For me, *this* is why WEIGHTS over CARDIO is KEY!

Replies

• Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,897 Member
    Thank you!
  • just read all your posts. I spent a fair amount of last year doing Body for life with BB at home and I loved it. I was also doing their eating program of protein & carb 6x a day. I ended up gaining weight. I realized that I was probably eating too many calories and not increasing my weights enough. Of course that was discouraging and was part of the reason I stopped working out. So fast forward to now...I really miss m Body for Life workout..and have gotten my calories correct by logging on MFP but am not enthused to find the right workout. Find cardio boring and can't get into a routine. I am hopeful now after reading your post that it is time to get back to the weights. Do you think I should start with Body for life since I know it so well. (BTW even though I gained with it, I did see changes in my body..but gave up too quickly.) Would love to hear your input. Thanks!
  • Marymoe138
    Marymoe138 Posts: 68 Member
    Your progress is amazing. Thanks for sharing. This is the motivation to lift the weights even more so now!
  • Beeps2011
    Time already, out a photo on your avatar! I find it soooooo bizarre to spend any of my time communicating with a shadow!
  • NavyWifeTwinMom
    NavyWifeTwinMom Posts: 98 Member
    You look wonderful! I totally agree that free weights are where it's at! Nicely done!
  • Beeps2011
    I will say there seems to be TONS more women doing free weights and heavy lifting, right here on mfp, than there were when I first grazed this site....it's VERY INSPIRATIONAL!

Even at my gym....it used to be "odd" to see women on the free weights side of the gym, but not anymore....at certain times of day, the women are nearly 50% of the population in the weight room! Not quite, but gettin' there....

BOOM1
  • lindssaurus
    lindssaurus Posts: 98 Member
    Bump
  • pigelet
    pigelet Posts: 37 Member
    You look phenom and the transformation is surreal!

Go Weight Lifting! I have finally let go of my Cardio Bunny routines and found am looking forward to super charging my journey.
  • Beeps2011
    Thanks, pigelet!
  • rabbyduby
    rabbyduby Posts: 123 Member
    BUMP
  • rabbyduby
    rabbyduby Posts: 123 Member
    What weights do you start at? how many lbs?
  • TexasDarling09
    TexasDarling09 Posts: 210 Member
    Weights intimidate me SO much. I don't know where to start and I'm too shy to ask anyone at the Gym to help lol but kudos for you!! you look WONDERFUL.
  • ascrit
    ascrit Posts: 770 Member
    Weights intimidate me SO much. I don't know where to start and I'm too shy to ask anyone at the Gym to help lol but kudos for you!! you look WONDERFUL.

Don't be intimidated. I bet most people at your gym would be happy to help you.
  • Beeps2011
    No intimidation necessary! I paid for 10 sessions with a personal trainer, with the express commitment for that personal trainer to walk me through 10 of the NROL4W work-outs. That's it. He watched me move through the moves, without weights, to make sure my form was good. We worked on mind/muscle memory.

The NROL4W text cost me $28. The personal training cost me $560. Best $600 I've ever spent.

I've been working, on my own, through various D-I-Y free weight programs, for over 2 years, now....
  • 93nan
    93nan Posts: 130
    Too read later!
  • mfp2014mfp
    mfp2014mfp Posts: 689 Member
    I was just looking for this thread for some inspiration when someone bumped it up! Amazing results!
  • wendyg311
    wendyg311 Posts: 239 Member
    Thank you! Fantastic! Truly inspirational!!

I was unable to read the entire thread (which is wonderful, but I'm crunched for time), so if I am repeating, I apologize. I got through about half.

I don't hear much about how good lifting is for our BONES.

My friends mother was told she was developing osteoporosis and the recommendation was weight lifting. After a year, she had another bone scan . She still had the original bone damage, however, it had not progressed. I haven't done any research, but I have always heard over the years, lifting is also beneficial for women (along with proper diet) to stave off the damage from osteoporosis.

Has anyone else heard this?
  • SephiraRose
    SephiraRose Posts: 775 Member
    You look fantastic, great work.
  • thatpixichick
    thatpixichick Posts: 77 Member
    Woop, you look amazing!! More women need to learn the benefits of picking *kitten* up and putting it down again :wink:
  • sunshinenjjr
    sunshinenjjr Posts: 137 Member
    Wow!!! You look fantastic. You have been so inspirational to me. I started lifting weights 3 months ago. I can already see a difference. I hope after a year I will have to same results as you. Thanks for posting.:drinker:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!