Do I really need to post every day?

Options
2»

Replies

• Healthydiner65
    Healthydiner65 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    Do what you want! Evidently you are not ready to take this seriously. MFP has saved my life!
  • nilleah
    nilleah Posts: 177
    Options
    Do what you want! Evidently you are not ready to take this seriously. MFP has saved my life!

Just because he doesn't log in everyday doesn't mean he's not talking it seriously. He said he's lost weight and he seems pretty satisfied with his results. He just doesn't like being hounded by people about not logging in every day.

I think you are rude. You just assume he's not taking it seriously. Honestly, some people should just not say anything if they don't have anything nice to say.
  • nilleah
    nilleah Posts: 177
    Options
    I started up on this site a few months back. The support has been fantastic and I have even lost 10 pounds. The problem is some of my friends here chastise me for NOT logging in every day......while others hold their 'achievement' of 100 -1000 days logged in as some kind of badge of honor. I know the site promotes this because it effects their ad revenue but I don't want to stress about logging into this site every day......I just want to stress about losing weight.

Am I missing out?

Sir, it sounds to me as though you should get rid of some of those friends who are chastising you. They have absolutely no right to dictate how you use the site. You seem to be content with your results thus far and if that's the case then keep doin what you're doing. :)

I would love it if you added me. I'd be more than honored to support you with no chastising! :)
  • baronvonred
    Options
    Some people on this site are too easily riled up. The point I'm sure that was trying to be conveyed was that of all the good things about the MFP site.

1) MFP has the largest most up to date information about almost every food that is consumed, packaged, or prepared. They even have the macros for them. It would be a shame not to use the information; especially for healthy eating :smile:
    2) The OP said about that the "support has been fantastic." The users of MFP are a close knit group. We are a Social Food Group. Some have even used the site as a replacement for FB, Tw**ting, or even weight loss goals.
    3) MFP's Apps are very helpful, but if the OP doesn't have a smart phone I can see the problem with logging in daily. If I didn't have mine I would be only logging 3 - 4 days every week.

The site of MFP was created to give a social setting to like minded people that want to lose a few pounds, maintain their current weight, or keep a healthy weight. The site was not created to be/put any undo pressure in anyone's life. This is why many including myself will tell you. Just do what feels and works best for you as an individual. Your health is what drove you to this site. We as MFP users are just going to suggest what has worked for us in the past. Everyone is different and what works for me might not work for you. So for the OP 'Welcome to MFP & Congratulations on the weight loss.'

Enjoy the MFP Site and Eat Healthy :happy:
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    it will keep you from straying too much
  • TRD66
    TRD66 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Whatever works for you. You don't want to be adding stress to a situation as this is likely to cause you to 'break'.

If you only log in every couple of days then, so what. If you either know your foods well and can count in your head, or regulalry eat the same lunches/dinners so you know where you are it shouldn't matter.

The site has a specific set-up but it's as much about a lifestyle change as an actual diary - which is just as important.