I think I'm becoming bulimic..:\

13»

Replies

• Don't have snacks in the house, don't allow yourself two pieces as you can'tstick to that! Have low cal veg or fruit snacks aavailable,you won't want to binge on that . also stop the self hatred! Cherish your self and that body , and look after yourself well!
  • tmm_0127
    tmm_0127 Posts: 545 Member
    You need to gain control of your eating habits... and by that I mean: go see a therapist and / or join a support group. Binge / purge cycles are incredibly dangerous and you don't have to be doing it for any certain period of time for it to become an eating disorder, because just the fact that you've done it means you definitely have a disordered relationship with food. You need to get to the route of the issue. A lot of the time you will binge not because you're hungry but because something's being triggered in your mind... and then the feeling of needing to punish yourself for overeating is very destructive. I was on a binge / purge and restrictive diet roll for 4 years of my life, then got help, but then plunged back into the binge / purge for a while last year and went back to therapy for it. You need to get a handle of it before it gets way too out of control, because it goes that way very quickly.
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Get professional help!!!

This is serious.
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    I think you need to realize how weight fluctuates within the body. You likely are aware that the first few lbs people lose when reducing calories comes from water weight. Similarly, when you increase calories closer to maintenance, you are simply replenishing the water weight you previously lost. Thus, you shouldn't think of this increase in calories as "gained" weight at all. The only time a person truly gains weight is by eating above their maintenance intake.

If you are eating out of boredom, then you may want to consider finding a hobby.

^ This.

OP, you are most likely putting on water weight anytime you go above 1200, freak out, don't give your body time to adjust to the new calories (and thus shed the water weight), and instead go back down to 1200. Too low, obviously makes you prone to binges.

See a psychologist. Knowing it's bad is good, but as many of us in recovery from EDs know... you can be aware something is bad but not necessarily have the means or coping ability to stop it. See a professional. Stat.
  • danasings
    danasings Posts: 8,218 Member
    I think you need to realize how weight fluctuates within the body. You likely are aware that the first few lbs people lose when reducing calories comes from water weight. Similarly, when you increase calories closer to maintenance, you are simply replenishing the water weight you previously lost. Thus, you shouldn't think of this increase in calories as "gained" weight at all. The only time a person truly gains weight is by eating above their maintenance intake.

If you are eating out of boredom, then you may want to consider finding a hobby.

^ This.

OP, you are most likely putting on water weight anytime you go above 1200, freak out, don't give your body time to adjust to the new calories (and thus shed the water weight), and instead go back down to 1200. Too low, obviously makes you prone to binges.

See a psychologist. Knowing it's bad is good, but as many of us in recovery from EDs know... you can be aware something is bad but not necessarily have the means or coping ability to stop it. See a professional. Stat.

Agreed. Bulimia is a horrible thing. Take it from someone that has been battling it for more than half her life.

Get help, and start doing some reading. I recommend "Brain Over Binge" by Kathryn Hansen and "Women, Food and God" by Geneen Roth. Don't let books replace therapy, though. You need some IRL guidance to keep you from continuing down the rabbit hole.