SHARKS TEAM PAGE

Options

Replies

• fang19423
    fang19423 Posts: 1,407 Member
    Options
    @Ali - hope your daughter is feeling better today :flowerforyou: Regarding the reps, I say go with counting them as new core reps. I am so impressed that you are almost fully through ripped in 30 ... I have not tried it yet. Well done you.

My Tuesday stats are below:

#1 60 mins (Biggest loser power walk & circuit training) / 639 cals (30 min work out still to go / calorie burn requirement met)
    #2 15 mins HIIT today (15 mins HIIT x 2 days still required)
    #3 Goal Stretch - 5 mins today (5 mins x2 days still to do)
    #4 REPS - 30 new core reps done: Waist clinchers each side & 40 sit ups done. (All NEW core reps done, 35 full sit ups still to do)
    #5 EM's for bonus points - will add these later.

SPREADSHEET UPDATED TO HERE.
  • fang19423
    Options
    And my encouragement for today ...

Just keep going ..... sometimes you just have to suck it up and lay your own road to success ...

Few7Bns.jpg
  • nonnalynn
    nonnalynn Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    My laptop is back! AND my phone! I am A SHARK again!!! You guys ROCK!!!! Hope I can add to your numbers this week....shoveling snow may not lend itself to HIIT, but I know I got a workout...and it's gonna snow all day again today! YAY!

I logged on this morning like a kid on Christmas to see the "new" challenge. And the top status on my homepage said, "nonnalynn has logged in for 225 days in a row!" HAHA (I usually erase them except for multiples of 50...) myfitnesspal is my homepage, and each time my parents used the internet on my computer, it logged me in! I chuckled and THEN I saw my pink shark avatar next to several posts...I thought "WHAT?!? Did my mother comment on my pals successes?!?!" LOL. Myfitnesspal went and changed up my newsfeed while I was gone.

I will post my progress later today, but I wanted to express my feelings on your awesomeness.....
    zQoGlT2.gif

and my feelings on being eliminated against my will...
    ZNDfohs.gif
  • FindingSamMon
    FindingSamMon Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    Monday Stats:
    #1 - 45 minutes Turbo Jam - 526 Calories burned
    #2 - HIIT - 15 minutes done
    #3 Goal Stretch - 10 minutes done (this is the easiest part of the challenge for me)
    #4 REPS - 50 new core reps done (still experimenting with reverse plank moves), 25 sit ups done
    #5 EM's for bonus points - While collecting the garbage for garbage day, I collected from a room and walked it to the main spot one bin at a time (normally I do all the rooms on one floor and carry it all down or up at one time)...I hope that makes some sense, I haven't finished my coffee yet.
  • jaajh
    jaajh Posts: 1,262 Member
    Options
    My encouragement for today:

5KYMNGk.jpg

You are ALL people who wake up and work hard! KEEP GOING!
  • jaajh
    Options
    Monday Stats:
    #1 - 45 minutes Turbo Jam - 526 Calories burned
    #2 - HIIT - 15 minutes done
    #3 Goal Stretch - 10 minutes done (this is the easiest part of the challenge for me)
    #4 REPS - 50 new core reps done (still experimenting with reverse plank moves), 25 sit ups done
    #5 EM's for bonus points - While collecting the garbage for garbage day, I collected from a room and walked it to the main spot one bin at a time (normally I do all the rooms on one floor and carry it all down or up at one time)...I hope that makes some sense, I haven't finished my coffee yet.

Great EMs Samantha! And yes you make sense even before you finish your coffee :laugh: One question though - how long did it take you to do it. 5 minutes? 10? We need to note on the chart how many minutes - you get 5 points for every 5 consecutive minutes of EMs (and everyone NEEDS to get AT LEAST 15 minutes in this week). I have added the rest to the chart, and will add your EM minutes when you let me know how many.

Nothing on Sunday, I presume.
  • FindingSamMon
    FindingSamMon Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    Nothing Sunday, I think it took me about 10-15 minutes....Let's say 10 minutes.
  • jaajh
    Options
    Thanks! I'll enter that.
  • pamcuster
    pamcuster Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    My laptop is back! AND my phone! I am A SHARK again!!! You guys ROCK!!!! Hope I can add to your numbers this week....shoveling snow may not lend itself to HIIT, but I know I got a workout...and it's gonna snow all day again today! YAY!

I logged on this morning like a kid on Christmas to see the "new" challenge. And the top status on my homepage said, "nonnalynn has logged in for 225 days in a row!" HAHA (I usually erase them except for multiples of 50...) myfitnesspal is my homepage, and each time my parents used the internet on my computer, it logged me in! I chuckled and THEN I saw my pink shark avatar next to several posts...I thought "WHAT?!? Did my mother comment on my pals successes?!?!" LOL. Myfitnesspal went and changed up my newsfeed while I was gone.

I will post my progress later today, but I wanted to express my feelings on your awesomeness.....
    zQoGlT2.gif

and my feelings on being eliminated against my will...
    ZNDfohs.gif

You're funny! I like your tantrum girl...

and I LOVE how close we are to the finish line!

and to change the subject, I forgot to report my yoga from Sunday...60 minutes - 254 calories.
  • pamcuster
    Options
    Thought for the day:

If you want something you've never had, you have to do something you've never done!

(Sounds simple enough, huh?!) :laugh:
  • barkingbetty
    barkingbetty Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Yay Nonnalynn! So glad you are back, and I LOVE your tantrum girl :laugh:

Thanks, Pam, for answering my questions :smile:

Here is today's inspiration:

Life is a song - sing it.
    Life is a game - play it.
    Life is a challenge - meet it.
    Life is a dream - realize it.
    Life is a sacrifice - offer it.
    Life is love - enjoy it.:flowerforyou:

Have a great day!
  • pamcuster
    Options
    Tuesday:

workout: 60 min (35 min circuit; 25 min with Leslie)...386 calories
    HIIT: 15 min
    stretch: 5 min
    new core reps: 75
    sit-ups: 50
    EM: 15 min (5 each - HIIT, rebounding, arm reps)

...and I am worn out!

edit: I always forget to say that I put my stuff on the chart!
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    Sharks we are coming for ya!!!!! You better be MOVING it!!!!!
  • fang19423
    Options
    Sharks we are coming for ya!!!!! You better be MOVING it!!!!!

Dream on Verda :bigsmile:

@ Donna, it is great to have you back .... we missed you :drinker:

My encouragement for today:

"Failure doesn't come from falling down, it comes from not getting up" - so get up and keep going Sharks.

Also my good MFP friend posted this yesterday to me and I thought it was just great:

Hang tough ...
    The storms will come and the winds will rise and the gusts will threaten to pull you from your roots. Let the winds come, let them rage, and know that you will not break in the breeze, you will bend. Bend. Always bend because you are made of more strength than you know, because you are better than the breaking ... Tyler Knott Gregson

And my EM's for yesterday Did a 30 minute walk separate to workouts, just to clock up some minutes - so 30 EM's for Tuesday.
  • fang19423
    Options
    My Wednesday stats are below:

#1 30 mins (Circuit training) / 297 cals (All w/o's done/ calorie burn requirement met)
    #2 15 mins HIIT today (15 mins HIIT x 1 days still required)
    #3 Goal Stretch - 5 mins today (5 mins x1 days still to do)
    #4 REPS - 40 sit ups done. (All NEW core reps done, All s/u's done)
    #5 EM's for bonus points - will add these later.
    SPREADSHEET UPDATED TO HERE (just mine - Ali and Pam are so darn efficient :flowerforyou: )
  • jaajh
    Options
    Great work everyone!

Here is my TUESDAY:

WORKOUT: 60 minutes (40 minutes circuits and 20 minutes aerobics)
    Calories burned: 736
    (90 minutes still to go.)

REPS: 50 full sit-ups; no new core reps today.
    (All sit-ups done. Still need 75 new core reps.)

STRETCHING: 8 minutes done (I got carried away :noway: :laugh: )

HIIT: yes, 15 minutes today
    (2 more lots to go)

EM: Filled the water filter with a small cup and squatted each time I went to fill the cup up from the bucket. However, since this only took about 3 minutes, I then had to do more squats and some jumping jacks to make it up to 5 minutes! :huh: However, 5 minutes EM done!

SPREADSHEET UPDATED TO HERE (just mine!)
  • pamcuster
    Options
    My support for today:

TOM has arrived with a vengeance! (just in time to cause issues with my weigh-in!)
    My head is *trying* to hurt, my back hurts, my stomach hurts, I'm nearly homicidal...and I have a million things to do!
    So, if you are dragging today or feel down or just don't have any energy...know that you probably still feel better than me!
    :laugh: :sad:
  • jaajh
    Options
    Sorry to hear you are struggling Pam :flowerforyou: Hang in there girl ... it will pass and tomorrow can only be better :love:

I have been struggling this week with my inability to STOP snacking :sad: So when I read the following quote a friend had sent me, it made me smile. Another one from Winston Churchill (well, I'm British!!!)

"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm."
    – Sir Winston Churchill

I seem to fail daily during my mid-afternoon slump (although it was this morning the snack bug got me today :noway: I'm normally fine in the mornings!) Trying REALLY hard to go NOWHERE near a biscuit tin this afternoon :huh: And I WILL keep on going ... "with no loss of enthusiam":bigsmile:

So let's all hang in there and KEEP ON GOING!! On that note, I am off to smack talk on some other team's page (that will occupy me a little while longer :laugh: )
  • pamcuster
    Options
    Thanks, Ali!

I don't guess Churchill was trying to be a comedian, but that quote struck me as funny! (possibly because if I don't laugh, I may cry today!)

At any rate, you're right...we *WILL* "hang in there and KEEP ON GOING!"

:heart: I love you guys! :heart:
  • fang19423
    Options
    Hope you are feeling better Pam :flowerforyou:

Just adding my Em's for today - walked to the post office - 15 mins = 15 points. Ran up and down stairs for 5 mins = 5 points (it nearly killed me though). Total 20 points.