*GROUP*--calling women who lift & eat (TDEE-20% or more)

Options

Replies

• juiletflt
    Options
    I would love to be a part of this group!

I just started lifting 2 weeks ago and am eating at my TDEE -20%. I'm doing the Beautiful Badass lifting program and I LOVE it!
  • Shyloh1
    Shyloh1 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I'd love to join too!
    Please invite me!:flowerforyou:
  • smoothandfast
    smoothandfast Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I am interested in this type of group! I have been at my goal weight for a couple of months and I lift 4 times a week, + 2 hard core cardio workouts. I am trying to educate myself on which weight training philosophy is going to work best for me and give me the results I want. I know what hasn't worked for me over the years and I know what I don't like doing so this journey is exciting. Currently doing body beast. I eat 2,000-2,200 calories every day - I do not restrict my eating just because I didn't have time for a workout. I love to eat and I am probably around 17% bodyfat right now. I would like to gain about 5 pounds of pure muscle so I need to work really hard!
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    lol
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    I'll join.
  • Sarahndipity30
    Sarahndipity30 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    I'd be interested in joining if there is room.

I started heavy lifting about 3 weeks ago and I LOVE it. i am personally struggling with the food/calorie stuff. i average anywhere form 1800-2200 calories (pre workout) and somedays i struggle to get there..others i can go over.the New Rules book says i should be around 2800, and the TDEE-20% site and Scooby site say 2900 after excercise. it seems a bit high to me, so I don't know at this point if i am Maintaining, eating too few or just right.

I am 6'1", currently at 300lbs. Shooting to lose 100 lbs by my 30th Birthday next September. I could use all the support and guidance of fellow ladies who love lifting and love eating!!
  • VeganGypsie
    Options
    I am just learning about lifting. In the past the only weights I have done were the weight machine circuits with high reps, but I am getting interested in doing some heavy lifting. My calories are currently low (I keep moving the goal around, but like 1350ish), but I am getting hella fed up with it. I don't like being hungry. And I don't like being skinny-fat, looking fine in clothes but not so much in the bedroom or on the beach. So I am going to the intimidating part of the gym tonight to get my feet wet. I want to find a beginner program to follow and just stick with it for a month or two, then reassess. I will up the calories as I go so long as the inches go down. I have completed week one of the hundred pushup challenge. I am reading as much as I can, because I am not interested in being injured, so if you have book or website recommendations, send them my way.
  • VeganGypsie
    Options
    Update, 2 heavy lifting workouts into it, I think this plan is for me. I have found a weight lifting calorie burn estimate elsewhere in the net and made a custom burn on MFP, which is higher than the one they have on there (in the cardio section). MFP is probably thinking of the girly pink dumbbell workouts for those estimates. I eat all my calories back, so this is getting me into the 1700 range, which is the same as my TDEE-20% if I am working out 5-6 days per week, according to IIFYM. That's weights 3 days/week once my DOMS cools down (I'm giving myself 2 rest days for weights right now) and most other days some kind of cardio - walking, biking, yoga, gardening, dodgeball.
  • powerpuffgirl66
    powerpuffgirl66 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I'm game. I lift 3x/week, HIIT 2x/week. Eat at least 1800 calories a day.
  • Rosalind_F
    Rosalind_F Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'd love to join. I usually eat 1600-1700 calories per day and have been doing starting strength for about a month.
  • hotmammatotwogirls
    hotmammatotwogirls Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Count me in Please, I'm eating over 2000 calories per day and doing the Body Beast Program.
  • tindy5799
    tindy5799 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I got so excited when I saw this that I didn't even have the patience to read all of the previous posts! I'm currently (for the past 6 months) trying to work on a knee injury which makes lifting nearly impossible for my lower body but weight lifting is my passion.
  • skinny4me2be
    skinny4me2be Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    I would love to join!!! Doing TDEE - 20% - Almost done with C25K moving on to C210K, and doing strong lifts 5x5 3 days a week as well.

Thank you!!
  • joycloete
    Options
    I want in. Please. I started lifting last week, I think. I also upped my calories from about 1500/1600 to 1800/1900. I might up it further still because I am hungry ALL THE TIME.
  • clambert1273
    clambert1273 Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    I want in. Please. I started lifting last week, I think. I also upped my calories from about 1500/1600 to 1800/1900. I might up it further still because I am hungry ALL THE TIME.

You can add me :) I have a bunch of lifting girls on my friends list. I eat 1700-1900 per day depending (sometimes more than that). I also eat pies, ice cream, chips or whatever I want at the time lol I just started around 2 weeks ago lifting.

I will be setting my baseline intake to 1850 when I hit stage 2 (NROL4W) - I have been steadily losing weight and upping weights...

girl power :bigsmile:
  • Shaybug
    Shaybug Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I know I am a little late in the game here, but I would love to be added.

I am currently maintaining a 50ish pound loss. I am ditching the scale and starting a lifting regime. As my lifting improves my calories should be going up too.

I would love some support for strong, healthy, food loving ladies.
  • accendo
    accendo Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I'd like to join too, I do tdee-20% and do SL 5x5. I'd love more friends that use tdee and lift, so feel free to add me as well.
  • VNJohnson
    Options
    Add me, please!!
  • Paula038
    Paula038 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    If this thread is still alive, I would love to join. Way over 2000 calls and started Starting Strength a couple of weeks ago. Love it!
  • nespinosa3
    Options
    I found this thread on the exact moment that I needed it!
    I've been working out with a personal trainer for 7 weeks and I am eating much more than I used to (I also tried the whole 1200, not for me). I do weight lifting with him 2x, go to group classes 3x and do cardio about 4 days a week. I really like not having to starve and I love working out...however, the weight loss has been slow. In 7 weeks, I've only lost 4 pounds :(
    My TDEE-20% is around 1700, but I barely get there :( I was wondering if you guys also had any problems with the weight coming off and especially...I am wondering how to get to 1700 calories by eating healthy. I plan out every meal/snack of my day and everything is healthy, my diet is very low in fat, and I'm honestly not starving but I can never reach 1700. Any ideas?