Any one 5'4" and weighs abt 165lbs?need some inspiration

Options
13»

Replies

• litsy3
    litsy3 Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    Just posting to save for later as I may be able to dig up some pictures. I am 5'4 and used to weigh somewhere around 165lb, then lost about 35-40lb a few years ago, probably over about four months or so, and maintained it for ages. I wasn't on MFP then so I did it with a low(er) carb diet, but actually I think it would have been similar as I used to eat way more starchy carbs than I needed. So it wasn't demonising one food group, it was just getting back to normal portion sizes.

Now I'm 116lb but that's a different story.
  • Amanda_Gx6
    Amanda_Gx6 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I am about 5'3" and I started at 164 lbs. I've lost about 16. I exercise 3-4 days a week at least an hour per session. Lately I've been doing a lot of HIIT workouts on the elliptical and the treadmill. Weight lifting is also part of my "routine". But mainly its been cutting down/cutting out a lot of processed things and carbs. I try to only eat one serving of bread/grains per day. Its hard work but seeing progress is definitely a force to keep you going.
  • Miss_james1990
    Miss_james1990 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2 and about 160 add me if you like x
  • tinabruckschen98
    tinabruckschen98 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    litsy3 wrote: »
    Just posting to save for later as I may be able to dig up some pictures. I am 5'4 and used to weigh somewhere around 165lb, then lost about 35-40lb a few years ago, probably over about four months or so, and maintained it for ages. I wasn't on MFP then so I did it with a low(er) carb diet, but actually I think it would have been similar as I used to eat way more starchy carbs than I needed. So it wasn't demonising one food group, it was just getting back to normal portion sizes.

Now I'm 116lb but that's a different story.

• tinabruckschen98
    tinabruckschen98 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I started my journey last November. I got up to 200 lbs. I was very unhappy . I made changes. I moved south. I heard so many good things about the Keto diet. But I couldnt stay away from full fledge carbs
    So I limit my carb. I give myself more veg and fruit and protein. I used to drink a lot of Pepsi a day. I dont drink that anymore. I drink 3/4 water and 1/4 diet cranberry. Every morning I do aerobics with the video of Leslie Sansone. I take that half an hour strictly for me. I am down to 165. I have 30 more pounds to go. I am noticing I have slowed down. If anyone has any suggestions. I would really like that.
  • xxzenabxx
    xxzenabxx Posts: 935 Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    This thread just fits my stats too! I’m 5’ 4” and 158lbs. I started at 164lbs in September and I’ve lost 6 lbs. I haven’t lost anything for the past 3 weeks and I’m starting to get discouraged. It’s hard with the scale. I’m eating a lot though. 1950/2000 calories on exercise days. Target is 129lbs.
  • Hollis100
    Hollis100 Posts: 1,408 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3.5 and started in mid-July at 173 pounds. I'm down to 148 now at the end of October. I'm a vegetarian and eat a lot of vegetables, fruit, and protein. I'm never hungry and enjoy what I'm eating.

Planning my meals and keeping food I want to eat on hand is essential -- I've saved thousands of calories by taking my lunch and snacks to work instead of eating takeout or grabbing a bag of potato chips and a candy bar. I take a walk every day for exercise.
  • audreypawdrey
    audreypawdrey Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    iullv0ueg6p8.jpeg
    9mnqnjtbf0xn.jpeg

I am 5’4”. I just took pictures this morning! I started my journey on Feb. 10, 2019 and went from 169 to 134. I would like to lose another 9 lbs. I have two kids born in 2009 and 2012. I eat around 1500 calories a day. I walk 3.15 miles every morning, go to Buti yoga 3 x a week, and started doing the elliptical 30 minutes a day again this week. I was great about using it five times a week from February to May.
  • bear2303
    bear2303 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    eobwct3fju8q.jpeg
    I’m 5’ 3 and started at about 179 currently at 138
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!