Quest Bars????

Options
124»

Replies

• fvtfan
    fvtfan Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    My trainer suggested them because not only are they high in protein they are very low in sugar. They get me through the day, but I don't LOVE them. My favorite is the double chocolate chunk. I have been looking at other protein bars and most of them are very high in sugar so I guess I will stick to Quest bars.
  • tatecass
    tatecass Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I am so glad I'm not the only one who thinks these bars are nasty! I would rather eat cardboard! O_o They have great macros but the taste just isn't worth it to me!
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,389 MFP Moderator
    Options
    I am so glad I'm not the only one who thinks these bars are nasty! I would rather eat cardboard! O_o They have great macros but the taste just isn't worth it to me!

I finally tried them this weekend, and I would much rather have the Cliff Builder Protein bars... i think quest are pretty nasty, but my wife loves them.
  • _lyndseybrooke_
    _lyndseybrooke_ Posts: 2,561 Member
    Options
    I felt that way until I stuck them in the microwave. I hate some of the most popular flavors like Coconut Cashew, Cinnamon Roll, and White Chocolate Raspberry, but I love Double Chocolate Chunk, Chocolate Brownie, Cookies and Cream, Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough, and Apple Pie. Microwaving them for 15ish seconds is a must, though, because the texture of these bars right out the package makes me gag.
  • alexuh
    alexuh Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I'm obsessed. They were definitely made by the health and fitness gods!

:love: Choc Chip Cookie Dough and White Choc Raspberry :love:

I WILL try the Cookies and Cream one day, I just wish they were more easily accessible in the UK. :sad:
  • jamieherlihy
    Options
    I love Quest Bars! If you are looking for a natural way to get your macronutrients for the day and craving something sweet, these bars are one of the best options.

One thing to consider is that they have an "all natural" line of bars that are sweetened with Stevia instead of Sucralose. If you are trying to eat clean, I recommend staying within the all natural line.

The following flavors are part of the all natural line:

Banana Nut Muffin
    Strawberry Cheesecake
    Double Chocolate Chunk
    Coconut Cashew
    Cinnamon Roll
    Lemon Cream Pie

I would stick with one of these flavors if you are staying clean. The top 3 listed are by far my favorite.

Hope this helps!
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,835 Member
    Options
    Firstly, I like "most" flavours of quest bars I've tried.

For those who are buying them predominantly for the fibre content, what is your daily fibre goal?

Word of warning, 6 quest bars and your toilet will not be happy with you. (nor your significant other :laugh:)

BTW I made a quest bar pizza one time. Get 2 bars. Nuke for 15secs. Roll out onto a baking pan into a flat circle and bake for 10mins at about 160-180C. I topped with PB and banana. Was pretty damn good.
  • monolith66
    monolith66 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Great macros on these, had a chocolate brownie and cookies and cream the other day. I'm most likely buying a box on my next supplement run.
  • kikityme
    kikityme Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    I certainly hope this lawsuit isn't accurate. The fiber count is the main reason I eat these, since it can be deducted from gross carbs. Dreamfields pasta just had to pay $8 million for the same reason. The net carb count was inaccurate and causing blood sugar surges. If Quest is doing the same, it is dangerous for people with high blood sugar who rely on them. I really don't care what their president says--I want to see lab test results.

"I have NEVER EVER EVER seen a protein bar on the market with better macros. Ever."

Agreed... but....

Quest Bars have the best macros (according to the label). But it is my understanding that they are being sued in California for allegedly falsifying the macros of their bars-- so I no longer eat them. The fibre in those bars (along with the protein) are what attracted me to Quest Bars-- the taste kept me buying them. But i am suspicious of how accurate the macros are so i dropped them and replaced with real food I can track.

Just do a google search and decide for yourself.

Anyone can file a lawsuit. You do not need any proof. I suggest you go on the quest website and read their statement from the President of Quest regarding the lawsuit. The lawsuit is frivolous and they give you a study to back it up. And only the fiber is being questioned. Perhaps you should do some research before you listen to the rumors.

Also, why are we necroing 5 month old threads? (not you)

Lab results are posted on their website if you had read what I said

All I know is that there is something that's hidden in there. According to the label, they should be fairly ok for my blood sugar, and I got 3 spikes of 50 points after eating them on 3 separate occasions.
  • jessicarespinoza
    Options
    I agree with the guy who says coming from snickers and candy compared to the questbars yeah they probably dont taste so great .. but to people who eat chicken, salmon, veggies, fruits, etc. foods that are pretty bland these taste amazing. I am in love with them. Ive tasted 3 flavors (cookies and creme, cookie dough and double chocolate) and they all taste so good. I dont drink soda or eat candy, sometimes i drink sweet tea but not often so these are like heaven.