Replies

• MG_Fit
    MG_Fit Posts: 1,143 Member
    People that want to loose weight.
  • attachment.php?attachmentid=39134&d=1344142886

Biggest.pet.peeve.ever.
  • MuscleAndMascara
    MuscleAndMascara Posts: 1,260 Member
    I'd have to say the creepy pervs.. I don't mind the complimentary people or the postitive people, but the down rite nasty ones bug the hell out of me... It's just gross to see them talk so disrespectful to anyone on this site...
  • Mine is when people send FR with no message. My profile clearly states why I don't accept FR unless you include a message so I find it very frustrating when people don't take the time to read your profile before hitting that "add friend" button. I think it validates my feelings on the included message with FR...

Whats your silly MFP pet peeve?

It is? Really? FR without message, sent.
  • The food database. Wading through ten different versions of "banana" to find what I need.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Regarding the BUMP, I think that it's okay if you want your post to be moved to the top again so that you can get a response, but when you're just doing it so that you can see it later, that's just...Why don't you just use the bookmark feature on yourrr computer? I have a folder with all MFP threads (mainly recipes) that I want to look at later. I just drag the tab there. Much quicker than typing a reply with "BUMP" in it.

My friends rely on me to find and bring to their attention the best of the MFP forum threads...

...it's one of the many benefits of being on my FL...

...so your bookmark approach won't work for me.

What a great service!! Can I be on your friends list?

oh! and 1) I saw your post in the forum, 2) We have some of the same friends 3) you make me laugh

Is that enough reasons?

I don't know...

...seems sketchy.

You aren't one of those creepy people I read so much about in the forums, are you?

:huh:
  • jlapey
    jlapey Posts: 1,850 Member
    Regarding the BUMP, I think that it's okay if you want your post to be moved to the top again so that you can get a response, but when you're just doing it so that you can see it later, that's just...Why don't you just use the bookmark feature on yourrr computer? I have a folder with all MFP threads (mainly recipes) that I want to look at later. I just drag the tab there. Much quicker than typing a reply with "BUMP" in it.

My friends rely on me to find and bring to their attention the best of the MFP forum threads...

oh! and 1) I saw your post in the forum, 2) We have some of the same friends 3) you make me laugh

Is that enough reasons?

I don't know...

...seems sketchy.

You aren't one of those creepy people I read so much about in the forums, are you?

No! I'm not...I promise.
  • jimmmer
    jimmmer Posts: 3,515 Member
    Mine is when people send FR with no message. My profile clearly states why I don't accept FR unless you include a message so I find it very frustrating when people don't take the time to read your profile before hitting that "add friend" button. I think it validates my feelings on the included message with FR...

Whats your silly MFP pet peeve?

It is? Really? FR without message, sent.

Declined!

It was funny/original when Amelia did it first, though....
  • ThePlight
    ThePlight Posts: 3,593 Member
    I almost didn't accept the first one without a message.. But.. I have no idea how to make the requests go away if I don't accept. So, I caved. Much rather not see the red thingymajig at the top there, flashing "HEY LOOK AT ME, LOOK AT ME!" so yeah..
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member

Is that enough reasons?

I don't know...

...seems sketchy.

No! I'm not...I promise.

Seems legit.
  • BenjaminMFP88
    BenjaminMFP88 Posts: 660 Member
    I'm not a fan of how it recommends a caloric value and how it warns against macros. I've seen people drop to really dangerous caloric levels because they base their needs on what MVP tells them.
  • __freckles__
    __freckles__ Posts: 1,238 Member
    I'd have to say the creepy pervs.. I don't mind the complimentary people or the postitive people, but the down rite nasty ones bug the hell out of me... It's just gross to see them talk so disrespectful to anyone on this site...

Change your profile pic to an awesome weight lifting kitty and your problem will be solved. Oh wait, but then you might piss off this guy:

It's old fashioned, but I like to see with whom I'm corresponding/talking.

Why are people so afraid to put a picture of themselves up? Presumably people see them walking around in the world? Or do they hold a comedy picture of a cat over their face out and about too?
  • Friend collectors who add you and then you don't hear another word from them. If they haven't commented in a week, I cut them loose.
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Special snowflakes.
  • RllyGudTweetr
    RllyGudTweetr Posts: 2,019 Member
    tumblr_m99ic1kTT51r81wtbo1_500.gif
  • VeganLexi
    VeganLexi Posts: 960 Member
    People who shove their religion down your throat.
  • mustgetmuscles1
    mustgetmuscles1 Posts: 3,346 Member
    The message boards.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    "What is your silly MFP pet peeve?"

The fact I have to come here anymore to even count calories and track fitness to not be a lard *kitten*.
  • BekaBooluvsu
    BekaBooluvsu Posts: 470 Member
    When people beg for more friends and then are not supportive at all. We may be on here for self improvement but support is a mutual thing. Don't ask for friends if you are going to be a crappy friend.
  • VelvetMorning
    VelvetMorning Posts: 398 Member
    When the most beautiful girls that I want to look like stick their fingers down their throats to maintain it.