Pumpkin Muffins (2 ing)

124»

Replies

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    i made these last night with devil's food cake mix and a can of pumpkin and they were disgusting...lol. to be fair I don't like the taste of pumpkin at all...thought i wouldn't be able to taste it.

Well doh...

Trying in a bit with carrot cake mix this time!
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Mmm.
  • chelseascounter
    chelseascounter Posts: 1,283 Member
    Saving for later.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    It says 95 cals per muffin, but what serving size is that? How many muffins did you make from the mix?

I used 1 spice cake mix + 1 - 15 oz can of pumpkin + 1 cup of water ....this made 24 regular** sized cupcakes for me.

**Center of cupcakes came over the top of the liner .....but the sides just approached the top of the liner.

I'm sure the water added to the "volume" of cupcakes produced...... around 90 calories each (varies by brand of cake mix, whatever). Smear on a little light cream cheese.....yummy

Very moist ...store in the fridge is keeping several days.
  • _TastySnoBalls_
    _TastySnoBalls_ Posts: 1,298 Member
    Bump
  • stephenson2012
    stephenson2012 Posts: 94 Member
    Definitely trying these.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Ok it's even better with carrot cake mix. I added a bit of cinnamon too. They have 30 more calories though.
  • d5d14m66
    d5d14m66 Posts: 150 Member
    Gonna make some low-sugar pumpkin cupcakes for my diabetic mom.

Sugar free yellow cake mix, canned pumpkin, dash of pumpkin pie spice and a couple tsp ground flax seeds. Frost with fat-free cream cheese (softened) mixed with Splenda powdered sugar (or sf maple syrup), and top with slivered almonds.
  • _Bajiggity
    _Bajiggity Posts: 100 Member
    those look great, thanks
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    I made these tonight, added white chocolate chips, and they are awesome. I want to make them again with carrot cake mix instead of spice cake, and add some pecans or walnuts.
  • cmkile1003
    cmkile1003 Posts: 256 Member
    Bump
  • Marianna05
    Marianna05 Posts: 67 Member
    off to the grocery store i go!
  • I've been eating this for a long time (with spice cake) and call it pumpkin piecake. Love that stuff.