Infant and Toddler School Menu

2»

Replies

• Nicolee_2014
    Nicolee_2014 Posts: 1,572 Member
    Nuts - unsalted (I know some kids have nut allergies so this might be tricky, but they are SO HEALTHY)

i like how you put this disclaimer under "nuts" but forgot about it for the 2 other items that you have suggested peanut butter on.

most pre schools these days are nut free.

And don't forget nutella...That has nuts in it too...
  • Thanks everyone. I have been in the daycare business for 8 years and am fully aware of what foods are choking hazards. I just wanted to know what everyone thought of the new menu that I came up with. And I also forgot to mention that this menu is for children eating table food (12 months and up).
  • cjcolorado
    cjcolorado Posts: 49 Member
    That looks like a fantastic menu! My kids are older now (9, 7, 7); but, I would have killed to have seen such healthy choices in their pre-school. I pack their lunches now with healthy whole foods; but, at the time, it was hard to compete with the snacks that were being offered them at preschool once they got home.

Some other options, if dairy allergies are not an issue:
    -Mini quiches made in muffin cups with veggies, cheese, hashbrown crust.
    -Dip made with Greek yogurt (make either savory or sweet)
    -Those tiny fresh mozzarella 'pearls' are smaller than choking hazard size and my kids LOVE those with small bites of salami or cooked chicken in their lunches.
  • la8ydi
    la8ydi Posts: 294 Member
    Thanks everyone. I have been in the daycare business for 8 years and am fully aware of what foods are choking hazards.

Didn't know that - didn't mean to offend.