Cucumber Sandwiches

Replies

• jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    I'm really curious why people are jumping all over this recipe for. Some of the comments here are just really rude and mean. She is just sharing a recipe. You like it or you don't. But there is no need to ridicule it.

To the op. I want to say, I read you profile and felt just so inspired by your attitude towards what life has dealt you and your incredibly positive attitude. :happy: :heart:

I don't remember seeing anything vicious when I read through this thread earlier today. I vaguely recall reading some stuff that made me laugh though.

Maybe I just forgot the venomous vitriol. I guess I could put on my super-sensitive glasses and read through it again to try to see what you're seeing...but nah.
  • FitCanuckChick
    FitCanuckChick Posts: 240 Member
    Really??? So many people are making fun of the recipe. She feels it. Read her posts. What is the point in making fun of it.
  • jofjltncb6
    Geesh, now I feel bad...it looks like I was the meanest of them all back on page two where I commented on an entire post without any periods...which was funny *to me* because I'm the guy who overuses ellipses.

I certainly meant no ill will...

...but I still believe the problem here is more of over-sensitivity than it is in viciousness.

ETA: Here's a flower: :flowerforyou:
  • FitCanuckChick
    Geesh, now I feel bad...it looks like I was the meanest of them all back on page two where I commented on an entire post without any periods...which was funny *to me* because I'm the guy who overuses ellipses.

I certainly meant no ill will...

...but I still believe the problem here is more of over-sensitivity than it is in viciousness.

ETA: Here's a flower: :flowerforyou:

I am not targeting you specifically. And it is not about sensitivity. There is just no point in making fun of a recipe...no point at all. Perhaps making suggestions. But not making fun of it. I looked at your profile just to see your age. I'm 38 so I know we both grew up in the age before Internet and social media. Maybe I am old school - if you wouldn't say something to my face then don't say it on a forum. And when I say you, I don't mean you, I mean people in general.
  • genius! I am defiantly doing this. Thank you. :smile:
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    I'm really curious why people are jumping all over this recipe for. Some of the comments here are just really rude and mean. She is just sharing a recipe. You like it or you don't. But there is no need to ridicule it.

To the op. I want to say, I read you profile and felt just so inspired by your attitude towards what life has dealt you and your incredibly positive attitude. :happy: :heart:

I think you need to lighten up ..

Yes, some of us, myself included, had some fun with it...

I prefer cucumbers with some oil and vinegar ...and honestly the one picture just did not look so good to me..but no one was mean ..geez ...
  • ndj1979

I prefer cucumbers with some oil and vinegar ...and honestly the one picture just did not look so good to me..but no one was mean ..geez ...
  • MaiLinna
    MaiLinna Posts: 580 Member
    Okay not posting any of my ideas/tips anymore. Somehow, someone, always makes me feel like crap for "never using periods" or "being afraid of carbs" just trying to share my thoughts.

Grow a thicker hide bro. Try playing the Jungle and see what happens.
  • ndj1979

• SkinneyGirl28
    SkinneyGirl28 Posts: 145 Member
    Try hummus
  • ndj1979

• FitCanuckChick

I guess that's my perception.

And hopefully I will lighten up. Weight wise...
  • RivenV
    RivenV Posts: 1,667 Member

I'm not sure what you mean by "jumping all over" the recipe. If you read rudeness and/or mean-ness into those posts, that's all on you. There was some ribbing, but I doubt any of it was meant maliciously.

There is no need to be upset.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Looks yummy. would be great to bring to a party.

ignore the stupid comments. Every thread that suggests a substitution for bread/wheat/flour gets mocked to some degree.

Thanks OP.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    I love carbs...but these are so much cuter than bread!
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,474 Member
    yum, my daughter loves these.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    love this! i want to make tuna salad and top cucumber slices with it!

Sounds awesome! =D
  • goldarae
    goldarae Posts: 85 Member
    yummmm I want to try this immediately!
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    How am I supposed to slather mayo, ranch dressing, or buffalo sauce all over cucumber?
  • jofjltncb6
    How am I supposed to slather mayo, ranch dressing, or buffalo sauce all over cucumber?

Hollow it out/remove the seeds. Fill w/ appropriate condiments. Eat.

You're welcome.