WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR SEPTEMBER 2024

Replies

• SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,575 Member
    Rita - so sorry everything is hitting you all at once with your mom and dog. Hope your DH's appointment goes well tomorrow. Allergies and back pain is a tough combination and very wearing. Crossing fingers you can get some good rest today. Your supper yesterday looked great.

Regarding privacy - my main concern is limiting exposure to prevent identity theft, although no matter how careful we are, hackers get into what we thought were secure databases and suddenly everything is exposed - social security numbers, birth dates, you name it. I feel better having put credit freezes in. I also try to limit texts, phone calls, etc., just because I consider them a nuisance. :p I have a lot of FB friends but don't follow anyone. Otherwise, my feed gets jammed when all I want is to access the road and weather report, and I get impatient at having to wade through comments and scroll through the ads. I will be very glad when the election is over. :D

This cold/flu thing is nearly all gone and I think I'm back to allergies. Made it to the grocery store and Home Depot this morning without even pulling out a handkerchief. 6 hours of sleep last night.

My YouTube feed comes up with interesting videos. I ran across this one, a 92 year old fellow with Alzheimer's who lives with his very patient and loving son. They both handle dad's confusion well. Reminds me of the conversations I had with DH toward the last. If anyone is interested, here's the link:

https://www.youtube.com/@dsalnorcal1434

Lanette B)
    SW WA State
  • SophieRosieMom
    MFP Weekly Check-In for September 23, 2024

Sue in WA State -lost about 1/2 pound this past week. Missed chair yoga due to cardiology appointment but otherwise consistent with exercise. Did not keep up my water intake so will continue to work on that. Want to be more consistent with water and continue to not eat after dinner. Will work on making breakfast higher in protein.

Lanette SW WA State – weight staying in range. Exercise and walking fell behind due to bad cold this week. The doctor’s office said “rest and drink fluids” and it was easy to follow this advice.
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,516 Member
    B)
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 3,138 Member

Sue in WA State -lost about 1/2 pound this past week. Missed chair yoga due to cardiology appointment but otherwise consistent with exercise. Did not keep up my water intake so will continue to work on that. Want to be more consistent with water and continue to not eat after dinner. Will work on making breakfast higher in protein.

Lanette SW WA State – weight staying in range. Exercise and walking fell behind due to bad cold this week. The doctor’s office said “rest and drink fluids” and it was easy to follow this advice.

I remembered to weigh, I remembered to write you to tell you what it was BUT I guess I forgot to hit send- Oh well- up a pound. No aqua or laps this past week. This Friday will be our last class. I will miss it but I am ok with not having three classes a week(along with 4-5 or more days walking the dog and 2 days walking the wetlands)
  • SophieRosieMom
    dlfk202000 wrote: »

I remembered to weigh, I remembered to write you to tell you what it was BUT I guess I forgot to hit send- Oh well- up a pound. No aqua or laps this past week. This Friday will be our last class. I will miss it but I am ok with not having three classes a week(along with 4-5 or more days walking the dog and 2 days walking the wetlands)

Deb - that's OK, sometimes MFP holds the info in outer space for a few days too! Sounds like you were super busy!

Catch you next week. :p

Lanette
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 17,055 Member
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,986 Member
    <3
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,769 Member
    Busy! Busy! Busy! My activity groups are back up and running after the summer break.

Heather: Yay! For reaching the beach.

Lisa: 🥰‘Remember the Desiderata’

🤗🤗🤗 and 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻 for those who need them.

🙋‍♀️ Miele failte to the newbies.

☘️ Terri

• LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,782 Member
    Good morning, my chickens,

Slept late for me, if not well, and we are once again back to the lovely, cool mornings. Got every window I can reach open and it's just lovely.

Tracey - I really do wish I had good advice on the financial thing and husbands. Just the usual story, which you can take or leave as advice:
    I handed over the finances to each of my husbands at some point because I started making massive mistakes due to my own stresses being barely under control at work. Both times, they screwed it up inside of six weeks. Deliberately? I don't know. I have tremendous respect for Corey's intellect, and he's not ordinarily passive aggressive, so probably not. He's just not interested, and so doesn't pay enough attention. He doesn't think ahead, and does things I would never do. Like paying a bill late, which becomes a cascading set of fees and penalties, and dings on your credit report.

I also start braking my car as much as a block or more before a stop light, which doesn't sound like the same thing, but it really is.

My main stress today is fighting with the washer -
    About every other load now, it stalls out with the tub full of water. However, about four or five tries later of rebooting (so to speak) by unplugging and then convincing it with the occasional surreptitious kick and a few cuss words, I can get it to complete a cycle, if not always the cycle it started with. I know it needs replacing, but it's such a PITA that I don't even want to try. That would be because I would have to make decisions about how much to spend, what kind to get, if I care whether it matches the dryer (I don't, so that one's easy), which one will work best with our septic and on and on.... The thought just crossed my mind that, unlike my stove, at least it can't access the internet and read this. 👀 Thank goodness! 😂

And that sent me off to check on our budget, and yeah, $500+ for a washer just wasn't something I wanted to do this year. However, it IS nine years old, and I do use equipment right up to the edge of its limitations. Always. Ask my new serger. 😹

And, the only other news is that I've pretty much moved my whole day into my craft room now. I've been working and playing on a laptop for years--why do I forget that it moves? 🤪. That's the point. OK, off to tussle with the washer. Fingers crossed! It's always a surprise, opening that lid.

Later, babies,
    Lisa in AR
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,223 Member
    Good morning beautiful ladies!

I was so sick yesterday. I had three vaccines on Sunday so I rather expected something, but it hit me hard. My streak for MFP was almost 2000 days, and it reset to 1. It doesn't mean that much, so I'm trying to forget it. I already feel better, so that's good.

May you all have a great day! May you be happy, healthy, safe and free!

Annie in Delaware
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,202 Member
    I got furnace yearly check off the list yesterday...Weather is getting a bit cooler. Still had a gorgeous day. Over the past weekend the last dip in my friend's pool on Saturday and then went to a classical concert with another friend that night. I enjoyed singing the anthem on Sunday.

I might be at my new set point. I have been 155-157 for the past month. This seems to be a good weight for me. I feel good and my clothes fit better. Fall is not a season I typically do not lose weight. I just want to maintain it for now.

I will continue to eat as little sugar, salt, wheat, soy, and corn that I can. When it does sneak in I notice my nose runs and I have more bloating and water weight. Everyone is different and has to find the diet that works for them.
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 17,055 Member
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 17,129 Member
    :) Husbands and money. Very frustrating. No answers from me. I manage the money because when Jake did it, he wanted to pays bills as soon as they came in without paying attention to whether the paychecks had been deposited yet to be sure there was enough money to cover the payment. He says he doesn't want to spend all our money, yet he consumes fancy coffee, soft drinks, ice cream, and juice bars daily.

:) Time to walk the dogs. They are another expensive item.

<3 Barbie in NW WA