• sunnshhiine
    sunnshhiine Posts: 727 Member
    .. she deactivated?

son of a biscuit.

i hate giving advice to no one.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • SamanthaD1218
    SamanthaD1218 Posts: 303 Member
    Why do you even give a *kitten* if it is your EX?

Break ups are rough and she explicitly said that it was his decision, not hers. Plus, it's her best friend. It would bother me, too, but even if it wouldn't bother you, there's no reason to be unkind.

I have to agree with many of the other posters, OP. It's difficult, but cutting all ties is really the only way you can truly move forward without letting him pull you down. It's hard if you have mutual friends, but I'm sure they will understand if you want to put a little distance between yourself and him. If I was you, I'd also talk to my friend about the situation just to let her know how I was feeling and how uncomfortable it made me (it sounds like she's not doing anything to encourage the flirting, but if she knows how it's making you feel she can try to put a stop to it or even put a little space between herself and him).

Hahaha and just noticed she deactivated. Dammit. I'm posting this anyway.
  • tzig00
    tzig00 Posts: 875 Member
    Yes, you have to see him in class. But you are the one deciding to still interact with him. You are sitting and listening to him compliment your best friend. If he does something that is upsetting you, remove yourself from the situation. Walk away.

I would think any mutual friends would understand and, if they don't, obviously they picked him in the break up and you need to find new friends.

This. After breaking up with my husband we now have the same friends but don't hang out with them together. I know it's hard to move on, but move on. You're in college so it's not hard to make new friends and sit as far away from him as possible in the classes. If they're your true friends they'll ask why you aren't around them anymore and it'll put things in perspective for them. If not, cut ties and move on.
  • BossLadyDSimp
    BossLadyDSimp Posts: 257 Member
    .. she deactivated?

LOOKS LIKE IT SMH ... I didn't think this post was harsh or anything ... oh well

50540473.png

Meanie!

I know it was all your fault K.

I am the worst ever ... whomp whomp she better get some thick skin ... it sounded like people were about to rip her apart anyways ... it was prob for the best lol

50540473.png
  • luceegj
    luceegj Posts: 246 Member
    Ignore! Or join in! Piss him off!
  • My best guess is that you're coping and he's not and he's just mad about that.

Ignore him. He'll be out of your life soon.
  • TX_Rhon
    TX_Rhon Posts: 1,549 Member
    As I explained in my post, I'm pretty much forced to see him everyday because we take classes together, so as much as I would like to avoid him I can't :S

I haven't talk about "us as a couple" with him since the day we broke up
    Then get a rebound guy. You'll be fine.

Thread should have ended here!
  • DeltaZero
    DeltaZero Posts: 1,197 Member
    .. she deactivated?

LOOKS LIKE IT SMH ... I didn't think this post was harsh or anything ... oh well

50540473.png

Meanie!

I am the worst ever ... whomp whomp she better get some thick skin ... it sounded like people were about to rip her apart anyways ... it was prob for the best lol

50540473.png

You do look pretty evil. You probably ask that everyone on your FL eats clean, and logs everything. Who does that?!
  • lauren3101
    lauren3101 Posts: 1,853 Member
    Your best friend, if she truly is a best friend, should be telling him where to go, in a polite but firm way. If she's actually encouraging this behaviour then she's not your best friend.

Aside from that, just ignore him. I don't actually think sleeping with your friend is his top priority, I think he is trying to get to you, and by the looks of it, he's succeeding. Pretend that it's not happening and get on with your life, and try and separate from him a little. Find other friends that aren't involved, for example.

Edit: Damn it, I hate actually putting effort into a response to find out they deactivated. :grumble:
  • tottie06
    tottie06 Posts: 259 Member
    .. she deactivated?

Apparently she didn't like the advice!

Abandon topic.... She's gone everyone.

hahaaa Yeah, I just went to check before posting. Gone!
  • BossLadyDSimp
    BossLadyDSimp Posts: 257 Member
    .. she deactivated?

50540473.png

Meanie!

50540473.png

You do look pretty evil. You probably ask that everyone on your FL eats clean, and logs everything. Who does that?!

YEP! Eat clean ... train dirty ... drink GALLONS of water ... no cheat days ... LOG even no calorie things ... must go to the gym 2x a day!!!!
  • Inshape13
    Inshape13 Posts: 680 Member
    Yes, you have to see him in class. But you are the one deciding to still interact with him. You are sitting and listening to him compliment your best friend. If he does something that is upsetting you, remove yourself from the situation. Walk away.

I would think any mutual friends would understand and, if they don't, obviously they picked him in the break up and you need to find new friends.

Could not have said it better myself.
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Didn't read all of the posts but I'm hoping your BEST FRIEND tells him to go kick rocks.

Also, the best revenge is your own success. Move forward, go about your life and be successful. It's the best way to serve it.
  • Lauren8239
    Lauren8239 Posts: 1,039 Member
    She deleted her account...no more advice needed lol.
  • metaphoria
    metaphoria Posts: 1,432 Member
    .. she deactivated?

son of a biscuit.

i hate giving advice to no one.

"Son of a biscuit" had me all tickled for some reason. Giggling like an idiot here.
  • walterm852
    walterm852 Posts: 409 Member
    I went to a college of 5k students, it was hard to get away from people if you really liked them and they wanted to move on... especially with someone else. I went thru it and my friends (guy and gals) went thru it, time heals all wounds, it will get easier and at the end, you will see that the person wasnt right for you. In a small school situation, it can be hard to find people that aren't friendly acquaintances, so that could make it tough.

Id second the advice to have a chat with him and maybe your "friend" (indirectly approach the subject with her, make up a ficticious situation mirroring what is happening with her).

Last thought .... if the above doesnt go well, and he is completely self centered and inconsiderate... dont be a doormat, take the gloves off and turn the tables. Do not do it yelling or making a scene. As much as part of this will hurt you, act like you dont care, compliment his friends (especially if he has an alpha clash with a bro friend, compliment him). You may know what bugs him about himself or others ( for example: if he works out and has a big upper body but Bambi legs, compliment a guy with nice quads around him). Find his Kryptonite, the conversation you wanted to have in the beginning will be much easier (and dont hook up with him that "talk" night if it ever happens, there will be another day).
  • paperpusher3
    paperpusher3 Posts: 36 Member

This. After breaking up with my husband we now have the same friends but don't hang out with them together. I know it's hard to move on, but move on. You're in college so it's not hard to make new friends and sit as far away from him as possible in the classes. If they're your true friends they'll ask why you aren't around them anymore and it'll put things in perspective for them. If not, cut ties and move on.

Your ex making fun of you in front of friends is emotional abuse. My husband used to do the same thing and it was embarrassing and painful. I even told him that it hurt me and he kept it up saying that he was only teasing and that I couldn't take a joke. Well, I got the chance to turn the tables on him and it stopped immediately. Since you're not in a relationship with him any more. RUN! You don't need/want someone in you life who treats you that way.
  • JeriAnne84
    JeriAnne84 Posts: 543 Member
    he offers her to pick her up to take her to college and stuff like that...

Wha? Sorry but I don't even think you're college age. Who says that..."take her to college"?

lol

LMAO!!! "Hey do you need a ride to college today?"