Females only - lifting/weight training results?

Replies

• Hamsibian
    Hamsibian Posts: 1,388 Member
    Thank you @middlehaitch !! It was difficult to tell as my measurements haven't increased much the last two evaluations, but my trainer did mention I had more definition. I needed to take a pictures to see for sure :)
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,483 Member
    Oh so true about the pictures.

Gains are so tiny at times you can't see or measure them well, it is only by putting 2-3 pics side by side that the changes over time can be seen.

You are doing really well- your face is showing it too.

Cheers, h.
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,483 Member
    @bbell1985 looking good with or without 10lbs.
    It was cruel to post a pic of you in the beach though- I am desperate for my Caribbean holiday in March :'( (love the bikini too).

Cheers, h.
  • SueSueDio
    SueSueDio Posts: 4,796 Member
    @bbell1985 You are proof that what the scale reads isn't necessarily important! :)

And @Hamsibian I agree with @middlehaitch that your improvements show in your face too. It's great to see that lovely smile!
  • Sp1tfire
    Sp1tfire Posts: 1,120 Member
    My weight has stayed the same or declined a lb but I still feel like my arms and back look bigger than before. Not sure but I certainly like how I look!! Weightlifting gave my fitness a whole new purpose.
  • Hamsibian
    Hamsibian Posts: 1,388 Member
    @SueSueDio thank you! Someone else mentioned my smile. I didn't even realize how much that also changed. You are so kind. :)

@bbell1985 you look fantastic, 10lbs gainn or not! And I'm jealous that you were at the beach. I have been dreaming of a beach vacation for the last 2 years lol.

@katadx it's wonderful you like the way you look and feel. That's more important than anything.
  • hayvensea97101
    hayvensea97101 Posts: 3 Member
    al06n7c8h6fs.jpg

Me currently. Have pretty much maintained/cut since last summer.

You're results are incredible!! You said you work out only at home. I'm a college student, so I don't really have a gym I can consistently go to and the one at school has very few weights that all the guys hoard. Do you have any advice on what to do at home/how to get started and do progressive loading?
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    rschau4 wrote: »
    I love heavy weight lifting. Here is a photo from Dec of 2016 and the other is April 2018.vwqzr4l1xdou.jpg

Nice! What's the weight difference if you don't mind me asking?
  • rschau4
    rschau4 Posts: 6 Member
    bbell1985 wrote: »
    rschau4 wrote: »
    I love heavy weight lifting. Here is a photo from Dec of 2016 and the other is April 2018.vwqzr4l1xdou.jpg

Nice! What's the weight difference if you don't mind me asking?

About 8 lbs I believe. I'm starting to cut a little weight. However, I have signed up for a powerlifting competition in Oct so no big muscle loss for me. I'm keeping it all!