Shorties needing support!

Options

Replies

• Gee_24
    Gee_24 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    4ft 8. Current weight: 6.6 stone, goal weight 6.4 stone.

And another picture here as I posted in my last thread. People see I am 92lbs on my profile and think I'm anorexic! This is a short body at 92lbs:

20130828_192515_zpsc7fff83f.jpg

So Im thinking that I may reassess again 2lbs from now.

Add me!
  • ashmgorm
    ashmgorm Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Ok so this is my first post ever :D. I started MFP 11 days ago and I feel like it was my first step to being the person I've always wanted to be. I'm 5'3" and 19 years old and have been overweight ever since elementary school. I am ready to change my life for the better, no more excuses and no more feeling sorry for myself. The time has come for me to shed this weight and to get the body I have always wanted.

SW: 165
    CW: 155
    GW: 125
  • sectsandviolence
    sectsandviolence Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    No matter how many times i hear the phrase "butt hurt" i will always literally lol
  • MichiFfit
    MichiFfit Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hi,

This post was inspired by another one I saw for ladies around 5'2". I realised from it that I have a lot longer journal ahead of me than a lot of the 'shorties' on here.

Although I've been a member of MFP for years now I haven't made much progress. I keep starting and saying "no but this time I'm serious" and then letting one bad day slip into a week and so on.

From 1st September I've actually been sticking to it. 3 times a week at the gym and tracking EVERYTHING (even when iIve been bad).

I'm hoping to find some friends on here in similar situations so we can motivate and support each other.

I'm 5'0" and here's my STATS:

SW: 220lbs (NEVER again)
    CW: 188lbs
    GW: 150lbs but I plan on reassessing when (not if) I get there.

I've got a long way to go and have already taken some knocks - last week I was expecting a huge loss and I'd lost...nothing! But I'm not going to let these stop me any more.

Feel free to add me! :)

Hey, I am in the same boat as you. I am 5 feet as well. My highest weight was 317, my CW is 183, GW 130, UGW is 115. Feel free to add me !!!
  • DizzyLinds
    DizzyLinds Posts: 856 Member
    Options
    I'm 4ft 11 and weigh 127lbs. I'd like to be closer to 120 but finding it very hard. I lift heavy doing stronglifts, HIIT, play netball and just started running. Add me!
  • Ready2Lose1987
    Ready2Lose1987 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Right there with ya'll. I'm 5'1 and its really hard being over 200 pounds when our goal should according to paper be under 130.

Starting Weight: 225
    Current Weight: 219
    Goal Weight: 140
  • Missalongmire
    Options
    Hi,
    I can definitely relate to being short and over weight I'm 4'11 and weigh 180
    I have always been over weight but after being in the hospital it just got worse. I have gained about 30 pounds since i got out of the hospital in may 2012. after getting married in December i have pretty much just stayed at the same weight. I'm trying my best to say good bye the weight for ever. My goal is 120 and i know Ive got a long way to go so i need all the motivation i can get and I'm willing to help motivate others like me who just need some one to encourage them and help keep them on track.

Don't be afraid to send a friend request :)
  • Twinklewood
    Twinklewood Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I can relate to you I'm 27 and 5' 1"

Highest weight: 297lbs (a couple of years ago)
    Current weight: 265lbs

I got down to about 240 by living abroad and not eating very much but this last 18 months it's starting to go back on again and I know in a blink of an eye I'll be back up to almost 300 again if I'm not careful. So I am getting back down to it tomorrow and starting back at the gym and cycling!!

We can all do it!!!!

Feel free to add me!
  • pbluberry
    Options
    I'm definitely feeling the same way. I'm 37 and am not getting any younger. I'm also a shorty too, 5'0. I can't do another year of yoyo dieting again. I feel like I am too old for it and my body just can't take another weight lost and gain again. I feel optimistic about losing the weight this time around and am determined to do it and make it my last and final diet. It will be a lifelong life style change this time around. No more fad diets no more losing weight at a fast pace where I can't sustain it for long period of time. I've noticed that it's taking a little bit longer even with effort to lose the weight. The weight is not coming off proportionately. My metabolism is not working as fast. I've noticed that many things have changed this time around which makes it a little more difficult, many more obstacles.

I will not give up!! I hope we all can unite and help each other out and beat it this time around. No more excesses. :)
  • kimlynn919
    kimlynn919 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Hi,

This post was inspired by another one I saw for ladies around 5'2". I realised from it that I have a lot longer journal ahead of me than a lot of the 'shorties' on here.

Although I've been a member of MFP for years now I haven't made much progress. I keep starting and saying "no but this time I'm serious" and then letting one bad day slip into a week and so on.

From 1st September I've actually been sticking to it. 3 times a week at the gym and tracking EVERYTHING (even when iIve been bad).

I'm hoping to find some friends on here in similar situations so we can motivate and support each other.

I'm 5'0" and here's my STATS:

SW: 220lbs (NEVER again)
    CW: 188lbs
    GW: 150lbs but I plan on reassessing when (not if) I get there.

I've got a long way to go and have already taken some knocks - last week I was expecting a huge loss and I'd lost...nothing! But I'm not going to let these stop me any more.

Feel free to add me! :)

Hey Hun, Don't feel bad!!! I'm 4'11" and my starting weight was around 260!! Right now, I've lost about 10lbs, and I've got a lot further to go too!!!

Please feel free to add me, I'm sure we can use all the encoragement we can get!! :smile: :smile: :smile:
  • LevyWife
    Options
    I'm 5'1'' with a very athletic frame and just started a little above 200 less than two weeks ago. I've had a lot of success with weight loss in the past but over the years I let the weight come back on and now I'm in big trouble. I live in Florida and I'm 22. very new and looking for lots of friends to share motivation and support with, so feel free to add me :)
  • Allup2Me78
    Allup2Me78 Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    Yaaay-Ladies..5 ft 4 & under I have a new FB page for us-Go check me out & WELCOME!! S.W.S-Shorties Will Succeed If you put it in exactly like that it shld work or www.facebook.com/swstogether
  • RachaelStJ
    RachaelStJ Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Hey there ladies! I'm 5'2" and 168ish right now. I'm hoping to get to my GW of 125 by next summer, with counting calories and upping my gym time. I'm military, so I REALLY need to get back into shape so I can easily pass my PT tests. I've also started getting shin splints from running with all the weight on my little fat legs!

Please feel free to add me, anybody. It really is great to see the sucess, and conquering of struggles, of fellow shorties, knowing that I'm not the only one going through it all!

:drinker:
  • leelo2003
    leelo2003 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    i'm only short as well 5ft 1
    starting weight was 22 stone 8 now 2 weeks later i have lost 12lb and weigh 21 stone 10, i don't do any exercise at the moment i'm concentrating on counting calories and trying to get proper portion sizes into my brain. Have been to the doctors for a referral to the gym and then will start doing some exercise.
    I weigh every meal and log every single thing i put in my mouth even those throat sweets that i hate the taste of.
    My motivation to lose weight is my 25th wedding anniversary next October when my husband and i are going to Cancun and renewing our wedding vows, I never wore a proper wedding dress so i'm aiming on losing about 4 stone by the and hopefully go down from a size 26-28 to a 22 would love to be an 18 but being realistic.
    I haven't set any short time goals yet suppose really i should, Mfp says i should have 2020 calories a day but i tend to stick closer to the 1200. I don't want to lose the weight to quick because i want to keep it off but obviously if i had a magic wand i would wish to be down to a size 14 as quick as possible have no saggy skin and not have to worry what goes in my mouth.
  • Wantingslim
    Options
    4ft 11
  • chelstakencharge
    chelstakencharge Posts: 1,021 Member
    Options
    5 feet right here!!!!!
  • xxmarysmxx
    xxmarysmxx Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    5'0 here may tell you 5'1 on a good day.

SW 200
    CW 184

GOAL.... 130 maybe less.
  • teresa77447
    Options
    So many shorties here! I am 5'0'' and ( 1/2"). I'd love support and to give it!

CW 152
    Gw 116
    UGW 105
  • tonyajohn
    Options
    Height : 5'0"

SW : 144 lbs
    CW : 130 lbs
    GW : 110 - 115 lbs

Feel free to add.
  • kimlynn919
    kimlynn919 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Any of y'all can feel free to add me too...I'm 4'11 and I'm starting out a little higher than most of you, so I got a LONG way to go!! My starting weight was estimated around 260, but i found out a few days later ...

SW=263
    CW=244

GW=150 or less
    UGW= the 130's
This discussion has been closed.