Chicken is killing us

Options

Replies

• Minnie2361
    Minnie2361 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Oh the killing of the poor chicken and a video too something to think about the next time you order up some chicken wings.
    McCruelty
    http://www.mccruelty.com/default.aspx
  • DatMurse
    DatMurse Posts: 1,501 Member
    Options
    Oh the killing of the poor chicken and a video too something to think about the next time you order up some chicken wings.
    McCruelty

Temple Grandin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wcqqE3H5vQ4
  • Fozzi43
    Fozzi43 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    Chicken...nom nom nom.
  • metaphoria
    metaphoria Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    wTOGI4P.jpg

Oh my glory, I can't stop laughing...
  • VBnotbitter
    VBnotbitter Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    Wow, is your chicken in America really that bad? Here in Australia most of our chicken (yep, even nuggets) is made from very low or un processed real chicken. Our chicken farms here are some of the cleanest places I have seen (excluding the feathers everywhere). And yes, I have seen chicken farms live first hand an many occasions.

That's because Australia is the land of magic and honey!! Every place in the world is better than the USA!!!

Well yes Australia is the land of magic and honey!! You've been! Its not that every where is better than the USA, its just that Australia is better than everywhere else:tongue:
  • VBnotbitter
    Options
    First there was Big Pharma, then there was Big Food. Now there is Big Chicken

2l9gtg7.jpg
  • Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    Options
    Wow, is your chicken in America really that bad? Here in Australia most of our chicken (yep, even nuggets) is made from very low or un processed real chicken. Our chicken farms here are some of the cleanest places I have seen (excluding the feathers everywhere). And yes, I have seen chicken farms live first hand an many occasions.

That's because Australia is the land of magic and honey!! Every place in the world is better than the USA!!!

Well yes Australia is the land of magic and honey!! You've been! Its not that every where is better than the USA, its just that Australia is better than everywhere else:tongue:
    Australia isn't better than Ireland. All our criminals used to be deported to Australia in the past. :laugh:
  • TheRealParisLove
    TheRealParisLove Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    I went to Salon.com and read the article directly from the source. The OP only posted some of it. But in a nutshell, the same place that brings you your iPhones and air you can see is now going to be making your chicken soup and nuggets.

Although the article was obviously an opinion piece and not news per se, it does reaffirm my decision to eat foods mostly from scratch. I can't afford the organic meats or local eggs at the moment, but I sure as heck am not interested in eating any nuggets or other frozen chicken selections from China. Eeek! :sick:
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Consumption of chicken meat in the UK reflects the obesity trend - up by a factor of 4 in 40 years.
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    I went to Salon.com and read the article directly from the source. The OP only posted some of it. But in a nutshell, the same place that brings you your iPhones and air you can see is now going to be making your chicken soup and nuggets.

Although the article was obviously an opinion piece and not news per se, it does reaffirm my decision to eat foods mostly from scratch. I can't afford the organic meats or local eggs at the moment, but I sure as heck am not interested in eating any nuggets or other frozen chicken selections from China. Eeek! :sick:

And air?
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    Sigh. Can I get a list of things that won't kill me, please?
  • VBnotbitter
    Options

Australia isn't better than Ireland. All our criminals used to be deported to Australia in the past. :laugh:

These days you seem to be deporting more IT staff and bank clerks
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    McCruelty

How is this relevant to your OP?

Also, why don't you look closer to home...you eat ham, tuna and rather a lot of salmon.
  • sweetchildomine
    sweetchildomine Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    All the food is poison. All the food is poison.

The carrots, the peas, the celery sticks, the meat and the fish will make you sick

All the food is poison. All the food is poison.

Apples tomatoes, wheat and the corn, all the food is poison. Don’t eat the food, its poison food
  • phred_52
    phred_52 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Only read topic, I'm not bright enough to understand most things, so my doc said :wink: . Well, cigarettes are killing me, so I'll just keep my tyson's and go out sooner. :smile:
  • Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    Options
    This thread is a great example of the old saying:

"You can lead sheeple to uncomfortable facts but you can't make them think or even give a damn."

Honestly, OP, trying to bring up a serious matter of conscience on a site devoted either to the desperately out-of-control morbidly obese or to vain, OCD calorie-counting, mirror-gazing, narcissistic, consumeristic dieters who have so little going on in their everyday lives that they have enough time on their hands to dilly dally on the forum of their calorie app for goodness sake. LOL. No wonder most of the responses were kindergarten-level, arts & crafts half-jokes being the equivalent of sticking their fingers in their ears and screaming " la la la "

If you can't be vacuous and superficial, addressing masses of consumers who have long lost both any semblance of traditional, common-sense food culture or the ability to care about more of the world than just their own little personal gains and ego, while discussing only the remedial mechanics of eating, moving, weighing yourself, measuring yourself and looking at yourself twenty times a day in the mirror, then you have no business posting here! ;)

Get with the program: Turn your brain off and your smartphone on
    tumblr_inline_ms0hurWpQp1qfepuq.jpg
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options

"You can lead sheeple to uncomfortable facts but you can't make them think or even give a damn."

Honestly, OP, trying to bring up a serious matter of conscience on a site devoted either to the desperately out-of-control morbidly obese or to vain, OCD calorie-counting, mirror-gazing, narcissistic, consumeristic dieters who have so little going on in their everyday lives that they have enough time on their hands to dilly dally on the forum of their calorie app for goodness sake. LOL. No wonder most of the responses were kindergarten-level, arts & crafts half-jokes being the equivalent of sticking their fingers in their ears and screaming " la la la "

If you can't be vacuous and superficial, addressing masses of consumers who have long lost both any semblance of traditional, common-sense food culture or the ability to care about more of the world than just their own little personal gains and ego, while discussing only the remedial mechanics of eating, moving, weighing yourself, measuring yourself and looking at yourself twenty times a day in the mirror, then you have no business posting here! ;)

Aww, you're adorable.
  • saschka7
    saschka7 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    I just want to know when Minnie is going to start posting about all the e.coli and salmonella outbreaks caused by vegetables.

Oh that's right, Minnie's just a biased copy pasta troll, so that side of the fear mongering will never get shown...

1. I have personally been laid flat by listeria poisoning from bad salad greens. Not e coli and salmonella, but food poisoning just the same. I didn't even know it was possible to get food poisoning from vegetables. I know better now.:noway:

2. I THOUGHT I recognized the OP's style of pasting an inflammatory "article" in the forums without any sort of analysis/description/tagline/further commentary. :yawn:
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    Yep I'm just a zombie right now after eating chicken every night since Feb 8th 2012.
  • saschka7
    saschka7 Posts: 577 Member
    Options

I'm still trying to figure where the "arts and crafts half jokes" are. What does that even MEAN?
This discussion has been closed.