People can be cruel

123457»

Replies

• stumblinthrulife
    stumblinthrulife Posts: 2,558 Member
    OP, I can honestly say that I have been here for a fairly long time, and have seen genuine cruelty maybe 3 times. There is a lot of support here. Telling someone that something they are doing is ineffective IS support. Preventing another person from wasting their time and/or money on foolishness IS support.

People are sometimes sarcastic, but they don't come across as cruel, to me. They are just trying to inject some humour into something that isn't always fun. I think that people often read hostility into comments that, quite simply, isn't there. The people who take the time to respond to people's questions aren't doing it because they are unkind. They do it because they ARE, for the most part.

Twinketta, please don't bother. Thanks.

On MFP, disagreement = meanness and cruelty. You should always support someone in their efforts, no matter how futile, counter productive, or downright dangerous they may be.

I ran a marathon today and felt a bit tired as i haven't eaten for 3 years, would having a stick of celery be okay before i do my triathlon after work tomorrow?

I posted this as i wasn't sure what to do and guess what some nasty cruel bullying poster said i should eat at least two sticks of celery

The *kitten*. You should make a thread.
This discussion has been closed.