Doctors Advice?

2»

Replies

• metaphoria
    metaphoria Posts: 1,432 Member
    I am 6 foot 2 and eat around 1400 calories per day.

I have lost a total of 136 pounds. (36 since I got on here).

So do what you want.

If you eat 1200 and feel like crap...you need to up your calories. We are all different. Do what works for you. Don't starve yourself though. If you feel like you need to eat...eat...just make it something healthy.

We may all be different...but I seriously doubt there are any circumstances in which a 6' 2" adult male should eat 1400 daily calories for an extended period of time.

Have you been tracking your bf% to ensure you aren't losing an appreciable amount of muscle?

Read the post above you. Muscular catabolism is broscience.

*ragequits internet*

NOOOOOOOOOO!!!
  • Thank you all for your opinions:)
    I will eat roughly 1500 and see how it goes and I hope tocontinue losing weight :)
  • elyelyse
    elyelyse Posts: 1,454 Member
    Thank you all for your opinions:)
    I will eat roughly 1500 and see how it goes and I hope tocontinue losing weight :)

One thing to consider...if you've been at 1200 for a while and go right to 1500 you may see a small initial gain before you lose again. You can try going up 150 for a week or two...then another 150, bringing your total to 1500 after a couple of weeks if that concerns you.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,420 MFP Moderator
    I'm 5'7, and 168 pounds but I want to go down to 125-130 (previous weight I was)
    I exercise 30-60 minutes everyday (only light to medium exercises though)

I wouldn't even stress hitting that weight if I was you. I would concentrate on maximizing fat loss and minimizing muscle loss. You may be surprised that you can lose less weight and look better. I would suggest you spend 3-4 days weight training and and some cardio.

BTW, your stats would suggest 1800-2000 calories would be a better goal. So even 1500 calories may be aggressive. And even if you do the low end of the calorie range, i would suggest 40% carbs, 30% protein and 30% fats so you can hit 1g of protein and .35g of fat per lb of lean body mass.