WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR SEPTEMBER 2024

Replies

• 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,516 Member
    7io98t29zieu.png

Thanks Machka! That's where I'm at right now.

Carol in GA
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 17,129 Member
    :) If you keep doing what you're doing, you'll keep getting what you're getting.
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,595 Member
    If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got.

:p:p:p:p:p

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 4,189 Member
    edited September 21
    I had a whole long post and this app signed me out. I saved it, I hit the button several times, but it didn’t save. Hope you feel better soon @Lanette, sorry I shared this virus with you! @Lisa, I’m hoping to have a room in a house next year that can be our craft/library/computer room. I love how you all organize and want to emulate you all when we are back in a house next year. @Makcha I love both those sayings. I had quoted you in the lost post.

I finished both gloves in 3 days because knitting hurts the arthritis in my left hand so can’t knit like I want to. I’m starting to crochet an afghan for one of my grandsons next. Knitting completes the 12 different crafts I had a goal for this year!

Dinner yesterday was shrimp with leftover jasmine rice and lots of shredded veggies (carrots, onion, celery) with orange for dessert. I had two servings! Banana and peach during the day so met my goal there.

bapz9sxm828l.jpeg

RVRita in Roswell

• kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 4,189 Member
    Today is There is a lot to celebrate today. Enjoy the day!

yiamrp5kcjjc.jpeg
    wxwgg1nzdgef.jpeg
    qhb08btme0cx.jpeg
    l9opymmnvp2c.jpeg
    11dpe6udwcu4.jpeg
    nsqy5rjey0i5.jpeg

RVRita in Roswell
  • cityjaneLondon
    I finished reading the book I bought for Edie. 'Good People' by the Instagram group, Upworthy, that I follow. Inspiring stories about people helping others. I cried twice. :p
    Now I've got to wrap her HUGE triathlon rucksack!!!

My lamb and spinach curry was a triumph. With raita. Honestly, I've never had better, even in India. :p

Now to watch a programme about a Viking ship in Norway, one of my favourite countries. 😍

Love Heather UK xxxxxx
  • cityjaneLondon
    I'm taking my pleated skirt back tomorrow. It doesn't make me feel fabulous and it's a tiny bit snug on the waist. M&S are open on Sundays and I have a return code.

Love Heather UK xxxxxx
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 17,055 Member
    Stats for the day-

Walk w/family- 1hr 37min 9sec, 88elev, 3.12ap, 77ahr, 98mhr, 5.13mi= 463c
    Strava app- 622c
    Walk home to gym- 10.42min, 2.95ap, .53mi= 50c
    Strava app= 64c
    Treadmill jog- 52.50min, 5.6sp for 4miles, 6.2sp for .90mi, 8.0sp for last .10mi, 154spm, 134ahr, 166mhr, 10.34min mi, 5mi= 504c
    Walk gym to store then home- 19.17min, .86mi= 92c
    Strava app= 105c

Total cal 1109

• exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,474 Member
    Kim – thanks for all your hard work. Wonder why he gave me azaleas since he knew that it was in full sunlight

Did take my car for the oil change. I like the fact that the place is almost next door to BK and you don’t need an appt. It was quite fast, too. They do state inspections, so I just may go there, too.

It’s Sat and went in the pool. Vince thinks this is the last weekend for the pool, but to me it may just be the last weekend to go IN the pool, I can still lay poolside. Not giving up my pool until I absolutely must.

Margaret – “always put off until tomorrow” – took a lesson from Vince, I see

Jess came here today (no Colby but she did bring Ganon). She said she wanted to use the pool, but she just slept. Oh well, she said she’d be here in a few weeks and I hope Colby comes with her. I do like him. Although, to be honest, no man is good enough for my little girl….lol

While in the pool the other day (that’s where I do my best thinking) I decided I definitely want to go with TruGreen. We do need to get the lawn looking decent and C is very good – WHEN he gets to it. He works on C time. To me, it’s just frustrating, there’s practically no communication. Like he needed to replace one plant which he did, only he didn’t tell me he did so I didn’t water it. By the time I realized that he’d planted it, it was starting to get hot and I think it got burned up because it didn’t get a good root system.

Got Vince to go thru things in the garage, one shelf at a time. We did throw some things out, which is what I was looking for. Oil for things we no longer have, etc.

Deb – happy anniversary. That neon green stain – is it grass?

Vince wants to mow the grass late in the day tomorrow, which is fine so I’ll get to go in the pool during the day. But first I’ll exercise then I think I’ll walk to Food Lion. They have chicken thighs on sale, and I may get some to put in the freezer

Mo – one of the kitties we got was abandoned by his mother, too

Barbara – cats, too, easily figure out who’s the softie and who isn’t. They know they can get away with a lot more with Vince than they can with me. Vince just says “no” whereas I’ll spray them when they get on a counter. Vince said he has a hard time walking because of his plantar faciatious (?sp). He did get inserts from Amazon and he said they seem to really help

Vince went out by the pool today and saw that something – not sure what – bore a hole literally about 2” in diameter in the one pergola. He said he was going to fill it in with this expanding stuff. I wouldn’t be surprised if I wound up being the person who does it

Carol – you know your body better than anyone else, good for you listening to it.

Made hamburgers and hot dogs today since we won’t be able to use the grill much more. I just had a veggie burger

Burger King has some sort of new app they’re using. It looks like it’s more of a scheduling thing. I’ll probably only use it to request a day off. Evidently, it’s supposed to go live on Sept. 30. We shall see….

Lisa – love how you organized all your fabric. And love that pocketbook. You are so talented

Going to go take my walk

Michele NC
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,695 Member
    Lisa - beautiful bag!!!! from curtains!!! LOVE that, what does the inside look like? Any pockets?

Smiles Kim
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,782 Member
    GodMomKim wrote: »
    Lisa - beautiful bag!!!! from curtains!!! LOVE that, what does the inside look like? Any pockets?

Smiles Kim

Thank you! Yep - two pockets inside, I'll take pictures tomorrow. :)
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 3,138 Member
    [quote="exermom;c-48287050"
    Deb – happy anniversary. That neon green stain – is it grass?

Going to go take my walk

Michele NC[/quote]

not grass, tomato plant.
  • pipcd34
  • pipcd34
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,441 Member
    Still getting more exercise this month than in August! :)

My husband and I have been chatting and getting ideas about what exactly we want to do with the garden. Although it's spring, the weather isn't great, but we can talk!

The backyard will be the orchard and veggie garden and the front will be a mainly native garden with a dry or wet stream. I may even incorporate a little bridge!

If possible, all the grass (mainly sea wheat-grass or similar) will be gone. No mowing. Or very limited mowing.

Machka in Oz
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,986 Member
    <3