Worst compliment you've ever gotten.

Replies

• EvelynBfly78
    EvelynBfly78 Posts: 240 Member
    Once a date told me "You have a nice *kitten*. It must be your genes." Not jeans, but genes. Those genes that I got from Mom & Dad.

First & last date with that idiot!
  • Missjulesdid
    Missjulesdid Posts: 1,444 Member
    Drunk guy to my date: " Your girlfriend is really fat but she has nice boobs, I want to touch them"

Old Korean lady: "You lose weight. You not so fat anymore. Before you was soooooooo Fat"
  • River83
    River83 Posts: 10 Member
    I was asked how far along I was when I was gaining weight, then my ex's sister and mother made fun of my weight. Haha jokes on them I managed to lose the weight then they gained twice as much as I did so karma paid them back.
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    I have COMPLETELY forgotten it.
  • _BlueGreyGreen_
    _BlueGreyGreen_ Posts: 943 Member
    "You looked so much better last year". Thanks Mom!
  • AshleyM71
    AshleyM71 Posts: 3,029 Member
    "You look like Janine Garafalo"
  • "You look exactly the same, just bigger"
  • starseed777
    starseed777 Posts: 221 Member
    Old Korean lady: "You lose weight. You not so fat anymore. Before you was soooooooo Fat"
    [/quote]
    Priceless! This made me laugh so hard.
  • Anahita_Swims
    Anahita_Swims Posts: 4,127 Member
    wearying my own clothes for a school trip

miss you look really nice, your actually wearing really cool clothes (it was the surprise in their voice)
  • killervogel5
    killervogel5 Posts: 24 Member
    "You're less fat than you used to be"...

*le sigh*...
  • SrMaggalicious
    SrMaggalicious Posts: 495 Member
    ex-husband: "First time I married for looks, this time I'm married for personality."
  • ChapinaGrande
    ChapinaGrande Posts: 289 Member
    I've dated a few guys who have said almost the same thing. "I've been with a lot of girls. Beautiful, BEAUTIFUL girls. If I wanted a beautiful girl, I'd be with them. But I don't want to be with a beautiful girl. I want you."
  • LazPagz
    LazPagz Posts: 28 Member
    some of these are so harsh!!

my favourites are:

at a recent party and i was wearing a dress and makeup "oh wow, you're actually quite pretty"

and when someone saw a picture of me and my boyfriend on facebook and asked who he was, i told them and they said "oh my god, but he's gorgeous!!!!"

WTF?!!
  • MKEgal
    MKEgal Posts: 3,250 Member
    I think the worst I've got was being called "sturdy"... by a guy I was in bed with at the time.
    "You don't look like you weigh that much."
    I actually take that as a compliment. I look better than I should.
    I've had people argue with me that I'm not fat, or even not overweight.
    i immediately was reminded about how beautiful my wife looked in her dress when we got married 4yrs ago, but i couldn't bring myself to tell her because i was paranoid from reading this thread that my compliment would come across like she USED TO BE so beautiful.
    Try this:
    I remember how gorgeous you were in your wedding dress, and you've only gotten better since then.
    When I was pregnant, my British mother in law said "There she is, fatty, fatty, fatty"
    Seriously?!! Who says that to a pregnant woman.
    Nobody who wants to live. It's dangerous to say anything to a pregnant woman that might upset her. If she doesn't kill you outright, everyone around you will kill you for making her cry. (Which is real easy to do because hormones.)
  • hyg99
    hyg99 Posts: 354 Member
    I was told by a Nigerian colleague "you look very fat today", apparently a compliment as in her culture being fat makes you well off. She didn't get a Christmas card.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Any & all compliments on being a redhead when I had what I felt was very obviously dyed red hair.

I don't know why that is SUCH an annoying thing to me. I love red hair on both men & women, and married a (real) redhead guy. But for some reason it makes me nuts when people DYE their hair red and then make comments about having a fiery temper because of their red hair and stuff like that. I went back to brunette partly for that reason!
  • kimnsc
    kimnsc Posts: 560 Member
    From a former coworker that I hadn't seen in several years "You used to be so attractive before you got huge".....Ummmm thanks...