Females only - lifting/weight training results?

Replies

• arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    ared10 wrote: »
    arditarose you look amazing!!!!!! if you don't mind me asking what is your calorie goal is when you are cutting? I lift heavy weights 4-5 times a week (compound lifts) and although I feel like I am putting in the work the scales will not budge in almost 18 months despite eating 1500 calories and weighting (on a food scales) all my food and tracking everything!

Okay...If I need to cut I drop to 1400 during the week, then eat a little more on a Saturday (I cannot deficit on the weekend), so I get an average of about 1500. Sometimes I get more aggressive honestly, then bring calories back up. It takes a lot of patience and time for me to lose weight. I hold onto a lot of water around ovulation, and it sticks around and increases before and during my period. I really only get an accurate weigh in once per month.

If your weight has not budged in 18 months you need to lower your calories, unfortunately. You can also try increasing NEAT. I got a fitbit and it kind of helps me move a bit more and is increasing my calorie ceiling a little.
  • ared10
    ared10 Posts: 5 Member
    Thank you for your quick response. It definitely looks like I will have to scale my calories back and monitor what happens. I have also decided to come off the pill after being on it for over a decade, as I want to give my body a break from hormones, so I am hoping this may inadvertently help with water retention!

Would you do much cardio or is it just naturally built into your day - I ask as I am sitting most of the day (i commute to work 1hr 20 mins each way) and have a desk job. I go walking at lunch time just to get fresh air and to move!
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    ared10 wrote: »
    Thank you for your quick response. It definitely looks like I will have to scale my calories back and monitor what happens. I have also decided to come off the pill after being on it for over a decade, as I want to give my body a break from hormones, so I am hoping this may inadvertently help with water retention!

Would you do much cardio or is it just naturally built into your day - I ask as I am sitting most of the day (i commute to work 1hr 20 mins each way) and have a desk job. I go walking at lunch time just to get fresh air and to move!

When I was larger I did a bit of cardio. Now I really try to get away without it. I try to do some but just hate it so much. I hit an average of 12-14k steps per day.
  • JennylovesKarl
    JennylovesKarl Posts: 18 Member
    I needed this inspiration tonight!!
  • hrod215
    hrod215 Posts: 163 Member
    BUMP BUMP BUMP!!! Love all the pics. I started SL 5x5 and I've kinda hit a stall with my overhead press. Going to take the fractional weights advice and see if I can power through. Other than that, I'm loving my new found muscles. Strength is definitely a sexy thing to have.
  • caroannv
    caroannv Posts: 40 Member
    Bump
  • momofamadhouse
    momofamadhouse Posts: 197 Member
    bumping for moooooooore
  • dcresider
    dcresider Posts: 1,272 Member
    bumping again.
  • Welcome2theHellmouth
    Welcome2theHellmouth Posts: 206 Member
    Bumping!
  • kperk91
    kperk91 Posts: 226 Member
    bump!
  • Kerryatoon
    Kerryatoon Posts: 374 Member
    edited June 2016
    @mom23mangos wow! great results on your cut. Nice! Were you at 1300 cals that whole 4 months? What percent of your TDEE was that? I'm asking because I'm looking to cut eventually and seeing how others have done it. Thanks!
  • mom23mangos
    mom23mangos Posts: 3,070 Member
    Thanks @Keladelphia and @Kerryatoon!
    Kerryatoon wrote: »
    @mom23mangos wow! great results on your cut. Nice! Were you at 1300 cals that whole 4 months? What percent of your TDEE was that? I'm asking because I'm looking to cut eventually and seeing how others have done it. Thanks!

No, I cut for 3 months and have been at maintenance for 2. Those pics were around the 4 month mark. I ate around 1200 six days a week with one free day for the three months. My best guess of my TDEE is 1800. After I hit maintenance, I kept it at 1200 during the week and ate what I wanted on the weekend (with logging). I did this for a month. This past month, I've upped my weekday calories to 1300 and still eat what I want on the weekends without logging. So far, my weight has been holding pretty steady. I've got a little water retention from too much sodium.
  • rebeccaEsmith
    rebeccaEsmith Posts: 1,136 Member
    Bump
  • grapaj
    grapaj Posts: 136 Member
    Bump -- would love to hear what program you lifters are running these days :)