Self Hate -- Weekend Rant

Options
1234568»

Replies

• UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    And honestly, I'm not projecting my own insecurities.

Someone I care for is suffering from this same problem... he also refuses to get help. I suppose I'm trying to save OP since I can't save him.

But I am legitimately concerned here, and believe the OP could use the help of a qualified professional. I am frustrated because so many people want to dismiss her behavior when it actually indicates a pretty serious problem so maybe I'm a bit on the defensive, and jumped too quickly to generalize others in this thread.
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    There is always going to be someone smaller, thinner, fitter, prettier and now that I've reached the ripe old age of 55..YOUNGER. Boo hoo. In the end IF we're lucky, we all get old. Beauty is fleeting. Learn to love yourself and surround yourself with people deserving of your love. Strive for healthy and happy!!!! Lose the drama!
  • LiminalAscendance
    LiminalAscendance Posts: 489 Member
    Options

Someone I care for is suffering from this same problem... he also refuses to get help. I suppose I'm trying to save OP since I can't save him.

But I am legitimately concerned here, and believe the OP could use the help of a qualified professional. I am frustrated because so many people want to dismiss her behavior when it actually indicates a pretty serious problem so maybe I'm a bit on the defensive, and jumped too quickly to generalize others in this thread.

Didn't you say "Peace Out," or something like that?

I'm not an expert on idioms, but doesn't that usually mean you are going away?
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options

Didn't you say "Peace Out," or something like that?

I'm not an expert on idioms, but doesn't that usually mean you are going away?

Not likely.
  • bugaha1
    bugaha1 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    This was interesting.

Peace out.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    This was interesting.

Peace out.

So we'll see you in 10 minutes, then?
  • Mustang_Susie
    Mustang_Susie Posts: 7,045 Member
    Options
    This was interesting.

Peace out.

So we'll see you in 10 minutes, then?

Snicker...
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    Nah - it was, according to the time stamps, only 4 minutes.

The first time, that is.
  • sabified
    sabified Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry... but anyone in this thread that thinks it is okay for her to acknowledge the problem, but not address the problem, probably has the exact same problem.

Enjoy hating yourselves, since you obviously relish in the pain you cause yourselves.

I'm going to move on from this thread because I'm actually trying to be healthy and there are too many in here content with how they are when they know they have a problem.

(Which, coincidentally, is what this guy will do unless he is just emotionally damaged too.)

Peace out!

She doesn't hate herself, she had a bad day.
    But sure, all of us who posted in here need to be in therapy and popping pills.

No one said anything about popping pills.

And I'm pretty sure she titled this thread with "Self-Hate" and then, subsequently ranted about her own behavior which she wasn't happy with... acknowledging a problem that she needs to address.

However, you and many others want to brush it off as normal because you all do it too. And if everyone does it, then it must be normal so therefore, no issue needs to be addressed.

Makes total sense!

Not that I think you're going to check this board anymore, but at the end of her post she also said:
    I think it’s really hard to go out and stay on track. Not only that, I need to say better things about and to myself. I read on a post and watched in a documentary that a lot of this weight loss journey is about the mind and that’s something I need to work on. I want to be happier with myself no matter who is around. Everyone I met was great and I am sure I will see them again, my team won the football game, and I had a good time. I really ruined it by thinking too much and doing so much self-hate.

I just felt that I wanted to vent and post this. Thanks for reading.

She did address that her negativity was an issue and she understood the flaws in her behaviour... her self hating rant was projected towards the fact that she behaved this way, not on the fact that she is unhappy with her appearence and no where did she say she wanted to stay that way...

I also only saw the first and last page, though didn't see anyone telling her "hey, keep doing what you're doing and stay unhappy" (or anything along those lines)... most people did give words of advice on how to improve...

but then again, I'm also tossing my two cents in when I didn't read everything else, so meh....

OP, glad you recognized the negativity in your behaviour and I wish you the best of luck in over coming it :) Sometimes, even if you can't do what other's have suggested and praise yourself, the simple act of keeping your mouth shut and not speaking the self loathing can do wonders. And then, when you get that down, progressing to replacing the negative with positive becomes easier too. Best of luck with the rest of your "be healthy" journey :)

Edited to fix my quote box and have my post make a bit more sense :)
  • jkandktmom
    jkandktmom Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    I loved this post, and I hope you are still reading it!

Two weeks ago I had two dates that I met online I was really looking forward to- one more than the other but I was excited to meet both guys. Saturday night guy and I texted for two days straight and he asked if we could meet for drinks on Friday because "he just couldn't wait". I walked out the door thinking I looked hot, I even texted my friend and told her that the poor boy didn't stand a chance. I had that much confidence in how I looked. We had drinks he went off to his other plans and I went home.

The next morning as I was getting ready for my coffee date, drinks guy canceled for that night. Now, he could have met someone while out with friends the prior night, he could have been turned off by my personality but all I could focus on was my size. So, as I’m getting ready for my next date my confidence is a bit deflated but I still thought I looked good- profile pic. We had an awesome date I really felt we had a connection. He didn't ask for another date and I was devastated, two in one day was a bit more than I my shaky self-esteem could handle.

I told my friends I was just too big to date and that I was done. I couldn't handle the rejection anymore. I ran straight to my not good for me ex, but he reminded me of one very important thing. I WAS sexy to someone. And although we cannot be together he found me desirable and wanted to me. Now I need to find a way to put my big girl panties on and go back to dating because no one is going to find me sitting at home with the cats.

Good luck and vent away it's healthy!! :flowerforyou:
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options
    I loved this post, and I hope you are still reading it!

Two weeks ago I had two dates that I met online I was really looking forward to- one more than the other but I was excited to meet both guys. Saturday night guy and I texted for two days straight and he asked if we could meet for drinks on Friday because "he just couldn't wait". I walked out the door thinking I looked hot, I even texted my friend and told her that the poor boy didn't stand a chance. I had that much confidence in how I looked. We had drinks he went off to his other plans and I went home.

The next morning as I was getting ready for my coffee date, drinks guy canceled for that night. Now, he could have met someone while out with friends the prior night, he could have been turned off by my personality but all I could focus on was my size. So, as I’m getting ready for my next date my confidence is a bit deflated but I still thought I looked good- profile pic. We had an awesome date I really felt we had a connection. He didn't ask for another date and I was devastated, two in one day was a bit more than I my shaky self-esteem could handle.

I told my friends I was just too big to date and that I was done. I couldn't handle the rejection anymore. I ran straight to my not good for me ex, but he reminded me of one very important thing. I WAS sexy to someone. And although we cannot be together he found me desirable and wanted to me. Now I need to find a way to put my big girl panties on and go back to dating because no one is going to find me sitting at home with the cats.

Good luck and vent away it's healthy!! :flowerforyou:

You may have already started down a dangerous path.
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry... but anyone in this thread that thinks it is okay for her to acknowledge the problem, but not address the problem, probably has the exact same problem.

Enjoy hating yourselves, since you obviously relish in the pain you cause yourselves.

I'm going to move on from this thread because I'm actually trying to be healthy and there are too many in here content with how they are when they know they have a problem.

(Which, coincidentally, is what this guy will do unless he is just emotionally damaged too.)

Peace out!

What a disgusting comment.

Sorry your post got hijacked with such weird negativity, OP.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options

Peace out!

What a disgusting comment.

Sorry your post got hijacked with such weird negativity, OP.

I apologized for it. I let my frustration get the better of me.
  • BossLadyDSimp
    BossLadyDSimp Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Hey ... everyone is entied to their opnion ... I just ignore the negative ... maybe if UsedToBeHusky would have wrote me personally I would have told her that I actually do have a life coach and share these issues with her! Didn't feel like i had to say that but THERE YOU GO ... help is being sought, happy!

I appreaciate everyones post ... I wrote people indvidually ... I am working on myself, thinking positive, and letting this experience be a real wake up call and lesson about my life!!!

Thanks again everyone!
  • BossLadyDSimp
    BossLadyDSimp Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Google "Dove Real Beauty Sketch" or "Dove commercial with sketch artist." It is interesting.

LOVED IT! THANK YOU!

50540473.png