what was your BMI when you moved to maintain

Replies

• padams2359
    padams2359 Posts: 1,093 Member
    I went from 28.1 to 22.9.
  • kristen6022
    kristen6022 Posts: 1,926 Member
    I went from a 26.5 - 20.5. I'm right now a 21.1, I'd like to get down to 20.5 again. (190-147)
  • NovemberJune
    NovemberJune Posts: 2,525 Member
    I'm at 22.7 and maintaining. Not because I don't wish to lose more, but because it is harder now and honestly, I feel decently healthy and attractive, so am not as motivated.

LOL pretty much this only I moved into maintenance around a BMI of 24 and now after about a year of losing roughly a lb a month, I'm around 22.8. My BMI was as high as 40 before I joined MFP
  • kluvit
    kluvit Posts: 435 Member
    Started maintenance at about 19 after coming down from 24. Goal is to stay between 18.5 and 19.9.
  • matthewcrowley
    matthewcrowley Posts: 6 Member
    body fat % is a better thing to track. BMI is really meant for statistical analysis of large populations, not individuals. If you don't know bodyfat target a waist circumference, that is more meaningful.

Should also track basic cardivascular health stats blood pressure, heart rate and metabolic stats triglycerides, glucose
  • Hadabetter
    Hadabetter Posts: 941 Member
    body fat % is a better thing to track. BMI is really meant for statistical analysis of large populations, not individuals. If you don't know bodyfat target a waist circumference, that is more meaningful.

Should also track basic cardivascular health stats blood pressure, heart rate and metabolic stats triglycerides, glucose
    ^^^And we have a winner!
  • onyxgirl17
    onyxgirl17 Posts: 1,721 Member
    21. I'd like to stay between 20-21
  • I was 38 when I started 2 yrs ago down to 25.3 now just above the normal weight range when I'm done it should be a 24 :)
  • tdfarmer
    tdfarmer Posts: 176 Member
    22 and dropped to 20.7 I think.
  • tdfarmer
    tdfarmer Posts: 176 Member
    22 and dropped to 20.7 I think.

Was 28 when started
  • FitToBeKim
    FitToBeKim Posts: 85 Member
    I really do not track BMI ...track body fat % instead, that is a better marker of progress, IMO

How would I go about getting that calculated ?
    I know there are BMI calc's online but they vary so much.

I'm more interested in my body fat. Where would I look to get this done ?
  • xLoveLikeWinterx
    xLoveLikeWinterx Posts: 408 Member
    I went from 27.2 to 22.2 (as of this morning). I decided I'm transitioning into maintenance now and I'll probably end up about 21 or so, but even if I don't I'm not too worried anymore. I'm < 130 and starting to feel better/clothes fit better, so slow is fine by me. if it stops here, that's ok too.
  • snejkaxo
    snejkaxo Posts: 91 Member
    19.3 now. Ideal for me would be 18.5. Went down from 24.6
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Went from 23 to 20 and that's where I'm staying.
  • KeViN_v2pt0
    KeViN_v2pt0 Posts: 375 Member
    So what BMI were you at when you moved to maintenance, and how far have you come?

My starting BMI was 35.4.

My current BMI is 28.7. (which is the best shape I have been in, in 15 years)

Even in the best shape of my entire life my BMI was around 28.
  • I went from BMI 42.3 to 21.1 and am now in the learning stages of maintaining.
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    don't know.
    don't want to know.
  • judilockwood
    judilockwood Posts: 134 Member
    I went from 30.5 to 23.6 now starting maintenance. Might try for 22.5 when I've consolidated this x
  • ChrisS30V
    ChrisS30V Posts: 157 Member
    I started maintaining at 19.9, which was actually I bit lower than I had intended, but I had become lax about weighing myself and woke up one morning, weighed myself and found that I was at a weight where I thought it probably wouldn't be wise to lose 5 or 10 more lbs, so I decided to just maintain. I like where I'm at, I like how I look and feel, especially compared to when my BMI was 30+. Given my family history of heart disease and diabetes, my doctor seems to think it's a good idea for me to maintain a low (but healthy) body weight.