What is the secret?

2»

Replies

• SkimFlatWhite68
    SkimFlatWhite68 Posts: 1,254 Member
    This is a great thread, OP you can do this :)

I am just starting maintenance and also a bit concerned about it. I heard that it can take your body half the time to reach a comfortable maintenance level that it spent dieting - so for me that might mean a few months.

The last few weeks I have been accidentally calorie cycling days, and been maintaining. I think it's a good strategy to log everything during the week and have a moderate deficit and then leave the weekends free for a splurge meal. I'm going to increase my calories gradually every week until I get to my maintenance level TDEE and see how it goes.

I don't weigh myself much any more, but if I did, it wouldn't be on a Monday!! I think the best day to weigh yourself would be the morning of your day "off" or Friday if you are going to have a "free" Saturday or the whole weekend. Why punish yourself every Monday morning, the scale is more than likely to go up - I don't see that as being productive. Go by the way that your clothes fit and what you see in the mirror. If things start getting tight, then drop back calories slightly for a week or two.

Shannon, wow, great advice. Thank you. I can't see myself stopping logging just yet, but would like to get to the stage where I might do what you are doing. It's a really good idea to have some "free" days.