be glad you did it.....
  • nicleed
    nicleed Posts: 247 Member
    I'm about halfway through my 25 days on the HCG very low-calorie diet. I'm thinking of going straight into a low-carb diet because I just can't take any more chicken and green beans. Any thoughts?

Well...you asked for any thoughts....

I am seriously GOBSMACKED that anyone would inject pregnancy hormones as a way to lose weight. The HCG diet is unknown here in Australia so I was shocked when I first heard about it. Although, I must admit, I vomited pretty much everything I ate in the first trimester of both my pregnancies, so I lost weight initially. I wouldn't recommend it though.

Why not eat healthy, exercise regularly, and give yourself a sustainable calorie deficit?
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    I'm about halfway through my 25 days on the HCG very low-calorie diet. I'm thinking of going straight into a low-carb diet because I just can't take any more chicken and green beans. Any thoughts?

I am seriously GOBSMACKED that anyone would inject pregnancy hormones as a way to lose weight. The HCG diet is unknown here in Australia so I was shocked when I first heard about it. Although, I must admit, I vomited pretty much everything I ate in the first trimester of both my pregnancies, so I lost weight initially. I wouldn't recommend it though.

Why not eat healthy, exercise regularly, and give yourself a sustainable calorie deficit?

This thread is really old and most of these posters are no longer active on the forums.
  • nicleed
    nicleed Posts: 247 Member

This thread is really old and most of these posters are no longer active on the forums.

Oops - I didn't even see that...<back in my box>
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member

Oops - I didn't even see that...<back in my box>

Lol I had the same reaction. Had to check myself.
  • Health_Gal
    Health_Gal Posts: 715 Member
    To anyone that might currently be doing the HCG diet :

PLEASE get off the HCG diet NOW before you become ill from malnutrition.

Yes, you will lose weight by eating only 500 calories a day, but it's very dangerous to deprive your body of what is needs for weeks on that diet. The HCG is doing ABSOLUTELY NOTHING for you.

This article from WebMD has lots of good information on why the HCG diet is so hazardous to your health.

http://www.webmd.com/diet/features/truth-about-hcg-for-weight-loss
This discussion has been closed.