The Dark Side - Below 1200 AKA starvation mode

13»

Replies

• MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    I observe the Friday Fast two small meals and one regular one with no meat other than fish) and am almost always under 1200 calories. The website gives me the "you are eating too little" message, to which I mentally reply, "I am practicing my religion." Why exactly would I lie about it? I eat less than 600 on Ash Wednesday, Good Friday and Holy Saturday because I don't even eat the two small meals, just dinner. I'm sure I won't lie about it then either, but I will be hungry on Easter Sunday. I tell people that Catholics have been practicing intermittent fasting for millennia, so it doesn't bother me if other people do it to lose weight. I do it because it's good for my soul. And one day a week really won't trigger starvation mode.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    I have never lied to MFP. PRolly the only person in my life Ever!
  • AccioFitness
    AccioFitness Posts: 244 Member
    Nope, that has happened to me exactly zero times.

20-Ratatouille-I-Dont-like-food-i-love-it_zps5736188f.gif

ALLLLL the QFT.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    i eat anywhere from 0-800 calories in a day, and i feel fine. my body is lean. im not very strong but i never have been. if i eat anymore i feel sick

I mean this sincerely, but you should seriously consider seeking professional help. This seems like a potentially Very Bad Thing™.

Does this mean I can no longer say "Very Bad Thing" without paying your royalties???

How long have you been saying it and how many times have you used it? You probably already owe me royalties for prior unlicensed use.
  • Carnivor0us
    Carnivor0us Posts: 1,752 Member
    You get in trouble by posting threads about eating less than 1200 cals a day. That seems to be the pattern around here.
  • jofjltncb6
    You get in trouble by posting threads about eating less than 1200 cals a day. That seems to be the pattern around here.

Probably because of Community Guidelines (all hail) #3...that's my best guess. (http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines)
  • MrsK20141004
    MrsK20141004 Posts: 489 Member
    Grabbing popcorn for this one...
  • Carnivor0us
    Carnivor0us Posts: 1,752 Member

Probably because of Community Guidelines (all hail) #3...that's my best guess. (http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines)

Yup.
  • jofjltncb6

Get a small one. This thread won't last long at all.
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member

now i want popcorn
  • JilloftheDead
    JilloftheDead Posts: 296 Member

Better eat fast then
    Popcorn!.gif
  • Alex
    Alex Posts: 10,145 MFP Staff
    Dear Posters,

I wanted to provide a brief explanation for locking this topic.

The forum guidelines include this item:

3. No Promotion of Unsafe Weight-Loss Techniques or Eating Disorders
    a) Posts intended to promote potentially unsafe or controversial weight loss products or procedures, including non-medically prescribed supplements or MLM products will be removed without warning.
    b) Profiles, groups, messages, posts, or wall comments that encourage anorexia, bulimia, or very low calorie diets of any kind will be removed, and may be grounds for account deletion. This includes positive references to ana/mia, purging, or self-starving. Our goal is to provide users with the tools to achieve their weight management goals at a steady, sustainable rate. Use of the site to promote or glamorize dangerously low levels of eating is not permitted.
    c) Photos intended to glamorize extreme thinness will be deleted.
    d) Those seeking support in their recovery from eating disorders are welcome at MyFitnessPal.

If you would like to review the forum guidelines, please visit the following link:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines

At our discretion, this locked thread may be deleted entirely in the near future.

With respect,
    Olivia
    MyFitnessPal Community Manager
This discussion has been closed.