SHARKS TEAM PAGE

Replies

• pamcuster
    pamcuster Posts: 770 Member
    We have such a GREAT team! I *love* that we have sooooo many posts, because it means that we communicate a lot with each other! I'm sure that contributes to our success!

Saturday AM:

workout: 35 min yoga...145 calories
    stretch: 5 min
    HIIT: 15 min

I put my stuff on the chart...boy, I just made that minimum calorie burn by the hair of my chinny-chin-chin!
  • kvonjohn
    kvonjohn Posts: 569 Member
    I'm a little confused as to what to do. So still not believing the scale this morning I had my kids to step on and see if it was accurate for them. Then I put two 5 lb. hand weights on the scale by themselves. Guess what it said...10.0. So the scale is right? And I really did weigh in @171? I don't know what to think, do, or believe. Yesterday morning it said 177.0. Thoughts?
  • barkingbetty
    barkingbetty Posts: 347 Member
    We are on our third SHARK page - I'm with you, Pam. I love the shared inspiration and communication that goes on with us.
    I :heart: my fellow Sharks!! :wink:

I am pretty sore today, but I managed to do the following:

5 minutes stretching (LOVE this now)
    20 minutes extra motion (taking laundry in small loads up/down stairs, marching in place and dancing to some new songs (thank goodness no one could see me :laugh:

Here is an inspirational quote for some extra encouragement right now :smile:
    Continuous, unflagging effort, persistence and determination will win. Let not the man be discouraged who has these.
    James Whitcomb Riley
  • pamcuster
    I'm a little confused as to what to do. So still not believing the scale this morning I had my kids to step on and see if it was accurate for them. Then I put two 5 lb. hand weights on the scale by themselves. Guess what it said...10.0. So the scale is right? And I really did weigh in @171? I don't know what to think, do, or believe. Yesterday morning it said 177.0. Thoughts?

Here's my input, for what it's worth...

If you've checked the scale and know it's right, that's all you can do! I say go with it...
    Two weeks ago, I weighed 120.2; this morning, 113...that's 7.2 pounds, and weight is *supposed* to come off slower when we get closer to our goal weight. I've read lots of times on this site that "weight loss is not linear," meaning that (even if we are consistent with our diet and exercise,) we don't necessarily lose one pound every week (or whatever.) We may *average* a pound a week, but it may be spread over a few week's time...as in nothing for a while and then -boom- a few pounds at once. I don't know why, but like I said, if you're sure you're scale is right, that seems to be what's happening here. Also, of course, there could be water retention issues and other physical factors that just come together for you one week to make a *magical* number on the scale...
    Now, I'm seriously rambling...
    Somebody else shut me up and say something!

edit- (I *can't* shut up!) The thing I hate is heading into *next* week's weigh-in after a particularly good week! I am convinced all week that I will show a gain next time! But usually that helps me to do good with my eating and exercise!

and another thing...Earlier, I put 35 min and 145 calories in for my yoga, but I forgot that I had to cut it short...it was 30 min and 124 calories. I changed it on the chart.
  • kvonjohn
    The thing I hate is heading into *next* week's weigh-in after a particularly good week! I am convinced all week that I will show a gain next time!

Exactly!!!! Oh :tongue: I'll just be happy!!:love:
  • kvonjohn
    strong-quotes-4_thumb_zps0055ebb3.jpg
  • jaajh
    jaajh Posts: 1,262 Member
    strong-quotes-4_thumb_zps0055ebb3.jpg

I came on here to post big congratulations to our fabulous Sharks team! (And will do that in a bit :happy: ) However, this post of Kristie's just stopped me in my tracks (and, I admit, made me cry). I slept really badly last night, with all sorts of things going round in my head. Yes the weigh-in was not helpful for my good humour, but there is so much other stress going on right now. SERIOUSLY considered whether I should drop out of this challenge. On the one hand, I am adding in a stress to my otherwise already stressful situation right now, but on the other hand, this challenge does give me something which I can focus on - something that I can have some control over (unless you count the snacking side of things, where I clearly have not yet mastered the idea of control :laugh: )

This morning, Sheri's encouragements in this week's challenge helped. The fact that this week's challenge IS a little easier, helped, and the fact that YOU are all so awesome and I'd miss you if I backed out DEFINITELY helped ... but Kristie, this quote pushed it for me. I AM going to hold it all together and try to keep going - at least for now. BUT I am going to also go a little easier on myself. No more pushing myself for max. points :happy: I was on target for another max this week, but today I "just" did a 30 minute circuits workout and I am NOT going to do 30 more minutes. I need to break that cycle of aiming for perfection ... and it has to start now. :frown:

Sorry I am going on! You are all amazing. So glad I am part of this team.

And since I know that several of you are praying ladies, can I just share one of my major stresses right now with you? It has nothing to do with the challenge or weight loss, but I feel I can share with you all. If you remember, please pray for the situation here in Mali. Not sure how much you know about our country, but we've gone through some tough times in recent years. Things are getting very heated again in the north, and that makes me nervous. Today it is the second round of legislative elections. Please pray it all goes peacefully. Over the past few weeks, we have been warned to be even more careful than usual with security (hence I haven't been outside running recently) and while it is nothing like as bad as the situation was last year when we had to evacuate for 2 months, or even earlier this year when 2/3 of the country was under Al-Qaeda control, it is still stressful. I am incredibly glad we ARE planning to move back to UK in July, but please be praying it would all stay peaceful (at least until then - that is selfish I know!!!!) and that the kids can finish school, we can hand over projects well, etc.

Again, sorry I have waffled! Glad I can share with you guys :flowerforyou: :heart:
  • jaajh
    And I almost forgot this:

C O N G R A T U L A T I O N S S H A R K S :love: :heart:

We won those extra points for the team! AND top two places for weight loss - way to go Kristie and Pam (and Kristie, that was with your higher weight loss in! Keep off ALL the weight and you're already looking good for next week :happy: )

So very sad that we had to lose Samantha :sad: :cry: :sad: PLEASE stay with us! Keep doing the challenge and keep encouarging us too. We really would miss you if you went. :flowerforyou:

So thankful this week is a little easier. Here is the summary:

NOTE - THIS WEEK'S CHALLENGE ONLY RUNS MONDAY TO 10 AM FRIDAY. (Although since it was posted late, if you want to count a Sunday workout, you can.)

#1 Workout:

a) 160 minutes over at least 3 days. And 1500 calories burned minimum. AND
    b) 2 miles straight walking/jogging/running. Don't count calories here. CAN count Walk Away The Pounds for this.
    c) IF you add in a 4th day and hit max. 210 minutes (NOT including the miles) you get 20 bonus points

#2 Stretching: 8 minutes on 3 days. (Note 8 not 5 this week!)

#3 Reps: 250 of any you like :love: Must be at least 25 of one exercise to count.

#4 Personal: Help Each Other
    Posted on the main challenge page is a list of people's hurdles. Post some of the tricks that have worked for you to encourage/inspire someone else.

LET'S GO SHARKS! WE CAN DO THIS!
  • jaajh
    VQF3PtR.jpg
  • barkingbetty
    barkingbetty Posts: 347 Member
    Way to go Sharks! There is some serious weight loss going on - so impressive :laugh: I LOVE :heart: the inspirations that have been posted lately!!

Ali, I will definitely pray for your family and the situation in Mali. :flowerforyou: I hope that things stay smooth during the rest of your time there, and I hate to hear about the difficult times that are going on there. I'm glad that you are not going to drop out of the challenge too! You are such an inspiration!

Sorry to hear that we lost Samantha :cry: I know that we are getting down to the last few weeks here, and I hope that all who get eliminated will continue with us. I will definitely keep on going when my time comes to be eliminated!

SO glad that this will be a short, light week too! Have a wonderful day and fabulous week, Sharks!!
  • pamcuster
    SHARKS ARE NUMBER ONE!!!

Let's finish out this last three weeks strong!

Here's my Sunday:

workout: 60 minutes with Leslie...333 calories
    reps: 100
  • kvonjohn
    Wow! @Ali- you are strong enough and I totally understand that perfectionist attitude. I deal with it too and sometimes I have to rein it in and control it and not let it control me. Life is stressful, but it's how we choose to deal with the stress that determines what effect it has on us. You have been a rock this entire challenge, never failing to inspire and motivate.:glasses: You can hold it all together. Even if you can't do it perfectly:smooched: I'll be praying for you too :flowerforyou:

We are the top team and have the most team members left so a Shark has to win this thing! We can do it!!
    SO glad that this will be a short, light week too!

^^This. Definitely this!
  • pamcuster
    I forgot, I wanted to let you guys know...We leave tomorrow for our 12-day trip to GA and FL to visit family for the holidays. I wrote and asked Sheri about temporarily amending my good/bad habits because they were not attainable while traveling. (I can't take my piano or painting supplies, and I can't be in bed before 9:30!) The temporary (2 week) adjustments are as follows:
    1) I'll be spending 30 minutes on 5/7 days working on organizational stuff for my home and business (homeschool stuff, menu & cleaning schedule, soap business stuff, diet/fitness maintenance plan...) These are some things that I have been intending to devote some time to; now maybe with challenge points as motivation, I can get it done!
    2) Since we normally don't go to bed before midnight while on this trip, my goal will be to get in bed by 11pm.

This doesn't really change anything; I just thought I'd keep you all informed of what I'm doing! Wish me luck at getting in all the requirements while on the road and visiting! (And of course, keeping my eating in check during family meals and eating out!)

Best of luck to all of you this week too...BIG NUMBERS - we don't wanna lose any more Sharks!

:heart:
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Back at ya Shark's (Pam):wink: !

:smooched: There's my 'smack' to you guys this week!

Have a GREAT week!
  • FindingSamMon
    FindingSamMon Posts: 774 Member
    Hey Ladies!

I knew this was my week to give up the ghost so to speak so no surprise there. I will be continuing on with the challenge though. The last couple of weeks have been really bad for me food wise and I'm struggling but not giving up.

Congratulations to you all, not just for being the number one team, but for being so supportive and just an all around wonderful group.

Ali - I will definitely be praying for peace through this difficult time and I'm glad you won't be leaving the challenge. It would not be the same without you.

I feel it in the air, a SHARK will be winning this challenge!
  • jaajh
    Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers! You are all fabulous :heart: Election yesterday went peacefully. Bomb in one of the towns in the north the day before (which seriously injured many and killed 2 UN peacekeepers) but nothing happened yesterday to disturb the vote. Not a great turnout though. Keep praying for peace and resolution to the crisis.

I haven't added your numbers to the chart, Pam, because week 11 doesn't seem to be finalised yet (it still shows HIIT and the reps we needed to do last week, so not sure where to put your fabulous 100 reps!) I am sure Sheri will get to that soon.

In the meantime I found this today, which made me laugh. Possibly a tip for the snacking problem? I might post it on the main page to give everyone a smile!

gBfvSs9.jpg

However, I am sure we can do this without resorting to superglue (says she hopefully :laugh: )

Have a wonderful week Sharks!
  • hypallage
    hypallage Posts: 624 Member
    losingweightishard.jpg
  • fang19423
    fang19423 Posts: 1,407 Member
    Sunday
    #1 Workout:
    a) 48 mins HIIT / 486 cals (112 mins still to go & 1014 calls still to burn)
    b) zero miles (2 miles still to go)
    c) (Note IF you add in a 4th day and hit max. 210 minutes (NOT including the miles) you get 20 bonus points)
    #2 Stretching: zero done (8 mins x3 days to do)
    #3 Reps: zero done (250 reps still to do)
    #4 Personal: Help Each Other - have not posted on the main challenge page yet

Monday
    #1 Workout:
    a) 32 mins HIIT & circuit training/ 328 cals (80 mins still to go & 686 calls still to burn)
    b) zero miles (2 miles still to go)
    c) (Note IF you add in a 4th day and hit max. 210 minutes (NOT including the miles) you get 20 bonus points)
    #2 Stretching: 8 mins done (8 mins x2 days to do)
    #3 Reps: 276 done including j/rope, skaters, triceps, p/ups, squat kicks, waist clinchers, ab leg raises, mountain climbers, s/ups.(all required done)
    #4 Personal: Help Each Other - have not posted on the main challenge page yet

And my encouragement for today .. "Do something today that your future self will thank you for".

All the sharks are doing extremely well ... so proud to be on this team.

Ali keep strong ... will keep, you your family and Mali in my prayers.:flowerforyou:

SPREADSHEET UPDATED TO HERE
  • jaajh
    I am feeling a little more positive today - TOM arrived this morning, so that might partly explain why I was also feeling so negative these past few days. (And may even explain some of my weight gain last week :bigsmile: Although I can't totally deny any of my own fault there:blushing: )

I really appreciated all your encouragements and prayers though. THANK YOU! :flowerforyou:

OK, here are my stats:

SUNDAY:

Workout: 30 minutes circuit training (130 minutes to go)
    Calories burned: 312 (1188 calories to go)

Reps: none (250 to go)

Stretching: none (3 x 8 minutes to do)

MONDAY:

Workout: 30 minutes circuit training (100 minutes to go)
    Calories burned: 312 (876 calories to go)
    ALSO did my 2 mile walk - 2 fast miles with Leslie Sansone

REPS: 25 sit-ups and 25 reverse curls (200 to go)

STRETCHING: Did 8 minutes (2 x 8 minutes to go)

PERSONAL: Posted a snacking tip (now just need to follow it! :laugh: Worked for today :bigsmile: )

And points for last week (normal ones - I have posted all our EMs to the chart already):

Water - 35 (7/7 days)
    Sodium - 35 (7/7 days)
    Exercise - 55 (5 x 60 minutes, 1 x 30 minutes, and a day off)
    Bad habit - success - 25 points
    Good habit - success - 25 points
    Encouragement - 7
    Smack talk (Wolverines) - 5
    Total: 187

SPREADSHEET UPDATED TO HERE! (Just mine - thanks Mary!)
  • pamcuster
    I forgot about my points yesterday...total 102.

I can't look for a wonderful quote right now...on my son's iPad with limited time...but I'm thinking of you all and wishing you the best this week! I had a bad start yesterday...but today's a new day!