1 minute plank

124»

Replies

• slimjaques
    slimjaques Posts: 19 Member
    Ha! Loved your comment about counting time in songs! I do the same thing!
  • pkbryant28
    pkbryant28 Posts: 146 Member
    Awesome job!! I'm still doing my "one minute plank" in about 5 parts, haha.

Right there with ya! :laugh:
  • HM1971
    HM1971 Posts: 63 Member
    30 seconds.....
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    I can do 2 minutes, but on my elbows only.
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Awesome job!! I'm still doing my "one minute plank" in about 5 parts, haha.

:laugh:
  • AlliBarlik
    AlliBarlik Posts: 111 Member
    I'm struggling to get 30 seconds. It's hard for me. I want to be able to get to a minute. Surely that will get easier as my core is stronger.
  • nikkiej2012
    nikkiej2012 Posts: 236 Member
    wow I just did my first plank in YEARS...I got to 10 sec..wow o wow its hard..but I will grow and increase my time!!
  • 6spdeg
    6spdeg Posts: 394 Member
    when doing your plank dont just hold it.. put heels back legs tight as possible then pull your elbows toward your toes... its a Completely new feeling.. and actually really works your core instead of just holding the position!!
  • RekindledRose
    RekindledRose Posts: 523 Member
    That's really good! Keep up the great work!
  • Hadabetter
    Hadabetter Posts: 942 Member
    3:00 min for front. 1:15 min for each side.
  • just started exercising 1 month ago and eating clean 21/2 weeks ago, my first plank was not even 5 sec! now i have hit a 45sec once... but just keeping it to 30sec x 2 at the moment.... my trainer say one day he get me to do on 1 arm and leg! =O

btw, i haven't been exercising ever since i've graduated from college and i'm near 40 now! =(
    slowly getting on the route to healthy zone!! =D
  • 1 minute was the most i could do until i told my sister to time me and she forgot so i did 1 min 15 sec! hopefully 2 minutes soon!!
  • davenporter
    davenporter Posts: 30 Member
    did one for 2 minutes today -- feel the burn! This is my go-to for quick calorie burn. I allow myself 20 extra calories per minute with planks.
  • Even though I am 253 I can do it for 1.30...surprisingly.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    My plank PR is 120 seconds (2 minutes).

I've been lazy with getting my planks in the past couple months, but I'm getting back t it and hoping to get a 5 minute plank by the end of the year.
  • woo hoo! i like to see all the plank love! Its actually my second favorite workout! Oh, and im up to 1m 20sec now :) when i first started i couldnt even attempt the side plank, so, challenge accepted. Come friday, i will find out if i can do a side plank.
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    They got too easy. I started doing them with my feet on an exercise ball, and then tucking my legs in and out. ATM I do them like this:

handstandstrap_zps2d0541e4.jpg
  • TMLPatrick
    TMLPatrick Posts: 558 Member
    On Sept 21, I could do only 1 minute... this morning I did 1 minute 50 seconds.... just a little more work to hit 2 minutes... and yes, it's excruciating, at least the last 15 seconds or so.
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Just did one! It wasn't that hard either. I normally stop at 30 seconds. Later on today I am going for a PR to see how long I can do it.
  • Care76
    Care76 Posts: 556 Member
    I have only timed myself once and it was a minute and 6 seconds. Lately I have been doing different planks, I like the ones where you dip your hips down to the floor. Those and others I don't hold the same as a basic plank.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!