New Book of the Bible tomorrow

Options
HealthFitNow
HealthFitNow Posts: 1,205 Member
Hi Everyone,

Today (Thursday September 19th) we finish the gospel of John.

Tomorrow (September 20th) we will start a new book.

Question:
Would you want to study the gospel of Matthew? This gospel was written to the Jewish Christians, with the focus on things that appealed to Jews.

Would you be interested in studying the Gospel of Mark? The gospel is written by Mark, the scribe of the apostle Peter. This was the first of the gospels to be written. It is a very fast moving book. The segments will be small, but packed, sort of like Peter was an act first, think later person. He probably dictated it to Mark...and John was writing as fast as he could

We could do a two part: The Gospel of Luke followed by Acts --both written by Dr. Luke. He is more systematic and academic in his approach. His style matches current research type of study the most.

Or we could go on and study Acts, the book following John, which is focused on the acts of the apostles.

We have the option of epistles...letters to the churches.

Or if you want, I can decide.

I'm open to anything.

ChapLynne

Replies

• HarrietSmeltzer1
    HarrietSmeltzer1 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Thank you for giving us a choice. I be live that you do such a wonderful job and pack some really thought provoking things after in outing the information from the Bible for us that you should chose. Peter was impulsive and I am working on being less impulsive and wiser so please take what the others decide or you decide and I am sure it will help me grow spirituality. Thanks for all you do.
  • MissSharon2013
    MissSharon2013 Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    I think you have outlined a good plan. I would be happy with what you've said here!
  • GrannyGwen1
    GrannyGwen1 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I LIKE THIS IDEA,

We could do a two part: The Gospel of Luke followed by Acts --both written by Dr. Luke. He is more systematic and academic in his approach. His style matches current research type of study the most.

HOWEVER IM OK WITH WHATEVER YOU THINK WOULD BE THE BEST FOLLOW THROUGH FOR OUR STUDY, LEADING UP TO THE HOLIDAYS. DO YOU HAVE A 25 DAY BEFORE CHRISTMAS STUDY PLAN FOR DECEMBER?
    I WILL PRAY ON THIS FOR OUR LORD TO GUIDE YOU IN YOUR DECISION AND WILL KNOW THAT WHAT YOU CHOSE WILL BE WHAT IS IN YOUR HEART.

LOVE GG
  • HealthFitNow
    HealthFitNow Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    My Brothers and Sisters in Christ,

Thank you for your posts here and your PMs to me. All of your ideas are taken into the following. However, GrannyGwen1 got me thinking of a little farther into the future.

GrannyGwen1 brought up a brilliant idea. She suggested an Advent Bible Study starting December 1. Then we can do the 12 Days of Christmas for the Season of Christmas.

There are 95 days from now till Advent. I'll work out so we fit a study into that number.

So I am leaning towards doing Luke. I think I can break it up. Though some passages may be longer than we are used to.

I'll work up a themed Advent study that will take us back to the Old Testament and the early chapters in each of the gospels for the coming of Jesus. Both first and second coming.

For Christmas, I will use the Christmas story expanded over the 12 days of Christmas, culminating with Epiphany -- January 6th.-- and the visit of the Magi.

Starting January 7th, we can discuss whether we want to keep with the Christian seasons, especially a Lenten study, and an Easter study culminating with Pentecost.

We might plan to study Mark--break for Lent and Easter.

Then we could resume the Spring/summer with Acts of the Apostles, which would be timely around Pentecost.

If there are disagreements with this, let me know here or by PM.

Otherwise, we start with Luke tomorrow. :) And thank you all for your participation, prayers and support. It makes all of this that much better because you are here. Your ideas. Your thoughts. Your inputs. Your prayers. ***huge difference***

Blessings,
    ChapLynne