How do you gain weight after urinating?

13»

Replies

• Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    I don't get it. I weighed myself this morning and was at 216.2 or 216.4. I went to urinate right after I got off the scale. I weighed myself afterwards, and was 216.8. About an hr later, I weighed myself (just out of curiosity. I swear I'm not obsessed). I weighed 215.6. I lost a pound just by browsing MFP. Went to urinate again and weighed 215.8. Can someone explain this?

Maximum weight show was 216.8, minimum weight shown was 215.6. That's a difference of 1.2 pounds across 216 pounds, or just over 0.5%. Meaning your scale is 99.5% accurate. Meaning your readings are all well within the small margin of error.

Exactly how much more accurate than that do you feel you need? :)
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Your body defies the laws of physics.

Or your scale sucks.
  • tehboxingkitteh
    tehboxingkitteh Posts: 1,574 Member
    When's the last time you had it calibrated? I'm assuming never, therefore it can't be used as a precision instrument :flowerforyou:
  • joshdann
    joshdann Posts: 618 Member
    most home digital scales do not allow calibration. But, perhaps that was your point ;)
  • twinketta
    twinketta Posts: 2,130 Member
    The scale I use has a 3 minute `memory`. It is a little focker, I have tried to use ninja sneaking skills to slip on it sideways.

I have tried leaning forwards/backwards.

I have even tried standing on one leg just to confuse the little devil..

My advice the scale is not your friend, it never will be. Go visit once a week or less, say hi, and move on...you will never be best friends x
  • FixIngMe13
    FixIngMe13 Posts: 405 Member
    I used to be really *obsessed* over that scale. We had a very *close* relationship for a while...lol. I've decided to put that thing away!!! I was getting all depressed and stressed out! To answer your question though... YES...omg YES!!! I'd be gone for half an hour...go back and weigh more by not doing anything!!! I would get so angry! It was becoming so unhealthy for me to continue on with that.... I was starting to binge eat then...and contemplate suicide....seriously. I laugh about it now (well sorta) but it was no laughing matter.

I actually had put my scale away for 2 months to see if I could break that unhealthy cycle. I did...and I lost 18 lbs in the process. :) Mind over matter...it really is true! I do weigh myself weekly now...and I'm still losing....so all is good. I'd say just weigh yourself ONCE a week.
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,839 Member
    When my scale does that to me I figure it is punishing me for weighing myself more than once in a day. :angry: Just kidding.

Most inexpensive home digital scales do have some springs inside them and it is probably just that the springs haven't full recovered. Home scales are approximate. If your floor is on wooden joists it has a little give to it. Some scales are affect by where you put your feet or how you distribute your weight on your feet.
  • TheRealParisLove
    TheRealParisLove Posts: 1,907 Member
    You might be standing differently on the scale, therefore the weight is distributed differently causing a different reading.

Also, what roundgal said!
  • Hildy_J
    Hildy_J Posts: 1,050 Member
    A small margin of error on the accuracy of the scale explains the tiny fluctuations at the two separate weigh-ins.

The second weigh-in was an hour after the first. Assuming you hadn't eaten or drunk anything you could easily lose weight in that time (in the form of water). You're respiring - water's coming out in your breath and you're sweating.

You've just woken up and your system's cranking up for the day. :smile:
  • Boogage
    Boogage Posts: 739 Member
    Don't know if anyone mentioned body temp because I didn't read all the posts but I've found that if I hop on the scale just after getting out of bed then I am lighter than I am a few minutes later after I've been for a wee.

My bed keeps me nice and snuggly and a higher body temperature makes you weigh in lighter. Same thing happens after I've had a bath which I still find a little bit strange as I have thick long hair that weighs a ton when its wet but, I still weigh in lighter