Weight gain fears

2»

Replies

• Barbellgirl
    Barbellgirl Posts: 544 Member
    I'm 5'6 115 lbs and I lift four times a week, do no cardio, and eat 2200 calories a day. Lift heavy and eat. Skinny and skinny fat is not what you want to be.
  • I was in the exact same position, got fat - became skinny then had to fight with myself to bulk. Eating excess was ify but once you get going you notice minimal fat gains. Do a clean bulk lift heavy weights and you will be fine, you will gain some fat but that comes with the territory.
  • GiddyupTim
    GiddyupTim Posts: 2,819 Member
    I'm surprised to read that your BMR is so low. Young guys who work out, like you are, generally can eat, eat, eat, and not gain a bit. Most really have to work at it to gain.
  • maywess
    maywess Posts: 1 Member
    Hi im 26 every one around me says i need to gain weight but im worried if i gain to mutch weight it will all go to my stomach and I was wondering how do i gain healthy weight and stay in shape as well.
  • TonyStark30
    TonyStark30 Posts: 497 Member
    Just up cals, train really hard, and consistently. You will gain some fat, but you will gain the muscle you are lacking long before you get 'fat', then just cut again. Nothing to fear, just let the Vanity go.
  • lindustum
    lindustum Posts: 212 Member
    For a male you are really eating little!
  • If you want to build muscle mass you will have to increase calories, but it's not bad. The more muscle you have, the more calories you burn. Also, take supplements. Creatine is common and effective in most people, and BCAA's are a good idea to spur muscle growth.

You are also going to want to lift weights more often and push yourself harder, through more weight or more reps. Lifting to failure will absolutely push results along